7th Ave messed up all morning

Matt91

Yes, "so called". Real enthusiasts or at least those with some common sense would understand that train derailments naturally occur due to a number of factors.

IAWTP 100%.....the derailment could have happened if they didn't fix those tracks in months or other factors like you stated!

IAWTP 100%.....the derailment could have happened if they didn't fix those tracks in months or other factors like you stated!

Exactly. Like for example, the track could have been loose, or the ties may have been worn.

Does anyone know the update about this? Or is this going to be a problem for a couple of days? I take the (5) to school so I don't care, but I want to tell my friend since he takes the (2) to school.

It really shouldn't take that long. They could have it done overnight and service would be back to normal in the morning. I only say this because the local and express track between Newkirk Avenue and Cortelyou Road was severed and the local tied in to the express; it took one weekend to do this.

Does anyone know the update about this? Or is this going to be a problem for a couple of days? I take the (5) to school so I don't care, but I want to tell my friend since he takes the (2) to school.

Everything is back to normal.....I took the (3) from Times Square-42nd Street to New Lots Avenue w/o any problems!

Its been done already. I posted a reply early at 6PM around. Othwise RH would be a mess. I cant imagine how the (1) was during the 181st collapse..

I look at like this....

....Whatever the case was, whatever mans makes WILL FAIL. Man puts a 3 ton train on the rail no more then 3 inches wide, its bound to have an error one day. Same way I see it when a plane crashes. What goes up must come down. Even if it was a broken rail, it cant be NTT trains fault. If a R62 went over it instead of that R142 at the exact moment then ppl would be saying "well if the r62 were not made KAwasaki then it wouldnt have happened" now its "well the 142 are made by bombardier and thats why it derailed". If the R142s were "really" a problem then they would be derailing on a normal, plain and simple.

Just my 2 cents.

I look at like this....

....Whatever the case was, whatever mans makes WILL FAIL. Man puts a 3 ton train on the rail no more then 3 inches wide, its bound to have an error one day. Same way I see it when a plane crashes. What goes up must come down. Even if it was a broken rail, it cant be NTT trains fault. If a R62 went over it instead of that R142 at the exact moment then ppl would be saying "well if the r62 were not made KAwasaki then it wouldnt have happened" now its "well the 142 are made by bombardier and thats why it derailed". If the R142s were "really" a problem then they would be derailing on a normal, plain and simple.

Just my 2 cents.

Great post. That made me laugh because it was SO TRUE. "Drama kids" will do anything for a story these days, even if it's as simple as, say, the rail spreading - BLAME THE EQUIPMENT DAMMIT! And make sure to show off superior knowledge of car data sheets by naming the car manufacturer in the process! Extra points for naming the propulsion system, saying why you like the way it sounds (and imitating the noise it makes by typing with your keyboard while you make the noise in your home)!

/massive sarcasm (have to add this so none here will take the 2nd part of this post seriously...)

Agreed. And I see the (MTA) is keeping this under wraps, haven't seen one news story yet. Was there any tunnel damage?

it was on NY1 as early as around 2pm. thats how found out. heres the update from ther website as of 6:29pm:

"The Metropolitan Transportation Authority has restored service on the 2 and 3 subway lines following a derailment Monday morning.

Officials say a Brooklyn-bound 2 train jumped the tracks at Park Place Station just before 9:30 a.m.

All passengers evacuated safely, and no injuries were reported.

The MTA is still investigating the cause."

It was a (2) train that was reported derailed. The type of railcar statistically doesnt cause a derailment. its usually the track conditions.

I look at like this....

Just my 2 cents.

Great post.

I look at like this....

Just my 2 cents.

The best post I've read on this thread yet.

Just got another e-mail from the MTA, more G.O.s due to this, as expected:

12:01 AM to 5 AM

Wed, Oct 21 and Thu, Oct 22

2 trains run in two sections:

- Between 241 and Chambers Sts

- Between Chambers St and Flatbush Av Transfer at Chambers St to continue your trip.

Note: Trains run every 30 minutes between Chambers St and Flatbush Av during this time.

Why wouldn't they just have the (5) run into Brooklyn at night during this time instead of splitting (2) service? Would late night riders really bicker that much because the East Side would temporarily be inaccessible to them?

The (N) train that derailed at 57th St. was over a year ago. But sadly the NTT's are to blame here; there was a press release a few months ago about how the (MTA) was having problems with the NTT's new "jump off track if rail is not in correct position" feature which the older cars didn't have.

Really?

sarcasm.jpg

Archived