Transit Police are out and not playing.

MichaelEspinal

Some cops don't really care...I was on an (F) train last week and a lady walked between the cars as it was entering Ditmas Avenue. I thought the cop was going to approach her but he got off instead.

Did this happen around the middle or end of the month?

Some cops don't really care...I was on an (F) train last week and a lady walked between the cars as it was entering Ditmas Avenue. I thought the cop was going to approach her but he got off instead.

Well if she continues to do it she is taking a chance. Simple as that. Not like the cop has a sign on his back that says "doesn't care if you walk between cars" - sooner or later she will get caught and have to pay if she keeps doing it so better not to.

I refused to comply until he showed proper Identification that he in fact was in officer

That sounds like defiance to me. Don't know how they do it in Florida but in NYC you don't refuse to comply when an officer gives you an order. That's probably why he brought over the others for assistance in the first place.

That sounds like defiance to me. Don't know how they do it in Florida but in NYC you don't refuse to comply when an officer gives you an order. That's probably why he brought over the others for assistance in the first place.

Are we deciding to not read this week?, In Florida, officer's show both Badge and ID, when asked for it. Again ---> How do I know he was another one of 6 million people in the city that can buy a badge and pretend to be an officer?, and if you want to be technical he brought the others over to show that he was an officer instead of pulling his I.D out, which is completely fine with me, as long as I know your a real cop and not some dope with a badge then I'll follow instructions, I have no warrants and I've committed no criminal offense so there wasn't any reason for me to be rude or walk away.

Well this isn't Florida. Not to sound rude or anything. But the way you said it made it sound like you refused an order he gave you; which is an act of defiance. So my reading is pretty good I'd say. Seems you need to clarify your story better. If it worked out it worked out and you can consider yourself a lucky man.

But if you refuse to comply with an order given to you by an officer they have the right to take further action. There's nothing wrong with wanting verification of the identity of a real officer if he's in plain clothes but I don't think you understand that by "Refusing to comply" you could escalate the situation into something far worst for yourself. He could have been wearing a chicken suit. If he shows you a badge your first assumption should be that you're dealing with a real cop and to act as such. I did not get the impression reading your first post that this is what you did.

Well this isn't Florida. Not to sound rude or anything. But the way you said it made it sound like you refused an order he gave you; which is an act of defiance. So my reading is pretty good I'd say. Seems you need to clarify your story better. If it worked out it worked out and you can consider yourself a lucky man.

But if you refuse to comply with an order given to you by an officer they have the right to take further action. There's nothing wrong with wanting verification of the identity of a real officer if he's in plain clothes but I don't think you understand that by "Refusing to comply" you could escalate the situation into something far worst for yourself. He could have been wearing a chicken suit. If he shows you a badge your first assumption should be that you're dealing with a real cop and to act as such. I did not get the impression this is what you did.

I'm aware

transit cops are f@gs.. Useless tools.. I see them sitting around in plain clothes playing on their phones text messaging in their undercover car and then they go upstairs to bust a little kid whos jumping the turnstile but when you are getting raped n mugged they are no where to be found. LIke roaches

transit cops are f@gs.. Useless tools.. I see them sitting around in plain clothes playing on their phones text messaging in their undercover car and then they go upstairs to bust a little kid whos jumping the turnstile but when you are getting raped n mugged they are no where to be found. LIke roaches

Only when that nut case is holding a knife to your throat that you want that $42,000.00 civil servant with the gun and when he shows upu, you want him to shoot the bastard that is holding your life in your hands, Oh yeah they are jerks alright.

Only when that nut case is holding a knife to your throat that you want that $42,000.00 civil servant with the gun and when he shows upu, you want him to shoot the bastard that is holding your life in your hands, Oh yeah they are jerks alright.

yeah right, thats not the real world, the real world is the cops show up after the crime as a "cleanup crew"

Ok I've read this whole thread and I think I came up with 2 solutions...

1. Install those things they have between the cars on the LIRR) on the c/o ends (SMEE) and on all the B cars (NTT, R44-R68)so it would be safe to walk through.

2. If they wanna make a big deal about it, just lock all the doors so nobody can walk through. Its done on the 75 footers (although for another reason) but it encourages people not to do it.

I would choose the latter cuz they complain about people walking through the cars yet they're unlocked. Just lock them

I remember going from car to car without worrying about anything. It seems today we have too many rules and new laws that we didn't have a few years ago. I think the city is taking the fun out of life with stupid rules and laws such as going from car to car. I know they are looking for safety reason, but if you cross from car to car and get hurt, your injury should be punishment alone. I remember going from car to car on the old subway trains.

It gets silly, cops are never around when you really need them, and when they're around they're nothing but ball breakers. I was railfanning the (J) a couple years ago and en route to Bowery a cop poked me in the back with his baton and I turned around. I wasn't irate, I asked him "what's the problem?" and he thought I passed off as a mental case because I was looking out the railfan window holding on to the door handle and he's getting the impression that I'm trying to pry the door open. Then he tells me to get off at Bowery and then the idiots that they are, they think I had a problem.Again, more abuse to the railfans! I had to wait 15 minutes for another train and Igot to where I was heading late.

Sometimes, it seems as if the city is hiring anyone to do civil service jobs. No wonder I see so many shady police officers. At least I haven't encountered one that stopped me taking a picture of something as simple as a numberplate with my cell phone cam. I was at Coney Island last month and I was taking pictures of R160 numberplates and I saw a few cops on the platform who didn't say a thing, not to mention that the terminal has a precinct.

Did this happen around the middle or end of the month?

Notice that I said "last week". :)

It's got nothing to do with "increasing security", it's directly related to getting their numbers up. Quotas.

So him walking between cars when there are signs posted NOT TO is making a quota ?

Civilians are so naive sometimes I wish this was a militarization country lets see how fast you tell a MP some quota nonsense.

As for the original poster I wouldn't bother fighting it there are signs posted in the cars as well as on some of the boards with the subway maps that tell you the transit violations. That is what the judge is gonna tell you I worked for NYPD for a year and a half and that's whats gonna happen if you goto court. Your also gonna pay a court fee too if you lose the case so it maybe like $125.00 altogether. I was never an undercover but I do know you have a right to ask if you feel unsafe to ask for ID. I also know that if your getting pulled over by a unmarked car that you can proceed to a safe area and pull over example is like pulling into a gas station just let the officer know why you continued after he put his lights and siren on.

Archived