Bus Operator Exam 8006

Locomotion69

Oh ok.. I got a little scared there..

They haven't reached into the #600's yet. No worries.

Once they get approval for more classes after the August 15th one then you

will get the notice in the mail. Unfortunately there are just a few people from

the 8006 list on this forum. And they are the ones who can keep us updated.

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They haven't reached into the #600's yet. No worries.

Once they get approval for more classes after the August 15th one then you

will get the notice in the mail. Unfortunately there are just a few people from

the 8006 list on this forum. And they are the ones who can keep us updated.

it will be this week or next they are still giving notices to come down for the drug test for 8006 i guess they want to keep the list moving for the next class after aug 15.some people before had been tested 2-3 times before they got called for final processing.i dont know why they dont wait till they are ready but it seems to be moving very good now so im happy about this just hope i and others dont have to go back and forth like others before we get hired for the next class but when i get the letter soon ill be very happy and also sleep a lot better

what do you mean by the last number was 678? Was that the last number called? Im 632 and i have not received anything yet. Should i be concerned?
read my posts my freind said when he was there was 578 he asked a few people but get ready your next soon to pee in the cup

it will be this week or next they are still giving notices to come down for the drug test for 8006 i guess they want to keep the list moving for the next class after aug 15.some people before had been tested 2-3 times before they got called for final processing.i dont know why they dont wait till they are ready but it seems to be moving very good now so im happy about this just hope i and others dont have to go back and forth like others before we get hired for the next class but when i get the letter soon ill be very happy and also sleep a lot better

Just learned something new:mad:--some of us have had to take the drug test more than once before getting called for the medical. Also that there's a class forming August 15th. I did the drug test back on July 7th. Any of you guys and gals that were there that day for drug test get called yet for the medical? :confused: Is the notice for medical a phone call or a letter?:cool::tup:

Just learned something new:mad:--some of us have had to take the drug test more than once before getting called for the medical. Also that there's a class forming August 15th. I did the drug test back on July 7th. Any of you guys and gals that were there that day for drug test get called yet for the medical? :confused: Is the notice for medical a phone call or a letter?:cool::tup:

Phone call for the medical, some have taken it 4 times already which is ridiculous.

Like Acela said previously, there are a lot of incompetent people down there at 180 Livingston St.

Like Acela said previously, there are a lot of incompetent people down there at 180 Livingston St.

When I said that, I was talking about some of the applicants. lol

The actual employees there are were OK and straight forward.

I did the drug test back on July 7th. Any of you guys and gals that were there that day for drug test get called yet for the medical? Is the notice for medical a phone call or a letter?

If you follow through my #5025 thread (which should be a few threads down on the first page of this forum), you'll see my follow-ups on my progress for hiring thus far. I was called down for drug testing on 7/5/11; BOSS on 7/12; second drug test (because I was bumped from the 8/1 class) on 7/19; then finally a phone call for medical / final processing on 7/25, and hired & assigned to the 8/15 class, which is 13 days from now.

But, as Locomotion69 stated - drug testing 4 times is ridiculous.

Best of you luck to you, guy.

It,s a phone call the reason you are asked to put your phone number on top of the letter you received to report for drug test. As far as to report for medical hears my chronological report. Exam 8006, List# 420,s, 1st drug test March 18,2011, 2nd drug test July 8, 3rd drug test July 20th, Medical July 26th,Put on medical hold, Taken off hold medical hold August 1st, Processed to report on August 15. I hope this useful good luck. One thing to note when I was taken off medical hold and went to human resources and explained I was taken off medical hold the lady at the counter said she had to call to find out if classes for Aug. 15 are still available and then told me their are still openings and if I want to start and I just said yes. I should have asked but I assume their are more classes coming after Aug 15.

It,s a phone call the reason you are asked to put your phone number on top of the letter you received to report for drug test. As far as to report for medical hears my chronological report. Exam 8006, List# 420,s, 1st drug test March 18,2011, 2nd drug test July 8, 3rd drug test July 20th, Medical July 26th,Put on medical hold, Taken off hold medical hold August 1st, Processed to report on August 15. I hope this useful good luck. One thing to note when I was taken off medical hold and went to human resources and explained I was taken off medical hold the lady at the counter said she had to call to find out if classes for Aug. 15 are still available and then told me their are still openings and if I want to start and I just said yes. I should have asked but I assume their are more classes coming after Aug 15.
yes there will be more classes coming up hopefully the next batch ill get called

yes there will be more classes coming up hopefully the next batch ill get called

This is for Sealteam or anyone out there. What do we know about the so called, "1 in 3 rule," and when does it kick in? After the drug test or before? Who knows anybody who has been denied appointment because of this rule? :confused: Thanx!

