The B via West End Exp

Nature

I was on a R68A (:P From dekalb av going over the west end (D) i also saw a R160 (D) just before bay pkway i think the # was 98xx testing or not idk i saw it was a (D) though.

But the (B) went from dekalb all the way to coney island

via the exp i didnt take pics of it going exp but i took it when it was at coney island going a round trip from the west end to coney back to manhattan via the brighton line.

IMG00030.jpg

IMG00021.jpg

IMG00022.jpg

Nice pics. the look on those ppls faces is really funny!

and I heard that R160 (D) at 36 St BX bound today!! I couldnt get pics either because it was on the other side and I misssed the train! But theres defidently an R160 on the (D) and its the (N)ancy crew!!!

Look here: http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13756

and I just realized something,98** is a Jamaica car......very intresting. Maybe they gave CI one set for the (D)?

I hope it was just testing or the D was short a train for some reason. I don't think there's a point for the D to have an R160 as it is fine with an all R68 fleet.

IAWTP. Concourse isn't too keen on getting R160s anytime soon.

I hope it was just testing or the D was short a train for some reason. I don't think there's a point for the D to have an R160 as it is fine with an all R68 fleet.

nope,it wasnt testing,I heard it at 36 St BX bound.

since the weekend,theres been an R160 on the (D)

Interesting, thanks.

No prob!

It is very intresting! What may be happening is that CI might want all its (D) to be R160,but the R160 that was on the (D) today was 98**,which is a Jamaica set,the R160 that was seen on the (D) on the weekend was 89**,which is a CI set,so this means theres 2 R160 sets on the (D),and whats making it even more intresting is that one is a Jamaica set!. So im assuming Jamaica gave up one of its sets to CI for the (D)?

That wouldn't suprise me as it would minimize the 'strain' across the board by borrowing from two yards than just one.

The 2/5 borrowed R142/A's from the 4/6 when the R142's had to go to the shops a few years ago. And the 4 in turn borrowed some R62A's from the 1 and the 7 lines.

wow,but Jamaica YD is no where near CI YD and has nothing to do with the (D)! Maybe they arent borrowing,but actually keping it!

yea, dont let that fool u. i thought the same thing about the (E)(F) and now the entire (E) line is 100% R160s, and half the (F) line is R160's. so dont be suprised if u see an R160 (D) train. eventually the MTA is gonna do some changes with the cars.

Archived