Staten Island

jacsnyy

Hey guys,

I was looking at the TTMG site, and I am a bit confused about what's going on or planned to be going on for the SI Division. Are there going to be 4 functioning depots in SI starting in '10 (Yukon, Charleston, Castleton and Meridth?) and where does Meridith fit into this equation. Thanks for any info; being outside the city, I am unable to check on it on my own.

Is Meredith going to be a functional depot [maintain the buses] or just a 'storage yard'?

Meredith Depot? Never heard of it, only heard of the incoming Charleston. I'll look it up though and see what the deal is with the new depot. Depending on where the new depots will be located, I can make an estimate of what bus lines will be based out of what depots.

Okay, I just checked out the information on the Charleston Depot and it will be on Arthur Kill Road near the Outerbridge Crossing (4700 Arthur Kill Road). nothing on Meredith Depot, however. Here's my guess for the bus routes that may be based out of this depot:

1. S74/84 for sure, because they run on Arthur Kill Road anyway.

2. X22

3. X17 (may be a split route between Charleston and Yukon because it has a terminal by Eltingville Transit Center, and buses that lay over there are Yukon Buses.)

4. X19

5. S59/89 (could be another candidate for split service between Yukon and Charleston).

6. S78

7. S55 (because it goes to the Correctional Facility and buses can drive from Charleston and start there, but could be another candidate for a Yukon and Charleston split).

There may be more for sure, but because these buses run within the vicinity of the new depot, they may very well end up there.

Furthermore, I found where Meredith Avenue is in Staten Island: it's a short block near The West Shore Expressway. I'm certain that the S62/92 and the S46/96 will be based out of here.

Okay, I just checked out the information on the Charleston Depot and it will be on Arthur Kill Road near the Outerbridge Crossing (4700 Arthur Kill Road). nothing on Meredith Depot, however. Here's my guess for the bus routes that may be based out of this depot:

1. S74/84 for sure, because they run on Arthur Kill Road anyway.

2. X22

3. X17 (may be a split route between Charleston and Yukon because it has a terminal by Eltingville Transit Center, and buses that lay over there are Yukon Buses.)

4. X19

5. S59/89 (could be another candidate for split service between Yukon and Charleston).

6. S78

7. S55 (because it goes to the Correctional Facility and buses can drive from Charleston and start there, but could be another candidate for a Yukon and Charleston split).

There may be more for sure, but because these buses run within the vicinity of the new depot, they may very well end up there.

Furthermore, I found where Meredith Avenue is in Staten Island: it's a short block near The West Shore Expressway. I'm certain that the S62/92 and the S46/96 will be based out of here.

merdith ave that`s the old chocolate factory were they made chocolate candy they moved to south ave. about merdith i heard it`s gonna be express only from other drivers meaning closed saturday and sunday rush hours only.

merdith ave that`s the old chocolate factory were they made chocolate candy they moved to south ave. about merdith i heard it`s gonna be express only from other drivers meaning closed saturday and sunday rush hours only.

I checked the TTMG roster list, and that would be correct. The X12, X15, X17, X19, X31 and X42 will go to Meredith Avenue, although it would make sense to have the S62/92 and S46/96 go there as well since their southern terminals are close by the depots (The X12, X31 and X42 looks like it will be split between Meredith and Charleston, however, the X17 and X19 could see service in all four depots! At least that's what it looks like).

I was right about the S55 being split between Yukon and Charleston though. It seems like the S74 and S84 may see something similar like that as well. Basically put, a lot of routes appear as if they could be split between two depots.

yea meredith depot is getting a few buses nd routes soon to come in 2010 . nd another depot called the " Mother Clara Hale Bus Depot is closed for reconstruction

Hale was already a depot (located about 1 block from the 148 st (3) train station) but its closed for now. That's why Amsterdam is reopened. And that brings up another question...what will happen to Amsterdam when Hale reopens?

Preliminary depot assignments for Charleston Depot prior to 2010. This is subject to change

S55, S56, S74, S78, S84, X1, X2, X3, X4, X5, X6, X7, X8, X9, X17, X19, X22, X23, X24

Preliminary depot assignments for Meredith Avenue Depot prior to 2010. This is subject to change

X12, X15, X17, X19, X31, X42

Hale was already a depot (located about 1 block from the 148 st (3) train station) but its closed for now. That's why Amsterdam is reopened. And that brings up another question...what will happen to Amsterdam when Hale reopens?

I would think that the routes that were once there would diverge back into MCH. But lets just wait and see.

Is Meredith going to be a functional depot [maintain the buses] or just a 'storage yard'?

from what i heard, Meredith Av Depot is only gonna be for certain express routes.

P.S. X23 and X24 (originally operated by Atlantic Express) will be operated by MTA NYC Bus and will run out of Charleston Depot.

Archived