Scowls but no slowdowns as hundreds of transit workers vent during TWU protest rally

Harry

Hundreds of transit workers vented anger about not getting raises during a series of protest rallies on Wednesday.

The "Day of Outrage" declared by Transport Workers Union Local 100, however, passed without signs of a job slowdown or significant service disruptions.

"We've been monitoring the situation, and service has been within normal ranges," MTA spokesman Jeremy Soffin said.

Transport Workers Union Local 100 President Roger Toussaint wasn't at either of the two largest rallies: one at the 207th St. subway repair facility in upper Manhattan, the other at the East New York bus depot in Brooklyn.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2009/10/15/2009-10-15_scowls_but_no_slowdowns_in_twu_protest.html#ixzz0U0QzY0Xv

post-1-133288581081_thumb.jpg

post-1-133288581081_thumb.jpg

I listened to my scanner yesterday morning and they were asking bus dispatchers to alert them to any slowdowns with the buses, whether it be pulling out of the depots or while driving their routes. I didn't hear anything out of the ordinary. Things would most certainly be different if a real union like the Teamsters were involved.

I listened to my scanner yesterday morning and they were asking bus dispatchers to alert them to any slowdowns with the buses, whether it be pulling out of the depots or while driving their routes. I didn't hear anything out of the ordinary. Things would most certainly be different if a real union like the Teamsters were involved.
You are breaking the law there. You can't say what you hear. :P

You are breaking the law there. You can't say what you hear. :P

I am fully aware of the scanner laws, as long as I am not posting any names then it is perfectly legit. I am not one of those anti government anarchists out there,lol. I listen to the MTA and NYCT bus channels for learning purposes. Besides they(white shirts)also carry Nextels which is strictly private so I miss out on all of the good stuff. lol

I am fully aware of the scanner laws, as long as I am not posting any names then it is perfectly legit. I am not one of those anti government anarchists out there,lol. I listen to the MTA and NYCT bus channels for learning purposes. Besides they(white shirts)also carry Nextels which is strictly private so I miss out on all of the good stuff. lol

lol

Knowing (MTA), they would let foamers operate the transit system's pax fleet before following common sense and honoring the wage terms.

I can see it all now, anderson cooper pointing out all the different sides of a LIRR train stuck on a non- electrified segment of track, and a bus turned too hard flipped on its side, wolf blitzer making good points about how the shuttle train ran uncoupled and through the connector track and one half hit a (1) train and the other a (6) train. :cool::confused:

- A

Archived