Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Pu3rToRoCk8947

Would the (M) make a nice peak express service on the West End Line during Rush Hours

This may be a dumb idea and i would love to hear some opinions from this,does anybody think a Rush Hour only (M) peak express service on the (D) West End Line be a good idea?

I guess with the extra local service the (M) provides the (D) during Rush Hours one can assume an express service could be offered at these hours.

What are the pros and cons on this subject?

It would absolutely not be a good idea. Ever seen the (M) during the rush hour in Bkln? It isn't exactly jam packed to begin with. Eliminate the majority of West End stops and you eliminate any purpose to even having it on the West End. It would also make no sense to have it express since it is a local in every other respect including the Montague Tunnel and 4 Av Line and does not even go thru to Stilwell.

The (D) would also serve no purpose as an express other than to help those living at 9 Av, 62 St, and Bay Pkwy a faster a trip while cutting service in half else at local stops which are just as highly used.

I can't see any pros to the idea.

It would absolutely not be a good idea. Ever seen the (M) during the rush hour in Bkln? It isn't exactly jam packed to begin with. Eliminate the majority of West End stops and you eliminate any purpose to even having it on the West End. It would also make no sense to have it express since it is a local in every other respect including the Montague Tunnel and 4 Av Line and does not even go thru to Stilwell.

The (D) would also serve no purpose as an express other than to help those living at 9 Av, 62 St, and Bay Pkwy a faster a trip while cutting service in half else at local stops which are just as highly used.

I can't see any pros to the idea.

Seeing that West End isn't really that crowded espically on the (M) I wouldn't advise express service there (yet)...

...if anything make the (D) express instead of the (M)

The M is an 8-car train and not as frequent as the D train. If anything keep the D as the local. The M, as a supplemental line, can be the express as not many will probably use the express other than riders east of 62nd St.

There's no need for a West End Express, I see local stations used a lot more than express ones. The (M) is fine the way it is.

The M is an 8-car train and not as frequent as the D train. If anything keep the D as the local. The M, as a supplemental line, can be the express as not many will probably use the express other than riders east of 62nd St.

That's the thing, the only people benefiting will be those at only 2 stops, while everyone else has has longer waits for more crowded trains. I also don't always prefer express over local, at least not anymore. At one time I would almost always transfer to an express to go wherever it was I was going until I realized that in many cases I wasn't saving any time, and I was sometimes on a more crowded and slower moving express train, while locals passed. This isn't always the case, but sometimes it is.