Question about (D) Concourse Exp stop

mark1447

I was wondering, has the (MTA) ever thought of adding 2 island platforms in the past at 161st Street or around instead after 145th Street the next stop would be West/ Tremont Ave for the (D)? [Vise-versa]

I means thats like the only line after Manhattan which the next stop would be the Bronx like 6 stops after 145th/St. Nicholas, making the (:) take over. Similar to the (F) which after 21st Street would be Roosevelt, tho my questions not reflecting to the (F) btw.

Do you mean make 161st St/Yankee Stadium an express stop? Is the demand there? I heard that sometimes when a Yankee game is going on, they cancel the express anyway. I'd say no personally, but I really can't answer for Concourse Riders. Do they want both trains there?

Obviously cost issues aside, I do think it would be nice to have the express and local both stop there so at least they can better handle the crowds. Yes I know they have a layup track like at 167th, but I have always thought 161st should've been made an express stop for transfers to the 4 and to handle Yankees Stadium crowds.

Do you mean make 161st St/Yankee Stadium an express stop? Is the demand there? I heard that sometimes when a Yankee game is going on, they cancel the express anyway. I'd say no personally, but I really can't answer for Concourse Riders. Do they want both trains there?

The express actually isn't canceled; it makes an additional stop at 161 St when the Yankees are in town.

Since this involves switching from exp to lcl past 155 St, and again from lcl to exp past 167 St, it kills the run considerably IMHO.

Of course, I'd prefer trains skip 161 anyway and have the Yankee fans take the local like everyone else desiring local stops, but it doesn't look like that'll happen. Notwithstanding, reconfiguring 161 as an express station with island plats wouldn't hurt (aside from great inconveniences during construction) since it's the busiest stop in the Bronx.

The express actually isn't canceled; it makes an additional stop at 161 St when the Yankees are in town.

Since this involves switching from exp to lcl past 155 St, and again from lcl to exp past 167 St, it kills the run considerably IMHO.

Of course, I'd prefer trains skip 161 anyway and have the Yankee fans take the local like everyone else desiring local stops, but it doesn't look like that'll happen. Notwithstanding, reconfiguring 161 as an express station with island plats wouldn't hurt (aside from great inconveniences during construction) since it's the busiest stop in the Bronx.

well that sucks, id prefer 161st become an exp and local station, instead of the (D) doing that..

Does the (D) skip 167 or just stop?

nah the (D) continues to run express in the bronx during rush hours, but when the yankee games are on, it crosses from the express tracks on to the local track to make that 161 St Stop, then crosses back onto the express tracks to continue to 205 St....(sometimes it stops at both 161 and 167, then goes express again.)

nah the (D) continues to run express in the bronx during rush hours, but when the yankee games are on, it crosses from the express tracks on to the local track to make that 161 St Stop, then crosses back onto the express tracks to continue to 205 St....(sometimes it stops at both 161 and 167, then goes express again.)

there is no junction north of 161st, 167th yes..

there is no junction north of 161st, 167th yes..

yea i kno but some trains dont always stop at 167. first time i took it like that, it went from 145 to 161, then on local track skipping 167, then to tremont.

2nd time i took it, it went from 145 to 161, then 167, then exp to tremont.

Archived