Outstanding certification, now not?

Jersey 316

I took the 2085 Train Operator exam, my list # is 3101. When I call Dcas a week ago I was on outstanding certification list, the cert list # was 2762. I call this week the cert list # was 3300. I am no longer on outstanding cert list. Does this mean thet skip me?

I took the 2085 Train Operator exam, my list # is 3101. When I call Dcas a week ago I was on outstanding certification list, the cert list # was 2762. I call this week the cert list # was 3300. I am no longer on outstanding cert list. Does this mean thet skip me?

Unfortunately it would seem that way. But don't take DCAS automated phone system as the final result. You should contact DCAS and speak to a live person or call up transit and see what's going on. But with a list number as high as your's you may not ever get called. The list may be closing soon and the last T/O exam was just given this year so you may be out of luck this time around. Did you happen to take the T/O exam this year, or any other transit related exams?

for the thousandth time, it MAY expire October 2010. the LATEST it can expire, according to civil service law is October 2010. those of us who took the test in June are hoping it expires as soon as the new promotional list comes out. it all depends on what the (MTA) decides to do

I called MTA this morning, and they told me that all outsanding certification means is that you name has been sent from DCAS to them to use. The T/O list has been at 2064 for some time now, she doesn't know when it will move again. I heard a rumor the other day from one of my mates from school car that the promotional list should be out in Dec. I don't know how true it is, I only got 3 wrong on that test.

I called MTA this morning, and they told me that all outsanding certification means is that you name has been sent from DCAS to them to use. The T/O list has been at 2064 for some time now, she doesn't know when it will move again. I heard a rumor the other day from one of my mates from school car that the promotional list should be out in Dec. I don't know how true it is, I only got 3 wrong on that test.[/QUO

what`s there number i wanna call and find out and speak with 1 of there reps

Jersey,

Its BS. There is no way the promotional list will come out in december. A new list cannot be created until the old list has expired. Since exam 2085 has another year to go till expiration the promotional cannot be released,. The Promotional list will come out in October 2010. Sorry.

that is a false statement. im on cell phone posting this but when i get home im going to post the link AGAIN that says a list can stay current for a MAXIMUM of 4 years, bu that when a new list is certified, the old one must be terminated. but theres no law that says they have to certify the new list as soon as they grade our tests so its completely up to the mta. maybe theyve never done it before but this time there will be an enormous gap from possibly december to next october where they will have a new list justy sitting there rotting. conductors and all others waiting for this promotion will be pissed if they see their name on a list and they dont touch it until october

I called MTA this morning, and they told me that all outsanding certification means is that you name has been sent from DCAS to them to use. The T/O list has been at 2064 for some time now, she doesn't know when it will move again. I heard a rumor the other day from one of my mates from school car that the promotional list should be out in Dec. I don't know how true it is, I only got 3 wrong on that test.

Jersey,

Its BS. There is no way the promotional list will come out in december. A new list cannot be created until the old list has expired. Since exam 2085 has another year to go till expiration the promotional cannot be released,. The Promotional list will come out in October 2010. Sorry.

I heard that from some C/R's who are on the promo T/O list. A TSS did say December they will start calling off that new promo list. A few weeks ago, some from 2085 who were yard posting said, "with 2085, their class and the one behind theirs, were the last classes to be called off that list. 2085 is done"................

Archived