This is for Sealteam or anyone out there. What do we know about the so called, "1 in 3 rule," and when does it kick in? After the drug test or before? Who knows anybody who has been denied appointment because of this rule? :confused: Thanx!
if i remember right i thought they did away with this rule dept of labor got involed and was done away with this hiring process

if i remember right i thought they did away with this rule dept of labor got involed and was done away with this hiring process

Wrong the 1 in 3 rule is still in effect and they still use it. It's part of nys civil service law .

I myself was a victim of the 1 in 3 rule I was considered but not selected .

This was not for an mta job but the rule is the same . It applies to promotional and oc

Appointments

Wrong the 1 in 3 rule is still in effect and they still use it. It's part of nys civil service law .

I myself was a victim of the 1 in 3 rule I was considered but not selected .

This was not for an mta job but the rule is the same . It applies to promotional and oc

Appointments

Thanks, Primo. :cool: Before you ask, I was just hit with this rule. :confused: What I dont get is why don't I hear more people talking about this. It's a whopping 33 per cent (2,300 candidates) of everybody who took this test 8006 being disqualified!!! From what I see it's no being enforced consistently.:mad:

Thanks, Primo. :cool: Before you ask, I was just hit with this rule. :confused: What I dont get is why don't I hear more people talking about this. It's a whopping 33 per cent (2,300 candidates) of everybody who took this test 8006 being disqualified!!! From what I see it's no being enforced consistently.:mad:

and how do you know you were kiced to the curb bacause of this rule and not because something in ur background or boss answer

I was told one of three is only for promotion and not for enterance

and how do you know you were kiced to the curb bacause of this rule and not because something in ur background or boss answer

others on the job said they did away with this rule then some say no they still use it.im confused here is what i was told only for promotions they look at your work record out of 3 people who has the least used sick days,have been written up,accidents etc,meaning the person with the best work record out of 3 people is gonna get that promotion this is what i was told attendancematters a lot for any promotion

others on the job said they did away with this rule then some say no they still use it.im confused here is what i was told only for promotions they look at your work record out of 3 people who has the least used sick days,have been written up,accidents etc,meaning the person with the best work record out of 3 people is gonna get that promotion this is what i was told attendancematters a lot for any promotion

Exactly...

roadtimes Dont spread rumors that you heard somewhere, but not sure if its true or not.

If we are talking about the first entry into MTA, Your medical and background is all they care about. Promotions are different.

I got a letter saying so. :mad: The letter (in MTA stationery) reads: "You were considered and not selected for Appointment in in accordance with Rule 4.7.1 (C). of the Rules and Regulations of the New York City Personnel Director." This link, http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/html/resources/prr_rule4.shtml

explains what that rule is, namely the "1 in 3 rule."

The letter further says that my "ineligibility is only for [the MTA]. Therefore you can be recertified to [the MTA] only upon that agency's request."

Good luck and thanks to all for your responses so far.;)

Just want to correct myself. ;) the figure 2,300 should be 1,300 (ball park figure). (33 percent of the original 4,000 test takers that passed). Whatever it is, it's a lot.:eek:

I got a letter saying so. :mad: The letter (in MTA stationery) reads: "You were considered and not selected for Appointment in in accordance with Rule 4.7.1 (C). of the Rules and Regulations of the New York City Personnel Director." This link, http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/html/resources/prr_rule4.shtml

explains what that rule is, namely the "1 in 3 rule."

The letter further says that my "ineligibility is only for [the MTA]. Therefore you can be recertified to [the MTA] only upon that agency's request."

Good luck and thanks to all for your responses so far.;)

If you do not mind me asking...what was your list number?

Road is #119, he misinterpreted the letter. False alarm. Been on here for a long time and this is the first time that I ever heard of something like this. And he even stated why nobody else has been talking about this issue.

I hope nobody from the 8006 list got a heart attack after reading his post,:eek:

My list number is 119. Was originally summoned to Livingston street in March but I postponed the appointment, got my name put back on the list and later in July took drug test and handed in application. Early this month got 1 in 3 rejection letter. I waited 3 years for this? :confused: Any ideas to fight this?

My list number is 119. Was originally summoned to Livingston street in March but I postponed the appointment, got my name put back on the list and later in July took drug test and handed in application. Early this month got 1 in 3 rejection letter. I waited 3 years for this? :confused: Any ideas to fight this?[/QUO do you have any criminal charges,accidents,did you pass the drug test ???i dont know who knows maybe they gave you a shot to come down the first time and you did not show there are so many people that want this job maybe its only 1 shot deal now take it when your called or see ya.also 1-3 rule applies for promotion only...not new hires.go down there and ask to speak to someone in chage that knows the answer to your question hope this helps but sorry i dont know why :confused:

Archived