Bus Operator Exam 8006

Locomotion69

My list number is 119. Was originally summoned to Livingston street in March but I postponed the appointment, got my name put back on the list and later in July took drug test and handed in application. Early this month got 1 in 3 rejection letter. I waited 3 years for this? :confused: Any ideas to fight this?

Unfortunately you can not fight this . It is perfectly legal and the mta is well within

Their rights to select whoever they want .

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

roadtimes: check your pm, gave you info of a law firm that deals with

labor and employment issues as well as civil service law.

Something is definitely not right here, and talking to a lawyer is

your best option at this time. They(MTA)might back down if you

litigate. If I were you I most certainly wouldn't take this lying

down, good luck.

There is more baloney on here then in the back of a Boars head

delivery truck, LOL

i got to report next week for orientation and drug test then wait for the phone call for medical and final processing the wait is over im glad for this goodluck to all who got there letter also:)

WoooHoo!! If I am not mistaken you were in the 600-700 range correct?

• 2 weeks later...
Road is #119, he misinterpreted the letter. False alarm. Been on here for a long time and this is the first time that I ever heard of something like this. And he even stated why nobody else has been talking about this issue.

I hope nobody from the 8006 list got a heart attack after reading his post,:eek:

I got the same letter as Road and mines contained the same thing as his. So, we both must have misinterpreted the same thing.

my friend was interviewed 2 years ago then he was waiting for the medical exam. That when they froze everything. He told me last week, he finally able to move forward with the hiring process. Now my friend i am worried which depot is better--jackie gleason or ulmer park? i used to be a brooklyn boy and don't know how the neighborhood change these days.(16 years out of nyc) i remember most bus route and was able to see which depot have the route. To me both depot had 2 bad route in my opinion. any suggestion?:)

my friend was interviewed 2 years ago then he was waiting for the medical exam. That when they froze everything. He told me last week, he finally able to move forward with the hiring process. Now my friend i am worried which depot is better--jackie gleason or ulmer park? i used to be a brooklyn boy and don't know how the neighborhood change these days.(16 years out of nyc) i remember most bus route and was able to see which depot have the route. To me both depot had 2 bad route in my opinion. any suggestion?:)

Your friend was interviewed 2 years ago? so that is from the 5025 list

post that in one of the recent 5025 threads and somebody will answer

your question. Your friend just made it before the 5025 list expiration

date(sometime last month)

i am not sure about that. My friend had a class at the end of the month. warning if you have accident on your record even if not your fault, you will be instructed for more paperwork.

Whew! thank the lord I have always been a cautious driver. I even ordered an abstract of my driving record, clean as a whistle ;)

hi everyone i qualified for line trianing on day 7 today it feel great thanks to all

Congrats peek! keep up the good work.

blaze: prgordo is the only one on the forums who was called

in for the medical, he was put on medical hold and had to go

see his doctor for some tests.

As far as we know there is no class scheduled for this monday(Sept 12).

Maybe fdbguy who is in the driving qualifying process(day 8 today) can

fill us in about an upcoming class.

But that is a good sign that they have sent out pre employment letters

into the #1,100's, highest number that is in the current class is #638.

hi everyone i qualified for line trianing on day 7 today it feel great thanks to all

CONGRATS!!

blaze: prgordo is the only one on the forums who was called

in for the medical, he was put on medical hold and had to go

see his doctor for some tests.

As far as we know there is no class scheduled for this monday(Sept 12).

Maybe fdbguy who is in the driving qualifying process(day 8 today) can

fill us in about an upcoming class.

But that is a good sign that they have sent out pre employment letters

into the #1,100's, highest number that is in the current class is #638.

at least the ball is rolling. Thank you all, you have all been so helpful!

CONGRATS!!

at least the ball is rolling. Thank you all, you have all been so helpful!

Ms Juanita Chestnut is the person to ask about when the next class for

B/O is going to take place. MTA HR-347-643-8231.....Let us know how it

went for you on monday for the drug/lab visit.

The #5025 list has officially expired, so from here on out it's the 8006 list only.

While it's true that they mix in students from mabstoa and mta bus along with NYCT,

those are 2 separate divisions which have no effect on the 8006 list.

They went through about 99.8% of the list so far, leaving about 5 others unaccounted for, according to DCAS.

But those on 5025 seem to still be restoring their names to the list because my class had a few of them, which is why we held seniority over everyone else. Not sure what it's looking like now, but the list is still active for about 6 more weeks. Whoever's on it better get on the roll with restoration or you're basically assed out.

my son just received his letter to come down next week 9/21/11, list number is 1520, is it possible to get hiss cdl permit in one day at the dmv ?:eek:

Yes, he would receive a temporary document that should be valid. However, I noticed that your location states NJ. He is going to need a NYS Class B permit with Passenger endorsement and no Air Brake restriction to make it past the pre-interview.

--

Typically the DMV gives the CDL general knowledge and endorsement test M-F b/w the hours of 8:30 and 12 noon. It cost $10 to take the test (pass or fail) and $12.50 I believe for the permit; all in all about $22-23. Have him take the practice exams that are posted on http://www.cristcdl.com that's where I studied and surprisingly the majority of the questions were exactly the same lol. Nonetheless I wish your son good luck!

Archived