Baseball caps

MattTrain

Does anyone enjoy wearing and showing off their favorite baseball caps? I'm going to display some just for examples.

New York Mets

MetPatch.jpg

New York Yankees

YankeePatch.jpg

Pittsburgh Pirates

BlackP.jpg

Atlanta Braves

Braves.jpg

Milwaulkee Brewers

Brewer.jpg

Chicago Cubs

Cubs.jpg

Oakland Athletics

GreenA.jpg

Cleveland Indians

Indian.jpg

Florida Marlins

Marlins.jpg

Colorado Rockies

PICT0083.jpg

Los Angeles Dodgers

PICT0091.jpg

Chicago White Sox

PICT0093.jpg

What do you think?

I bet someone likes baseball caps as much as I do.

I like them all :tup:!

Thank you very much.

I thought you were a Mets fan Matt. I only wear Mets caps.

Julio, the Mets are my number #1 team to cheer on. I ended up buying other team's caps because the stores I went to didn't have different schemes of the Mets caps.

Slammin collection-- I know a Yankee fan who HATES the Mets who collects hats, and he has a Boston hat and not a Met hat.

Thanks, oh a Yankee fan who buys a Red Sox cap, and hates the Mets, how funny.

Damn dude! You not only have Baseball but Basketbal!!

Mets one I love the best :P But overhall excellent collection!

I bet one day these will be worth something!

Thanks, Mark. Yeah, a Knicks cap is lying around in the background. As long as I don't sweat on these caps or make stains on them, they'll have value to them. I don't intend on reselling these though.

This isn't my entire collection, I have some more to show later...

Yes...

I have quite a collection of Baseball caps (emphasis on Baseball)... I don't have any team cap from any other sport.... Anyway, a large part of my collection are Yankee fitted's... I would not be caught DEAD with a met cap on ;)...

Aside from that, I'm very specific on what colors I collect.... I only fux w/ blue's, gray's, and black's (or any combination w/i)... that's it... I have about 150 total caps (I'd say 80 of them are Yankee's)... all my caps are in good condition... and... that's about it...

Unless there's something someone would like to ask....

===============================================

spots I frequent for my collection:

- there's a spot in my own neighborhood (East Flatbush), ON church av (between Flatbush & E. 21st st).... I don't mess w/ them too much anymore since they do try to rip you off.... that, and like 85% of what they carry are Mets & Yankee caps... not much variety as far as different teams go....

- there's a spot over there by the allerton av train station up in the bronx (yeah, it's under the el on WPR)... those spanish cats are cool as hell...

- there a spot up in Washington Hgts. (I think it's 184th, & st. nicholas {or 183rd}; not too far from GWB bus terminal).. the place is ON St nicholas... only thing I don't like about the place is that they carry way too many of the smaller sizes (for me, that's anything less than a 7.5)

- Inside Palisades Mall on the 3rd floor... I always forget the name of the place, but the Asians that work at the place are very friendly & look to give you discounts if you buy in bulk...

- oh, and of course, every Lid's I come across whenever I'm shopping (for w/e), fanning, etc etc....

anyone have any other places I should check out for some more fitted's, let me know....

I also forgot to mention, none of the caps I have, are the "standard" colors of the team(s)....

If I see one more person w/ a Yankee w/ that BIG *** logo on the side, I think I'm goin hurl.... Nothing screams FAKE like them things...

'gardless of that, Dude even has the throwback Brewers... and that picture of the Rockies hat, brought back memories... as a kid, the first baseball jersey I had was the purple Rockies jersey, w/ the hat to match (even though it was the "snap" caps; I was like 12 or 13, still in junior high school.... think it was the same year the rockies came out IINM.... I outgrew the jersey, but I lost the cap....

Some collection bro... Keep building on that.

and GC, if that post was directed @ me, I only wear fitted's... I don't know of any man that still wear the "snaps"... you'll get women that wear em so that their ponytail can still stick out, but that's few & far between an occurrence these days.... the shorties that rock fitted's, they'll tuck their flowing hair around the cap so that the fitted is lookin proper on them - and like 95% of those chicks are latina's ;)

Nice Mets cap, Chris. It looks cool.

Yes...

