Imagine if The New Haven RR still exsisted?

N-Trizzy2609

This came to me as I was playing Trainz. I'm building a modern day version of the New Haven RR because it my all time favorite fallen flag next to the Pennsylvania. Imagine it was still around today, like the Harlem and Hudson Line were still Metro-North but the New Haven Line was owned by New Haven. The would have service up to Providence and service down to Penn Station and Grand Central. They'd ride like let's say a few AEM-7s in McGuinnes paint. Oh you know what would be even cooler. Seeing a ALP-46 in McGuinnes colors.

Lemme see what you thoughts are or if you wanna add to the imaginary roster. PLEASE DO NOT BRING UP REVIVING THE NEW YORK CENTRAL. The NY Central was the reason why the NH went bankrupt and sold out the Penn Central.

This really belongs in the fallen flag thread, however....

A fully re-opened NYNH&H would do wonders to take cars off roads. You could also try to connect the NH to MBTA, but not via the NEC. Might alleviate BOS-NYP congestion.

NYNH%26H_on_US_map_cropped.png

Rolling stock could be Brookville supplied, and be all fancy new tech, but really reliable with lots of testing first. :tup:

- A

Any current or former part of the NYNH&H is on topic here, including shore line east, or any regional/local freight operations.

You know what i find interesting (off topic) is that the line that leads from philly to my town, carried freight up till the 70's. I wonder (back on topic) what freight lines, customers etc are still served by NYNH&H trackage, and what lines are unused entirely.

- A

Archived