Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
aplatonova

Staten Island Railway Fare

hi everyone. I am taking SIRR to go to St George, but i don't need to take a ferry as i need to get to Bay st (next to St George train station). Is there any way out to the street level that will not require to sipe a metro card? otherwise can I get out and don't pay a fare? It's weird to pay because the rail road is free when you ride inside the island and the way you have to pay is when you transfer to ferry. But i don't have to take a ferry. Just a train. any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

If they've installed new fare turnstiles at Tompskinville, you will have to get off at Stapleton and walk to St. George, otherwise you must swipe to get off at St. George/Tompskinville.

They haven't put the fare into effect at Tompkinsville yet. Riders are going to find another way to get to Saint George if they don't want to pay getting off. May I suggest you getting a bike to speed the time up from Stapleton to Saint George?