I have quite a collection of Baseball caps (emphasis on Baseball)... I don't have any team cap from any other sport.... Anyway, a large part of my collection are Yankee fitted's... I would not be caught DEAD with a met cap on ;)...

Aside from that, I'm very specific on what colors I collect.... I only fux w/ blue's, gray's, and black's (or any combination w/i)... that's it... I have about 150 total caps (I'd say 80 of them are Yankee's)... all my caps are in good condition... and... that's about it...

Unless there's something someone would like to ask....

===============================================

spots I frequent for my collection:

- there's a spot in my own neighborhood (East Flatbush), ON church av (between Flatbush & E. 21st st).... I don't mess w/ them too much anymore since they do try to rip you off.... that, and like 85% of what they carry are Mets & Yankee caps... not much variety as far as different teams go....

- there's a spot over there by the allerton av train station up in the bronx (yeah, it's under the el on WPR)... those spanish cats are cool as hell...

- there a spot up in Washington Hgts. (I think it's 184th, & st. nicholas {or 183rd}; not too far from GWB bus terminal).. the place is ON St nicholas... only thing I don't like about the place is that they carry way too many of the smaller sizes (for me, that's anything less than a 7.5)

- Inside Palisades Mall on the 3rd floor... I always forget the name of the place, but the Asians that work at the place are very friendly & look to give you discounts if you buy in bulk...

- oh, and of course, every Lid's I come across whenever I'm shopping (for w/e), fanning, etc etc....

anyone have any other places I should check out for some more fitted's, let me know....

You should go try out the Manhattan Mall at 34th Street, any Lids store you can find, and Kings Plaza in Brooklyn.

Nice collection! Btw are all of them custom fitted or the ones you can adjust the size?

All of my caps I have displayed are fitted. I do buy some adjustable ones occasionally and they're slightly cheaper than the fitted ones.

Cool, you must have some deep pockets to buy so many fitted ones ;)

This isn't an everyday hobby considering how pricey these caps are. My suggestion for buying fitted ones is go for the discounts or look for sales (if available) and go for those. Adjustables are just as good. It all depends on which type of baseball cap you are comfortable with.

- If you can find a fitted nowadays that's less than $15, that's an absolute steal.

- I expect to pay at least $20 for one...

- Anything more than $25 (before & after tax) is a ripoff, I don't care if it the logo on the front is in 3D w/ rhinestones all around the cap... haha...

That's true. For me I'd stick with the adjustable ones. At least I won't worry about the cap not fitting me on a certain day or such.

That's why you always buy one size bigger than your actual/exact cap size....

w/o my 'fro, I can get into a 7 3/8... w/ a fro, I can get into a 7 1/2...

like 95% of my collection are 7 1/2's... Only time I get 7 3/8th are if the caps are rather rare, and they don't have anymore 7 1/2's in stock....

...and I never order caps (or any other type of clothing, sneakers, etc.) online... If I can't try em on in person, forget about it. ;)

I hate it when people who obviously aren't baseball fans wear caps simply because it matches what they're wearing. The most popular cap is the Oakland A's cap since green and yellow goes with everything. Runner up is the Cincinatti Red's hat. The only baseball cap I'll ever wear is the blue and white Yankee cap.

I hate it when people who obviously aren't baseball fans wear caps simply because it matches what they're wearing. The most popular cap is the Oakland A's cap since green and yellow goes with everything. Runner up is the Cincinnati Red's hat. The only baseball cap I'll ever wear is the blue and white Yankee cap.

I know that can annoy you, however I see people wear baseball caps just to wear what it matches the clothing they wear. Is it okay to have it match with the jersey or a team's shirt, oh yeah. How can you tell if they're baseball fans or not? Did you ask?

What I don't like about the way some wear their fitted caps is that the cap looks too loose on them like the crown of the cap goes past their ears. I'm like "Why are you buying fitted caps that are way too big your size?"

I collect caps because I like the team's logos, and not just to match what I'm wearing. The patched ones add a special meaning to them.

Though I am a Yankees fan, I also like the Washington Nationals cap (also worn by the 1969-1971 Washington Senators) and the Brooklyn Dodgers cap.

I also like the Yankees classic home pinstripe uniform.

The Nationals cap looks cool, I find it ironic they still have fans despite their sub-par season.

Archived