Transit Police are out and not playing.

MichaelEspinal

So him walking between cars when there are signs posted NOT TO is making a quota ?

Civilians are so naive sometimes I wish this was a militarization country lets see how fast you tell a MP some quota nonsense.

There's plenty of real crime to fight in this city. I guess you don't get the PBA magazine anymore...they just had a piece a few months back about the realities of quotas. Aren't you the one who went from NYPD -> NYCTA?

But you did commit a criminal offense; you refused to listen to him, and started making demands of him.

and it's not that I'm not choising to read, it's that you're holding the NYPD to the standard used in florida, when our standard is lower. I grew up around cops, I'm practily the police equivalent to a military brat. His shield is a form of ID. each shield number is unqiue. they're like liscense plates.

Then you should know better then to make a post like that.

Asking an officer for a Police I.D, a PHOTO I.D is not a criminal offense, let me rephrase that : You are not a criminal because you ask an officer for a photo I.D

Simply said, there are many fake license plates.

transit cops are f@gs.. Useless tools.. I see them sitting around in plain clothes playing on their phones text messaging in their undercover car and then they go upstairs to bust a little kid whos jumping the turnstile but when you are getting raped n mugged they are no where to be found. LIke roaches

I didn't make this thread to bash on Transit Police, and as a reminder I have nothing against them. I respect the work they do for us, I think a lot of people should do the same, if your not satisfied with them then don't ride the subway.

yeah right, thats not the real world, the real world is the cops show up after the crime as a "cleanup crew"

Every one bitches and moans about the police and then when stuff goes down, were are they? How come they didn't do this or that?

Did you ever think that we as a group are out of control and commit violence on each other each and every day, even when we flip off the next person that is a murderous heart we are dealing with. So, yes the cops clean-up the mess that we create, but who is to blame the police because they were not there to prevent it or us who should have enough civility and I do hate to use this term, but common sense tor wards each other and property. It is against the law to walk between the trains and it's the police job to make sure that the rules are enforced, no matter how much we think the police are knuckleheads.

WOW, a $75 ticket and 6 PAGES!! Nice Job! Welcome to the Forum..

I don't think you were in the wrong for asking for picture ID. He was plainclothes, but when the uniforms complied with his request for assistiance, I think common sense tells ya he's legit.. Most PD impersonators like the traffic stop, 1 on 1, no witnesses..

As for the actual violation, it really is to lessen (MTA) liability when someone falls between cars. Plus NYC TPD has data showing more than 1/2 of those stopped going between cars had some type of legal issues-illegal items such as drugs/weapons, open warrants, ect.. As for locking the doors on the shorter equipment, the 75 footers end doors can be all unlocked simultaneously from the console in case of an emergency. The 60 foot & under cars cannot. In the event of an emergency, evacuating a train while unlocking the end doors would be virtually impossible, especially if panic broke out..

WOW, a $75 ticket and 6 PAGES!! Nice Job! Welcome to the Forum..

I don't think you were in the wrong for asking for picture ID. He was plainclothes, but when the uniforms complied with his request for assistiance, I think common sense tells ya he's legit.. Most PD impersonators like the traffic stop, 1 on 1, no witnesses..

As for the actual violation, it really is to lessen (MTA) liability when someone falls between cars. Plus NYC TPD has data showing more than 1/2 of those stopped going between cars had some type of legal issues-illegal items such as drugs/weapons, open warrants, ect.. As for locking the doors on the shorter equipment, the 75 footers end doors can be all unlocked simultaneously from the console in case of an emergency. The 60 foot & under cars cannot. In the event of an emergency, evacuating a train while unlocking the end doors would be virtually impossible, especially if panic broke out..

What about the NTTs? Do they have the ability to have the doors locked and unlocked from the console?

The reasons for keeping the doors locked on 75 ft cars is not because of this rule. Those doors have been locked since they first entered service because it's dangerous to walk between 75 ft cars at any time since the anticlimbers don't remain relatively aligned as they do on 60 ft cars. The same was done with the BMT Standards and doors at the slant ends of the R-40s prior to the installation of monkey bars and this was long before any such ban on walking between cars was ever conceived. There would be no reason to keep NTT end doors locked regardless of automatic unlocking since it is safe to walk through in the event of an emergency. It should also be noted that the 75 ft cars were delivered with switches inside so that passengers could unlocked the door in the event of an emergency (which were removed during GOH because of vandalism) and the Standards also had a valve under the seat which unlocked the door for emergency use.

yeah these cops are real useful, harassing people for walking through the trains... its like another T/O said in another thread, they spend most of their time sitting on their ass in the break rooms sleeping or text messaging and when they need to meet their monthly quotas to keep from getting repremanded they go out trying to catch little kids hopping the turnstile or people smoking on platforms or walking through trains.

