R160B (R) Train

Luis1985

Last Night i was on my way to Bay Ridge last night to go clubbing with my cousins, my subway ride came out to be like this:

At Parkside Av, Manhattan-bound (Q) (R160B) to DeKalb Av

At DeKalb Av, Coney Island-bound (N) (R160B) to 59 St

At 59 St, i waited for an R46 (R) train to pull in, IT NEVER SHOWED UP. 5 (N) trains passed and NO SIGN of the (R) train pulling in. What happens?...

the R46 (R) train was STUCK in the switch at 36 St. I was planning on taking a cab when there was an announcement saying that the next (N) train was going to 95 St. But...

instead of the (N) pulling in, it was the R160B (R) train instead. the sign said "R BAY RIDGE-95 ST", "R SHUTTLE". Im guessing it was an (N) train before, then they changed the signs to (R) because the conductor said "ladies and gentlemen, this (N) train will make all (R) stops to 95 St. Customers who needs service over the Sea Beach Line, must transfer at this station to the next Coney Island-bound (N).

so i got on that R160B (R) train and headed to 86 St. from there, i partied all night long.

You're right, judging from the announcement it was an (N) train going via the (R) line.

yup. and not only that, the train was based out of the coney island yard. the car # i took was 9016 (i think thats what it was, but it was an (N) before, then was changed to an (R).)

Things really have to get FUBAR before an (N) is sent to 95 St. Since this happened on a weekend with a shuttle GO, there would be no other ®s coming from Manhattan. Under normal circumstances, if there is enough of a gap in (R) service, a (W) may be sent to Brooklyn as an (R), which would more than likely be an R-160.

Things really have to get FUBAR before an (N) is sent to 95 St. Since this happened on a weekend with a shuttle GO, there would be no other ®s coming from Manhattan. Under normal circumstances, if there is enough of a gap in (R) service, a (W) may be sent to Brooklyn as an (R), which would more than likely be an R-160.

Yessir has happened to me before a few times waiting for a 95 Street bound (R) train around 6 pm during an afternoon Rush Hour at 36 Street,(W) comes in place and always an R160B.

Yessir has happened to me before a few times waiting for a 95 Street bound (R) train around 6 pm during an afternoon Rush Hour at 36 Street,(W) comes in place and always an R160B.

exactly, except the actual sign said (R). i was surprised to see that.

Archived