The top ten most annoying things in the Subway

MattTrain

My turn;

- For those who do no move as I am exiting the train, after saying excuse me I just push them out of my way and leave without a care in the world.

- If there is room in the car I speak up and tell people to move inside the center of the car. Since i look like a police officer they oblige as I am pushing in the car.

- For the FATF**KS who try to squeeze into half a seat when they clearly take up two, I just embarrass them by saying do you want to sit on my lap because you're not fitting in there. Usually works.

- Tourists if i tell you directions and you don't listen and get lost while I am around, I just rub it in and ridicule your stupid a**.

- I will admit I was a bada** when younger but those days were A LOT different than now. I see much worse stuff now.

- Railfan not that important now since I've been on the subway many years more than few of you here. Not That Serious.

- Railfans who are so obsessed who sound and act like they just sit and jerko** to a train. Go out and have a social life. Know the joy of sex and a social life PLEASE!

- Those who have bags: the last time i got hit in the face as I got up to get off the train. Before I left, I told my friend told the door as I punched the guy out and told him "next time put the bag down it might not hurt as much then".

- Flash pictures on the trains, I love asking those fools do you really need more light?

- Lateness and GOs are inevitable, so for those who complain suck it up and deal with it! No need to be a naggy, whiny brat about it. Grow up!

- Tons of people trying exit as you are trying to get into the system. I just love pushing them out of my way. Sometimes folding a few in half.

- As you change cars you have the fool leaning on the door, so I knock the window and scare the snot out of him and as I close the door behind me, I tell him that the sign says not to lean on the door. Usually guys, women are a bit more sensible.

- Definitely, the idiots who never hold on to a handrail while the train is moving because they are scared of germs so the fall all over the place and step or fall on you. I usually tell them Hold on to the rails thats what they are there for and if you are scared of germs, thats what soap is for genius.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  1. Passenger not letting people off train first.
  2. Mother with stroller standing by door.
  3. Cyclists bring their bike during rush hour.
  4. Tourist and people who cannot make up their mind at station, and exit before door closed.
  5. Some illegal musician playing music on subway cars.
  6. Passenger slamming car door as they goes from car to car.
  7. Passenger holding door for someone who's dashing to catch train (this happen at 72nd St on uptown (1) when it was skipping 96th St.
  8. Baseball fans drinking alcoholic beverage illegaly by covering it up in brown bag.
  9. Mixed of loud talking, cell phone, loud cell ring tone, babies crying, teenager talking in outdoor voice, well as some kids playing games too loud as well.
  10. Using bad language in subway.

why you single out the Baseball fans for?I've seen other people do that out in the street and on trains?

The only annoying thing I could come up with are the people who walk so damn slow in front of you....when you pass them they get mad or they give you the evil eye...like really.

ALL y'all got it twisted! This the main ten damn things the subway riders suffer that are annoying...

1. R160's FINDs are always broken.

2. Express train running local and Locals running express.

3. Wacky G.O.s like the (:P running on the (A) line.

4. Panhandlers that suck at grabbing your attention and get mad when you don't drop nuthin in their hat.

5. Teenage couples getting freaky in the middle of rush hour.

6. A conductor whose having a bad day and announces, "This s**t is Nostand Avenue. Watch your f**king step and don't hold the damn doors please."

7. The (Z) Train.

8. The long ass walk from 6th Avenue on the (L) to the (1)(2)(3).Or From the (7) to the (A)(C)(E).

9. People who use the train a private strip club after midnight.

and the number one most cultural annoyance in the subway is...

The R44s.

ALL y'all got it twisted! This the main ten damn things the subway riders suffer that are annoying...

3. Wacky G.O.s like the (;) running on the (A) line.

4. Panhandlers that suck at grabbing your attention and get mad when you don't drop nuthin in their hat.

6. A conductor whose having a bad day and announces, "This s**t is Nostand Avenue. Watch your f**king step and don't hold the damn doors please."

7. The (Z) Train.

8. The long ass walk from 6th Avenue on the (L) to the (1)(2)(3).Or From the (7) to the (A)(C)(E).

The R44s.

Lmao!!! I agree with all of these, especially the R44 one!!!

20) Probably even more pointless is people wandering halfway across the street so that the bus operator notices them. B/Os are supposed to notice people at stops, and may have to stop to let people off there anyway, and at most a slight raised arm might indicate you request the bus to stop.

