M-8 Discussion

St Louis Car 09

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Its amazing that the Japanese(Kawasaki) and the canadians(Bombardier) know our habits so well.How they know we like to eat and drink on the go by putting cupholders in the cockpit LOL.

America is slowly losing its status as a superpower. Americans don't invent or build anything anymore...

Back to the topic, here's a MTA press release (with a few pics) about the M8:

http://mta.info/news/stories/?story=15

Not sure what CBTC is, but the 2nd set of cab signals is for Amtraks ACSES or whatever the initials are...

for proposed service over amtrak rails thru the bronx and queens to Penn Sta?

The M8 is like Serena Williams-sexy body but an ugly face

LMAO!!!! So true! But in Serena's case, im glad theres something called "doggiestyle"!! LOL

it could be for both. ESA will open up slots at Penn that MNR stated they might want for service from The NH and the Hudson lines

FYI: For anyone who doesn't know what ACSES stands for, it's Advanced Civil Speed Enforcement System.

Now this may have been answered already somewhere else, but since all of the NEC will eventually upgrade to ACSES, is the LIRR planning on converting as well? And do the M-7's already have provisions for ACSES, or will they have to be retrofitted? I imagine that the M-9's will have ACSES installed on them when they are eventually delivered several years from now.

FYI: For anyone who doesn't know what ACSES stands for, it's Advanced Civil Speed Enforcement System.

Now this may have been answered already somewhere else, but since all of the NEC will eventually upgrade to ACSES, is the LIRR planning on converting as well? And do the M-7's already have provisions for ACSES, or will they have to be retrofitted? I imagine that the M-9's will have ACSES installed on them when they are eventually delivered several years from now.

Won't the M9s just be upgraded M7s?

No, the M7's do not have ACSES capabilities. The M7's will not run on the New Haven for obvious reasons(no third rail on the NH). So no need for M7's to have ACSES. From what I hear now, MNR currently has no plans to install ACSES on the Hudson or Harlem lines.

No, the M7's do not have ACSES capabilities. The M7's will not run on the New Haven for obvious reasons(no third rail on the NH). So no need for M7's to have ACSES. From what I hear now, MNR currently has no plans to install ACSES on the Hudson or Harlem lines.

What type of signalling does Amtrak employ when it runs to Albany via the Hudson Line? Manual block? I thought they used ACSES on that route already, which would be why the MNR M7's would be converted.

• 2 weeks later...