Lincoln Tunnel traffic is crazy!

JohnQPine

Would you believe it took 1 hour to get from the NJ Turnpike exit to PABT! Traffic was crawling the whole way, it seems at it's worst on Sundays. I really think that contraflow lane for inbound buses should be operating everyday from 5am to 8pm.

So many cars choose to drive into the city, let them give up a lane for more efficient mass transit!

Anyway, I'm suprised NJT hasn't made some type of transfer deal for folks who take buses into PABT to transfer for rail service at Secaucus transfer. The buses pass right by and it would shave off ALOT of time on those inbound trips. I guess folks would whine about losing their one seat ride if NJT decided to short runn some buses at Secaucus.

So I am wondering, if I am coming from Freehold (or anywhere along that US 9 corridor) am I better off taking the 67 to Newark instead and then PATH or NJT Rail from there into NYC instead of the 139?

Would you believe it took 1 hour to get from the NJ Turnpike exit to PABT! Traffic was crawling the whole way, it seems at it's worst on Sundays. I really think that contraflow lane for inbound buses should be operating everyday from 5am to 8pm.

So many cars choose to drive into the city, let them give up a lane for more efficient mass transit!

Anyway, I'm suprised NJT hasn't made some type of transfer deal for folks who take buses into PABT to transfer for rail service at Secaucus transfer. The buses pass right by and it would shave off ALOT of time on those inbound trips. I guess folks would whine about losing their one seat ride if NJT decided to short runn some buses at Secaucus.

So I am wondering, if I am coming from Freehold (or anywhere along that US 9 corridor) am I better off taking the 67 to Newark instead and then PATH or NJT Rail from there into NYC instead of the 139?

PATH is faster, they can go 50 mph when auto traffic is jammed up. Just transfer at jsq for service to midtown.

- A

JohnQPine, I know how you feel.

When I was coming back from Bear Mt trip, my friend drive to Palisade Mall for 5:20pm departure of Rockland Coach #20 to PABT which took 103 minutes because of heavy rush hour traffic plus long route.

It almost felt like 2-hours with that traffic stretch from 1 mile from NJT to Lincoln Tunnel.

JohnQPine, I know how you feel.

When I was coming back from Bear Mt trip, my friend drive to Palisade Mall for 5:20pm departure of Rockland Coach #20 to PABT which took 103 minutes because of heavy rush hour traffic plus long route.

It almost felt like 2-hours with that traffic stretch from 1 mile from NJT to Lincoln Tunnel.

I took the 20 two saturdays ago... went inside the mall & probably missed the tappan zee express back to white plains, and the coach USA bus was just pulling into the stop when I got back there.... so I took that instead....

that route is normally that long (duration).... b/c when I was on it, there was virtually no traffic whatsoever and it took the same amt. of time.... then again, the bus was almost full coming back into NY... quite a # of pickups....

103 minutes... your ride was faster than mine.... lol... mine was 6 mins. short of two hours; so what is that, 114 mins....

----------------------------------

but yeah, those NJT drivers, I commend them... they have to have a ridiculous amount of patience... Taking many x22's, x30's, 31's & 17j's during the pm rush back to SI that I have, I look on the opposite side of the road, and traffic is bumper to bumper from the toll booth, all the way back to around Tonnelle av.... game days I can only imagine how much more worse it is than that....

Except that on weekends they do that JSQ-HOB-33rd thing.

they still do that? this is coming from someone that hasn't taken PATH in years....

....and there I was thinking that was some sort of GO or w/e....

but yeah, those NJT drivers, I commend them... they have to have a ridiculous amount of patience... Taking many x22's, x30's, 31's & 17j's during the pm rush back to SI that I have, I look on the opposite side of the road, and traffic is bumper to bumper from the toll booth, all the way back to around Tonnelle av.... game days I can only imagine how much more worse it is than that....

they still do that? this is coming from someone that hasn't taken PATH in years....

....and there I was thinking that was some sort of GO or w/e....

(NJT) drivers are usually totally laid back and patient not only with traffic, but pax as well.

PATH runs 4 lines on weekdays, and 2 on late nights & weekends & some holidays. This saves a huge amount of money, but can be very hugely time wasting for people on a tight schedule.

- A

The traffic is always bad. The only time is maybe between 1-4am thats it the flow is terrible. Going to NJ bad from 2pm to 11pm everyday. To NY its always horrible if you pay cash forget it! TWO only 2 open cash lanes! Unbelievable! Its sick. EZ Pass helps but either maintenance crews or a dodo driver screws up or the worst is when the speed limit is 35mph clear tunnel and the guy in front of you is doing 20 if you're lucky. If only you could bash the guy to move forward..... Please! Just terrible.

Archived