Right on the money! I get ppl everyday that run damn near in the middle of the road the to flag me down. When they get on im like I am trained to notice you at a bus stop, if your not at a bus stop then thats a different story. The funny thing is some of them ppl are normals which urks me.

7. The (Z) Train.

The R44s.

#9) Could you let us what train the strip club is happening? Not that I would ever go and see it, but I have heard stories and I wonder why these ladies would want to take thier clothes off in a subway car, but I like I said, I myself would not go out & search for this, so you were about to tell us what train this happens on?

7. The (Z) Train.

The R44s.

Whoa!Whoa!Whoa! The R44`s is one of the coolest cars around.I take offense to that:mad:

Whoa!Whoa!Whoa! The R44`s is one of the coolest cars around.I take offense to that:mad:

Heyhey, it's the opinion of that person ;)

#10: Panhandlers. "Yeah thanks for the song, but I still ain't givin' money. Ever hear of the economy?"

#9: People who hold the door. "I have somewhere to get to, now in or out!"

#8: People who smoke in the train. "Ok, this would not bother me at any other time, but you're RIGHT NEXT TO ME"

#7: People (especially tourists) who complain about the subway. "Thank you for that needless rant, now if you don't like it, go get a car!"

#6: Preachers. "Stop trying to shove religion down my throat"

#5: People who talk EXTREMELY loud. "Yeah, okay. I'm on the other side of the bloody train, I should NOT be able to hear your conversation clearly"

#4: Obnoxious schoolkids. "Thanks for pulling the emergency brake. I really needed to be late."

#3: People who bring (non-service animal) DOGS into the subway. "Yeah, I don't think people who are allergic to dogs would want to six next to your poodle"

#2: People who dance on the train. "This is NOT a dancing studio"!

#1: People who play music really loud. "Yeah, I'm 15 feet away, I don't need to hear what you're playing"

I agree with number 8. I hate that crap. Conductors have actually done number 6? Man I want to hear that. LOL My bf told me one time on the last stop of a train, a conductor announced for everyone to wake up, this is the last stop.

1. The loud obnoxious kids.

2. People whose cards don't work, and they're allowed to ride for free.

3. People not paying for their kids, and let them sit down.

4. The loud music or phone conversations.

5. People spreading their legs out to make more room.

6. The rude transit employees.

7. Rude people pushing.

8. The last minute schedule changes, or if a train stops, and the conductor waits like 15 minutes before announcing the problem.

9. The beggars.

10. People holding the door open.

I agree with number 8. I hate that crap. Conductors have actually done number 6? Man I want to hear that. LOL My bf told me one time on the last stop of a train, a conductor announced for everyone to wake up, this is the last stop.

I agree as well with number 8. It would be nice if they had a train that stopped right below those stations. You may as well add 5th Av-42nd from the 7 to the B/D/F/V lines. That's a pain to walk, not as bad as the other two, but they really should've made the 7 line stop under 6th Av than at 5th Av.

I don't think any c/rs have used profanity on the trains I've been on. There was one time when the 6 still had redbirds some a$$e$ probably broke into a cab and started cursing on the PA. I never knew if those people were caught or not.

1. The loud obnoxious kids.

2. People whose cards don't work, and they're allowed to ride for free.

3. People not paying for their kids, and let them sit down.

4. The loud music or phone conversations.

5. People spreading their legs out to make more room.

6. The rude transit employees.

7. Rude people pushing.

8. The last minute schedule changes, or if a train stops, and the conductor waits like 15 minutes before announcing the problem.

9. The beggars.

10. People holding the door open.

I am assuming that 2 and 3 apply to buses. Three children (nominally under 44cm tall, but I guess you cannot measure them before they are allowed on) are allowed to ride free with each paying adult. I know it is unfortunate that they end up taking up the seats, but I think you should be somewhat more considerate. (I often give up my seat on the subway to children or to parents carrying a child).

As for cards not working, that is definitely a problem with the card reader. I would never board a bus with an expired Unlimited MetroCard, and if my pay-per-ride doesn't have enough funds on it, I would pay the balance in change. I know that some others might not be so scrupulous, but I believe most riders have a conscience and would not look for a free ride. The card reader, however, frequently, misreads my card and produces a "Read Error"/"Insert Card Again" message. I have always been waved away and told to take a seat by the B/O when that happens, so I am assuming its a known issue. In any case, it happens mostly with Unlimited MetroCards, and since I have already paid $89 for unlimited travel in a month, it matters little whether my card is read accurately every time or not. I believe the people you saw had similar problems and were not getting a free ride.

Archived