These guys are pathetic excuses for officers of the law plain and simple. I watched two plainclothes cops arrest this kid for hopping the turnstiile and then one of the cops lights up a cigarette and starts smoking where the token booth is. I guess the rules only apply to us huh? I wouldnt give them the time of day. If they ask for my I D I laugh at them, I know my rights and what I can say to shut their pig mouths up. They cant ask you for ID unless they think you are about to commit a crime or they suspect you have just commited one, otherwise it is an invasion of your privacy. The definition of privacy by law includes the right to be left alone no matter where you are.

yeah these cops are real useful, harassing people for walking through the trains... its like another T/O said in another thread, they spend most of their time sitting on their ass in the break rooms sleeping or text messaging and when they need to meet their monthly quotas to keep from getting repremanded they go out trying to catch little kids hopping the turnstile or people smoking on platforms or walking through trains.

These guys are pathetic excuses for officers of the law plain and simple. I watched two plainclothes cops arrest this kid for hopping the turnstiile and then one of the cops lights up a cigarette and starts smoking where the token booth is. I guess the rules only apply to us huh? I wouldnt give them the time of day. If they ask for my I D I laugh at them, I know my rights and what I can say to shut their pig mouths up. They cant ask you for ID unless they think you are about to commit a crime or they suspect you have just commited one, otherwise it is an invasion of your privacy. The definition of privacy by law includes the right to be left alone no matter where you are.

Have you ever been stopped by the police before? And would you still talk to a cop with an attitude like that? I'm not saying anyone's right or wrong, but an attitude like that, you are inviting trouble.

Also they should be catching the kids hopping the turnstile, those kids are probably nothing but trouble.

Have you ever been stopped by the police before? And would you still talk to a cop with an attitude like that? I'm not saying anyone's right or wrong, but an attitude like that, you are inviting trouble.

Also they should be catching the kids hopping the turnstile, those kids are probably nothing but trouble.

Ive been stopped plenty of time by police since I grew up in NYC. Ive made friends with people and also learned alot about the law and how to tell the police to piss off without getting put in handcuffs. I wont even see the inside of a precinct. If it ever went that far I would make one phone call and the S@$t would hit the fan.

Ok then, so long as you know what you are doing.

The cops wonder why they dont get much respect from the public. Respect is earned, not given. If they acted appropriatly and do their jobs by the book, people wouldnt have much animosity towards them especially in NYC.

I don't know about some of you, but every time i've had to deal with the cops it's been a pretty straightforward and pleasant experience. If you act like a perp, you'll be treated like a perp.

Exactly, i was stopped twice, but I didn't act hostile towards them. And after a few words to clear things up, nothing came out of it and I was on my way.

The cops wonder why they dont get much respect from the public. Respect is earned, not given. If they acted appropriatly and do their jobs by the book, people wouldnt have much animosity towards them especially in NYC.

Well i can't speak for those bad apples, but a few cops do not represent the enitre force. Obviously it's a case by case basis. You have your honest and then you have the lazy/corrupt ones. I can't really call all cops good or bad based on the actions of a select few.

Really? There's no lock cylinder or anything behind those keyholes?

The R142/R160's I know do not have locks other then on the cab doors and the storm doors. They do have a key hole on the inside only, it would not make any scene for them to lock if you can open the door from the out side. As for the R143, I'm not too sure if they have locks on the B end door and both end door on the B cars.

I don't know about some of you, but every time i've had to deal with the cops it's been a pretty straightforward and pleasant experience. If you act like a perp, you'll be treated like a perp.

And like I said in my original post, after he (used the other officers to) show me he was in fact an officer, it was pretty pleasant and straight forward. They asked me the usual questions, were I'm from etc. When I explained I was from Florida they politely explained to me the rules about walking in between cars, and even while waiting for an officer to show up with some sort of machine that checks I.D's, we sat inside the warm station discussing the Giants vs. Saints game that was going on that day, after I received the ticket I shook hands with the undercover officer and we joked about his new shoes.

If you act like a perp, you'll be treated like a perp.

Archived