Your Favorite And Least Favorite LI Bus and Suffolk Transit Routes

EE Broadway Local

I've never been on Suffolk Transit

Long Island Bus

Favorite

N15-one of the most reliable LI Bus routes. Scenic route-great views of Long Beach and runs along the LIRR West Hempstead branch. A nice way to travel between HTC and Roosevelt Field

N6-too crowded and slow but for better or worst it always comes

Least Favorites

N4-runs in bunches. One bus may be crowded while the one behind it is empty. Runs infrequently on weekends.

N24-a perennial joke. Hourly Sunday service is unnacceptable

LI Bus:

Favorites: N15, N81, N79, N20, N23

Least Favorites: N27 (crowded, lots of day laborers), N22 (crowded, unreliable, too infrequent in rush hours), N25 (very slow thru NHP and crowded), N87/88 (CROWDED!), N35 (always late, bunched up, too many long lights heading n thru westbury)

Suffolk Transit:

Favorites: S62, S54, 5A (scenic backroads), S71, S66 (Moriches on east), S90 (although infrequent, very scenic)

Least Favorites: S92 (very crowded, unreliable, loads of day laborers), 3D (crowded, day laborers, serves the BrentBarrio area), S58 (lots of trashy people esp Coram), 10C (too infrequent!), S66 (between Patchogue and Mastic Shirley), and pretty much anything that goes through BrentBarrio and Central American Islip...

I've never been on Suffolk Transit

Long Island Bus

Favorite

N15-one of the most reliable LI Bus routes. Scenic route-great views of Long Beach and runs along the LIRR West Hempstead branch. A nice way to travel between HTC and Roosevelt Field

N6-too crowded and slow but for better or worst it always comes

Least Favorites

N4-runs in bunches. One bus may be crowded while the one behind it is empty. Runs infrequently on weekends.

N24-a perennial joke. Hourly Sunday service is unnacceptable

The N24 on weekdays though runs more frequently than the N22. I always see one empty N24 after another coming into RF in the evening while a jam packed N22 to Hicksville comes once in a blue moon.

These 20-30 min rush hour headways dont cut it on a bus that serves Eww Cassel, one of the most downtrodden areas in Nassau.

To rate my home route (N78/79):

Half-hourly weekday service, hourly weekend service. If you think hourly is bad enough, then how about only one AM westbound Sunday trip!

Ridership is low to acceptable, at least in my part of the route (east of Hicksville LIRR).

Weekday rush hours, usually all seats filled or 1-2 standing passengers. For some reason, the reverse peak buses are more crowded than the peak direction.

Weekends is usually only 5-8 passengers a bus.

Usually on-time.

The good thing about is that if the school bus is too late or too crowded (it can be SRO some days), I can just walk to the N79, and it's close to my house too.

Nassau:

- favorite LIB route: The N79, although it runs so few & far between.....

- Least favorites: any LIB route that serves Jamaica & Flushing....

Suffolk:

- favorite SCT routes: S40, S54, S62, S66

- least favorites: the 3D (not for the reason that JohnQPine states), the S71, the S1 (why ppl. rave over this route so much, I don't know), & anything out of LIRR Ronkonkoma....

• 2 months later...
LI Bus:

Favorites: N15, N81, N79, N20, N23

Least Favorites: N27 (crowded, lots of day laborers), N22 (crowded, unreliable, too infrequent in rush hours), N25 (very slow thru NHP and crowded), N87/88 (CROWDED!), N35 (always late, bunched up, too many long lights heading n thru westbury)

Suffolk Transit:

Favorites: S62, S54, 5A (scenic backroads), S71, S66 (Moriches on east), S90 (although infrequent, very scenic)

Least Favorites: S92 (very crowded, unreliable, loads of day laborers), 3D (crowded, day laborers, serves the BrentBarrio area), S58 (lots of trashy people esp Coram), 10C (too infrequent!), S66 (between Patchogue and Mastic Shirley), and pretty much anything that goes through BrentBarrio and Central American Islip...

i agree with you that people from Coarm are, what you say Trashy, but since i lived in Central Islip for a few years ago, i certainly know that not everyone is from Central America and that people do work hard.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived