Pick Your Best Transit Photo - One (1) Photo only

Zman

Quite a few of you have taken numerous photos of trains, buses, and other transit types over the years.

What I would like to see is what you consider to be your best transit photo ever. Post it here and give a little description of what it is and why you consider it to be your pièce de résistance, or your best ever in layman's terms.

There's only one rule to follow: POST ONLY ONE PHOTO! It can be from any country, any city (New York too), anywhere.

Here's mine, which I recently took. It is a photo of the signal mast at the Gambetta station on the Paris Métro #3 line. I just love how all the different colors just blended together to make a very nice photo for a little $149 point and shoot camera.

P.S. I hope that I chose the proper forum for this post.

PhotosdeParisetLondres202.jpg

Edited by Zman

I've posted this one before but this is one of my favorites I've ever taken because of the time of day, and the sky color which almost matches the LED. It's a simple shot, but it has a cool feel to it to me, very laid back end of the work day kind of feel:

33c5650.jpg

Wow, each one of you has posted an impressive photo!

Y2 - the combined dusk and slow shutter speed just made for an excellent photo. The quality of the camera doesn't hurt either! ;)

Trainfan - the pic of the train is nice, but it's the tangled weave of overhead wires and steel that makes that photo.

lrg - if there wasn't a visible background in that pic, I would've sworn that it was taken out in a field somewhere. The weeds give it a little extra oomph.

KR - good photo of a train going two ways at once, plus there aren't too many 68A's over there any more.

R160 - excellent optical illusion! Not only did you get a good headlight twinkle, but the photo makes the circle (6) look like it's only one car long!

Subway - wow, that sky doesn't even look like a sky! That's a nice, rustic photo.

This particular one, that I haven't posted anywhere yet. It shows perfectly how 2 things are very much special to me. Of course the city background, and the LI locos. I feel that the railroad is much more important to me, rather than city transit. Of course it's only my preference. N'joy! :tup:

IMG_3218.jpg

Outstanding pics

<Q>25 That was my other shot but with A 68 that was my dilemma choosen it

Y2J your pic is vivid I love seeing the next station :tup:

(M)aniac <6>(6) :tup::tup: I always liked those turn shots right?

Irg it's true looked like you was chillin in your back yard:p

(S)ubway (G)uy hit it right on the nail ,That pic says just that.

(T)(T)(C) very Triboro I like I like:tup:

Backline looks like Rush hour looming nice assemble formation

DSC_1606.jpg

This pic is hot! The essence of grayscale always captures me for some reason. Nice shot for sure!

Irg it's true looked like you was chillin in your back yard:p

Thanks (K)<R> lol, I wish this train was in my backyard....