A Bunch of problems (2)(3)(A)(C)(L)(S)

mark1447

Posted on:10/12/2009 5:26:05 PM

Due to a train with mechanical problems at the 14th Street Station:

Wakefield-bound (2) and Harlem-bound (3) trains are running local from the 14th Street Station to the 34th Street-Pennsylvania Avenue Station.

Also, due to mechanical problems on the South Channel Bridge:

There is no (A) train service between the Howard Beach-JFK Airport Station and the Far Rockaway-Mott Avenue Station in both directions.

There is no (S) train service between the Broad Channel Station and the Rockaway Park-Beach 116th Street Station in both directions.

Also, due to multiple trains with mechanical problems at the Jefferson Street Station:

Selected 8th Avenue-bound (L) trains will terminate at the Myrtle Avenue Station.

In addition, due to multiple trains with mechanical problems at the Fulton Street-Broadway Nassau Station:

Inwood-bound (A) and 168th Street-bound (C) trains are running on the (F) line from the Jay Street-Borough Hall Station to the West 4th Street-Washington Square Station.

Please expect delays in (2), (3), (A), (C) and (S) train service at this time.

Is this a regular weekday schedule or a Sunday due to Columbus day..?

Posted on:10/12/2009 5:30:22 PM

Following earlier incidents, (A), (S), (2) and (3) train service has resumed with residual delays.

Due to multiple trains with mechanical problems at the Jefferson Street Station:

Selected 8th Avenue-bound (L) trains will terminate at the Myrtle-Wyckoff Avenues Station.

THough (A)(C) G/O still on.. via (F)http://mta.info/alert/alertnyct.htm

I saw an (A) train being detoured at Jay Street onto Sixth Avenue myself. I was rather shocked, as I remember last week the (F) was doing the Eighth Avenue detour.

BTW today is a weekday schedule. Maybe the MTA doesn't consider Columbus Day significant enough to alter their schedule.

Archived