(N)(Q)(R)(W) Ideas

r40s 4501

Wow I wasn't sure if I was the only one who was thinking about this. Yeah there was discussion about (R) to Forest Hills all times. I wonder what happened to that. Maybe the (E) and (N) perform well enough late nights that the (R) doesnt need the extension after all. I'd like to see it myself

No, you're not by yourself. But remember that the (E) often travels by itself at night because the (G) is often truncated back to Court Square. So it's only the (E) local and (F) express by itself at night. But it's always best to have one or two locals and one express at night; the (1) used to be local by itself but the (2) jumped in in 1999 because of longer dwell times at the local stops. Then the (3) jumped in mainly because of the issue with shuttle service at night during summer or winter months, but night express service on Seventh Avenue was the smartest thing the MTA did. But I think the (N) could use some help at night, I really don't see why not.

Didn't you ride the shuttle the last time you were out in Bay Ridge?

Yeah. I wish I could have stayed on it the whole way through. I kinda stand neutral on the issue because I dont travel late nights often, especially from there. The (1) and (4) all times usually do the trick if I am out that late.

Archived