Suozzi: Keep orange stripe on Orion V's, but we're giving you less

JohnQPine

Not to sure Nassau own the NGs cause MTA Bus placed an order for 45 CNG NGs to be split between CP and SC and it's a expanded order from the LIB NGs. I think that would make them MTA purchased vehicles.

Actually, with respect to that, that is only allocated between MTA Bus and NYCT. On the MTA website, there are no procurements for Long Island Bus. The Capital Plan also completely excludes Long Island Bus; the MTA's responsibilities for that are setting fares, schedules, and actually operating the buses.

Actually, with respect to that, that is only allocated between MTA Bus and NYCT. On the MTA website, there are no procurements for Long Island Bus. The Capital Plan also completely excludes Long Island Bus; the MTA's responsibilities for that are setting fares, schedules, and actually operating the buses.

Thats the problem, LI Bus should be included in the capitol program.

MTA should outright run and own everything, that's the only way LIB will get up to par with the rest of the system.

Now if you included Suffolk Bus, then maybe it would be a different ballgame! I think if I'm not mistaken, MTA wants to acquire Suffolk Bus, and put it into its own division! Suffolk, and Nassau fund their own bus as Suffolk contracts with 5 bus companies (EBT, Intercounty, CBS, Suffolk, Hampton Jitney/Sunrise) as Nassau contracts with the MTA for theirs (Formerly MSBA before unified MTA namings).

Thats the problem, LI Bus should be included in the capitol program.

MTA should outright run and own everything, that's the only way LIB will get up to par with the rest of the system.

Yes True But I dont Think MTA Should own all of LIB Nassau should have something to do with it as well,But In the future it will get better for MTA LIB i look forward to it i have plans;)

Now if you included Suffolk Bus, then maybe it would be a different ballgame! I think if I'm not mistaken, MTA wants to acquire Suffolk Bus, and put it into its own division! Suffolk, and Nassau fund their own bus as Suffolk contracts with 5 bus companies (EBT, Intercounty, CBS, Suffolk, Hampton Jitney/Sunrise) as Nassau contracts with the MTA for theirs (Formerly MSBA before unified MTA namings).

So it'd be called MTA Suffolk Bus? That makes no sense, it'd more likely become part of LI Bus. MTA has enough going on right now and should focus on fixing Nassau before going to Suffolk or Westchester.

Westchester will prob come before Suffolk anyway, the problem with Suffolk is that if the MTA takes over the private companies have other operations and the MTA will need a new depot. Liberty Lines Transit only operates Bee-Line so it'd be much easier to take them over.

For now LIB needs to improve service frequency during rush hours and make the buses more appealing to the general public, instead of just day laborers and students.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived