NJCL fatality earlier.

metsfan

Even if one "trespasses," they should at least be aware when is a good time to do so and avoid any incoming trains. Whenever I use the Gladstone Branch as a half mile shortcut to school, I always wait for the Gladstone-bound train to go first before I venture to avoid the situation where the train comes behind me. If the train comes in front of me, then at least I'll know when to escape the ROW.

R44,

DO NOT TRESPASS!

The last thing a crew wants is to hit someone and just being on the ROW is cause for alarm they then have to report you then every train through the area has to come through at restricted speed. So please stay off the ROW.

Kaback9, I time myself correctly every time and go immediately after the train in my direction leaves. Since the Gladstone Branch is only a single track with passing sidings, the next train that comes in the opposite direction won't arrive in another half an hour. On the other hand, it takes me less than 15 minutes to get from Lyons station to my school.

Kaback9, I time myself correctly every time and go immediately after the train in my direction leaves. Since the Gladstone Branch is only a single track with passing sidings, the next train that comes in the opposite direction won't arrive in another half an hour. On the other hand, it takes me less than 15 minutes to get from Lyons station to my school.

I don't care your still trespassing do you know about the extra move or track inspection vehicle coming up behind you? No, don't Trespass.

I don't care your still trespassing do you know about the extra move or track inspection vehicle coming up behind you? No, don't Trespass.

100% agreement.

Brandon has been railfanning longer than i have, and he & i know the rules for railfanning. One of the rules, is you don't break the law, including trespass. You also don't enter the ROW unless it's A: your job and that's what you are doing for work that day for rail company contractor etc and have explicit permission etc, or B: instructed to by train crew when evacuating a train. The second one is very rare, and i doubt you're a railroad employee, so stick to the areas out of the ROW when you're railfanning or just trying to "save a few minutes".

Would you rather take a few minutes longer, or not get there? Come on dude, you're not invincible and i don't wanna hear some news story about some kid on the tracks or something. There are all ready enough NIMBY and uneducated people who are scared of trains, we don't need to toss a log onto their fire.

If our words are somehow failing to register as reaching out to you in alarm, maybe some pictures will help. They are graphic, so if you got a queasy stomach, turn to the next thread or close the page.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

p4.jpg

thai_jihad_10.jpg

p6.jpg

Hope you get the magnitude of trespassing on a ROW.

- A

I was taking the 3:12 Hoboken Express to Newark when i heard about it. When will people learn? The fence and gates are there for a reason. By the way it's not a pleasent sight seeing a body bag on the platform at South Amboy and a bloody front of a ALP-46. We passed the affected area. So sad.

According to the related info, one was struck & splattered all over the place, and one glanced off and would have fallen with another person (or more) but the girder caught him. According to investigation, the girder crushed his ribcage from the force of the impact. The bodies were moved shortly after the photo was taken.

- A

I was taking the 3:12 Hoboken Express to Newark when i heard about it. When will people learn? The fence and gates are there for a reason. By the way it's not a pleasent sight seeing a body bag on the platform at South Amboy and a bloody front of a ALP-46. We passed the affected area. So sad.

I have had that experience before and its not fun, I have also been on a train that hit someone, its not fun.

Archived