Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Harry

City bus runs wild on Brooklyn street, driver claims stuck accelerator for reason

An out-of-control city bus injured nearly a dozen people when it barreled through a busy Brooklyn intersection Saturday morning, police said.

The bustling BK 15 bus slammed into about six cars as it hurried northbound on Troy Ave. at Atlantic Ave. in Crown Heights around 10:30 a.m.

The driver reported a stuck accelerator as the cause for the accident, police sources said.

Shaken motorists were taken to Interfaith Medical Center and Kings County Hospital, but no serious injuries were reported.

No charges had been filed against the driver.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2009/10/11/2009-10-11_bus_runs_wild_on_brooklyn_street.html#ixzz0ThFoIPU8

Wow! I wonder if it was an Rapid Transit Series bus.. >< If it were then some RTSs need a fix up..

But just saying..

Wish everything the best :P!

Wow! I wonder if it was an Rapid Transit Series bus.. >< If it were then some RTSs need a fix up..

But just saying..

Wish everything the best :P!

It was an Orion VII Hybrid.

It might have been an o7 hybrid. Some drivers mash the accelerator. Theres no need to push so hard since the bus has electric assist for extra boost.
what assist some of those Buses dont move anywhere slow as a snail keep mashing tha accelarator still nothing

anyone else notice that the bus was the "BK 15"

I think they must have meant the "B15". Wow....

I am pretty sure that console first asked the B/O after the accident..."How is the bus?" This could have been a lot worse though, even at low speeds a bus can do major damage to whatever it crashes into.

Nuts.

Few years ago, ok a long time ago a :septa: bus got a stuck accelerator going into an intersection, not much you can do about it, just make sure the linkages are lubed and free of dirt/debris. I've been in cars that this happened to, it's usually the link between the end of the support bar getting stuck on a guide, or a rusty hinge.

- A

I am pretty sure that console first asked the B/O after the accident..."How is the bus?" This could have been a lot worse though, even at low speeds a bus can do major damage to whatever it crashes into.

Why would console ask that? Sometimes the things I read by you people are stupid.

what assist some of those Buses dont move anywhere slow as a snail keep mashing tha accelarator still nothing

LOL! That sounds like Alison Tanny 1999 RTS, 8400/8500s and JG Orion V CNGs. While riding an 4900 on the B82, the B/O had to stomp on the accelarator and the bus was barely moving! Same goes those V CNGs, B/O had to stomp on the gad pedal just for the bus to move lol.

well if i was driving a bus and the pedal got stuck i would throw the transmisson in neutral and then hit the brake slow down to a stop and lock the brakes when i`m stoped

LOL! That sounds like Alison Tanny 1999 RTS, 8400/8500s and JG Orion V CNGs. While riding an 4900 on the B82, the B/O had to stomp on the accelarator and the bus was barely moving! Same goes those V CNGs, B/O had to stomp on the gad pedal just for the bus to move lol.
Funny that you mention that two of my Co-Workers had 8500's yesterday i felt for them

Yesterday I rode a 99' RTS on the B46, and like usual, the bus is roaring even though we aren't going really that fast. Though my memory is a bit faint on this, at least the ZF ecomats were better than the Allysons. As for the 8400s/8500s, I can't speak for them to much, I mean, they are old and don't remember how they ride as a kid. The 97s/98s (at least the overhauled and repainted ones) are definetely a smooth, faster ride (even though nearly ever local bus is governed at 40 or 45).

Yesterday I rode a 99' RTS on the B46, and like usual, the bus is roaring even though we aren't going really that fast. Though my memory is a bit faint on this, at least the ZF ecomats were better than the Allysons. As for the 8400s/8500s, I can't speak for them to much, I mean, they are old and don't remember how they ride as a kid. The 97s/98s (at least the overhauled and repainted ones) are definetely a smooth, faster ride (even though nearly ever local bus is governed at 40 or 45).

Those 8400/8500 back in the day when they had the 6v92 are just as slow as they are now. However once they get going, there rockets!

Heres an link to the video of the crash... http://www.news12.com/index.jsp

Kinda shocking...

Those 8400/8500 back in the day when they had the 6v92 are just as slow as they are now. However once they get going, there rockets!

Heres an link to the video of the crash... http://www.news12.com/index.jsp

Kinda shocking...

Lawsuits galore are going to come out of this. The B/O better have a good lawyer because he is going to need it. This isn't an every day occurrence, that is the first thing people usually say, "the brake pedal or accelerator got stuck."

Lawsuits galore are going to come out of this. The B/O better have a good lawyer because he is going to need it. This isn't an every day occurrence, that is the first thing people usually say, "the brake pedal or accelerator got stuck."
LoL was watching tha 5am news and tha reporter said tha Bus Operator was out on workmen's Compensation and if he or she is on Probation that's it they are done