Terrorist Threatens to Blow Up DC Metro

Forest Glen

Last Tuesday a man of South Asian descent threatened to blow up the DC Metro as he erratically paced back and forth outside the Friendship Heights station on the Red line. Although this incident led to the evacuation of the nearby Chevy Chase Pavilion shopping center, it did not cause any service disruptions on the Metro. Ahamed Pinto Ali was taken into custody around 5:30 PM on Tuesday after mall security spotted him making verbal threats. Cops confiscated his backpack. They found diagrams of bridges, mosques, and DC area landmarks. Bomb-sniffing dogs did not find any explosives on Ali.

Credit given to Subchat's ctrabs74 for posting the article

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/local/Man-accused-of-threatening-to-blow-up-Metro-trains-63996337.html

I'm getting tired of these terrorists.

dammit! this just makes it worse for us railfans, as terrorists do their shit, we suffer in the form of stricter photo policies, or just ******* employees who can't tell the difference between a railfan and a terrorist.:mad:

You can say that again. I'm not going to railfan anymore if I have to put up with a load of nonsense from the police and TA workers.

Archived