Long Island Bus

jailor74

I have been considering relocating to Long Island to be closer to family and I wanted to know if anyone had any information regarding the hiring process for Long Island Bus. I had heard that they only hire part-time. Is that true and if it is do they promote to full-time after probation? Any information anyone can provide would be appreciated. Thank you!

I have been considering relocating to Long Island to be closer to family and I wanted to know if anyone had any information regarding the hiring process for Long Island Bus. I had heard that they only hire part-time. Is that true and if it is do they promote to full-time after probation? Any information anyone can provide would be appreciated. Thank you!

I used to work for L.i bus a few years ago as a mechanic and at the time you worked part time driving there small buses and then got promoted to full time with the big buses, maybe its changed.

It's the same...they can hire you for part-time on their paratransit buses or for their revenue service(Larger commercial) buses. Starts at 14.75 for both but only paratransit gets raises....With that being said there's room to move up if the oppourtnity presents itself which is good....I hope they call me back...I applied and interview late sept.

Archived