My Paris Photos (Part 2 of 2)

Zman

Thanks. The Paris Métro has some similarities with the London Underground, but not many. They really are two different types of systems. You really cannot compare the London Underground to anything else until you've had to duck to board a train.

• 3 weeks later...
Great pics! I especially loved the one at Mouton-Duvernet, our hotel was about a 5 minute walk from there on avenue du Maine.

Ah yes, avenue du Maine near Montparnasse. I know it very well! Very nice area and good restaurants.

Not bad. The Paris Metro was almost exactly like the NYC subway b/c of the graffiti and scratchitti, but I hated the fact that there weren't express trains other than the RER.

Well the RER is the express, the "Réseau express régional."

Nice stuff. Did you ask if you could operate the trains? :)

Don't I wish! I haven't got the moxie to present myself.

Ah yes, avenue du Maine near Montparnasse. I know it very well! Very nice area and good restaurants.

Did you try "Rafaello"? It's near the Campanile Montparnasse hotel. One of the owners is from Laval (Quebec, not France), north of Montreal. We went there every second night for supper and we had a digestif on the house every time. Maybe because we're from Montreal...

Did you try "Rafaello"? It's near the Campanile Montparnasse hotel. One of the owners is from Laval (Quebec, not France), north of Montreal. We went there every second night for supper and we had a digestif on the house every time. Maybe because we're from Montreal...

No, I had no idea about that place. Since I go to Paris once or twice a year, I'll be sure to try it on my next visit.

very cool ZMAN.....looks like you had a better time than me!!! Europe is the best!!!

Let's just say that I had just as good a time there as you! I've been to France twenty times and am looking forward to number 21!

No, I had no idea about that place. Since I go to Paris once or twice a year, I'll be sure to try it on my next visit.

It's at 160, avenue du Maine. At 148, there's a Proxi grocery store, it closes at around 6PM and at 146 is the Campanile hotel and at 166 is a Société Générale bank.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=fr&geocode=&q=160,+avenue+du+Maine,+Paris&sll=49.891235,-97.15369&sspn=25.669235,78.662109&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=160+Avenue+du+Maine,+75014+Paris,+Ile-de-France,+France&ll=48.833661,2.32455&spn=0,359.997599&t=h&z=19&layer=c&cbll=48.83357,2.324584&panoid=aL9CLv0uB0of3JLlkBvKcw&cbp=12,238.79,,1,4.21

Archived