(2)(3)(5) Ideas

r40s 4501

WPR can hardly handle trains now. Can you imagine during rush hr with a (3) terminating at E180th?

Depends on how many (3) trains run in the Bronx, during rush hours sending them to 238 St would be better though.

The line can handle a few (3) trains, remember 2001-2002? (3) had 2 trains to/from 238/241 Sts rush hours, 4 (3) trains early AM rush, late evening/ late night to/from E 180 St.

2002-2003 4 (3) trains left E 180 St early AM rush in service

(2) 241st Street,bronx-Flatbush Avenue,Brooklyn all time

(3)Some go to 149th Street – Grand Concourse or 180 st via express stop

(5)Dyre Avenue in Eastchester, the Bronx and Flatbush Avenue in Midwood, Brooklyn, operating local in the Bronx and express in Manhattan and Brooklyn. During rush hours in the peak direction, 5 trains operate express in the Bronx and also operates between Nereid Avenue in the Bronx and Flatbush Avenue. Evening and weekend service terminates at Bowling Green in Manhattan instead of Brooklyn. Late night service operates only in the Bronx between Dyre Avenue and East 180th Street, with (2) and (4) trains replacing the 5 in the rest of the Bronx, and in Manhattan and Brooklyn.

<5>241st Street or East 180th Street to Atlantic Avenue. During rush hours, they were extended to Utica Avenue.

I was afraid to go near this thread...now i know why....

The ONLY thing i would remotely THINK of changing on these lines is (3) to 14th St late nights. But thats not even really needed. The one change they made on the (5) I really like. Let's leave it at that....

(2) already runs from Wakefield to Flatbush all times. What are you thinking??

It could handle a few extra 3 trains because the 2 was running local and was being stretched thin while the 3 was shortened to only 14th St. Now that service is normal again, that arguement can not be made in favor of extending the 3 north.

Leave the 3 as is.

In 2002-2003 S/B (3) trains did run from E 180 St to New Lots Avenue around 5:45-6:42am. Every other (3) train originated from either 148 St or E 180 St at this time

Archived