Bus Operator Exam 8006

Locomotion69

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply
good luck.................

I went down 11/22/11 for the drug test...Now Iam waiting for the phone call

have a Happy Thanksgiving Everybody

Thanks guys! Boo bear don't worry you'll get called next week the way things are going. It looked like there was about 30-40 people there but some were also there for Transit property protection. Enjoy your weekend guys, later.

wish you luck but dont get your hopes up like over a thousand of us got a letter say you were not selected they are trashing 8006 to make another exam for more money:mad:

well i didn`t get any letter saying that but if i do i`m a stuburn person i will demand answers out of mta i don`t play any games i`ll ask them some how by calling them and saying y am i not selected and i want an honest answer i payed for this and i demand an answer. but i got a back up plan that is mabstoa i won`t let the mta get away with that.

well i didn`t get any letter saying that but if i do i`m a stuburn person i will demand answers out of mta i don`t play any games i`ll ask them some how by calling them and saying y am i not selected and i want an honest answer i payed for this and i demand an answer. but i got a back up plan that is mabstoa i won`t let the mta get away with that.

i`ll say i don`t wanna hear excuses put me to work 4 u make it happen. trust me i`ll drive the mta crazy if i don`t get what i want.

See Bear? I told ya :P

You said their was people there for TPPA, did any of them happen to tell you their list number if you spoke with any of them. I ask because my fiancée took that exam and her list number is lime 188. I'm going to have her call 180 and find out what number they are up to. They froze hiring for that tilte for more 8 months now.

i`ll say i don`t wanna hear excuses put me to work 4 u make it happen. trust me i`ll drive the mta crazy if i don`t get what i want.

Good luck. Not being on the negative side of things for you or anyone else, but, fact of the matter is, MTA can tell you XYZ, which doesn't have to be the be truth. lol It's like a take it or leave it attitude with the folks there in EMP office.

Good luck. Not being on the negative side of things for you or anyone else, but, fact of the matter is, MTA can tell you XYZ, which doesn't have to be the be truth. lol It's like a take it or leave it attitude with the folks there in EMP office.

as long as i check out good to there standards my health and wheat ever else they need to know

How are people going in for drug test two months after me and they're already getting called for final processing? I just got called today to go down next week to take a survey? I went down back in Sept for the initial step by handing in the paperwork and was told to wait for phone call to go back for testing. This is taking forever. Did anyone else go down to livingston to take a survey?

thanks man called dcas 2386 number last eligible certified.
now this raises a red flag they only had about 275 bus operators hired since 8006 started and there up to 2,386 this is the fastest bus operator list i ever heard of that means others got the same letter as me you where considered but not selected or did not want the job ,did not have license or failed drug test but most got the letter mta is making millions on the bus operator test and only hiring a few its a lottery now.there gonna have another test coming in jan and do the same b.s again this sucks big time:tdown::mad:

now this raises a red flag they only had about 275 bus operators hired since 8006 started and there up to 2,386 this is the fastest bus operator list i ever heard of that means others got the same letter as me you where considered but not selected or did not want the job ,did not have license or failed drug test but most got the letter mta is making millions on the bus operator test and only hiring a few its a lottery now.there gonna have another test coming in jan and do the same b.s again this sucks big time:tdown::mad:

well then sumthing sounds fishy here i don`t know what it is

For the record the last number hired off the 8006 was #1185, there is no

exam next month, only the filing period for the next exam in April, which is

on schedule(every 4 years).

Eligible certified means that the MTA has your info and you will be called in the near future to start the process.

As far as the list moving so fast that is about average for a bus operator list.

They go through a lot of list numbers to get a class filled.

Now about this 1 in 3 rejection letter, is it for just 1 list that you are on

or for all of the transit lists that you are on. I have yet to come across somebody getting that rejection letter

from 2 different lists. Somebody who got that letter from the 8006 thinks it sticks with you, but I disagree

even though I don't have any proof.

You said their was people there for TPPA, did any of them happen to tell you their list number if you spoke with any of them. I ask because my fiancée took that exam and her list number is lime 188. I'm going to have her call 180 and find out what number they are up to. They froze hiring for that tilte for more 8 months now.

No I didn't ask.

Eligible certified means that the MTA has your info and you will be called in the near future to start the process.

As far as the list moving so fast that is about average for a bus operator list.

or for all of the transit lists that you are on. I have yet to come across somebody getting that rejection letter

from 2 different lists. Somebody who got that letter from the 8006 thinks it sticks with you, but I disagree

hi loco they really only hired 275 bus operators from 8006 the number you have is that from dcas they have not updated the list #s yet and they really are in the 2000s list #s something is very wrong here at nycta:mad::tdown:

I'm on the list too. I call every Sunday to get an update, and still hear the same recording. Its said that I'm on an outstanding certification. Why is that?

I'm on the list too. I call every Sunday to get an update, and still hear the same recording. Its said that I'm on an outstanding certification. Why is that?
i know its the same so many of us took the drug test and if it goes past 30 days you most likely get the rejection letter also but you might get lucky its a lottery like i said they had a handfull of classes and only hired 275 people i contacted many officals on what the mta is doing and got nothing back

i know its the same so many of us took the drug test and if it goes past 30 days you most likely get the rejection letter also but you might get lucky its a lottery like i said they had a handfull of classes and only hired 275 people i contacted many officals on what the mta is doing and got nothing back

I haven't got a notice in the mail for a drug test. Just a BOSS exam back in May of 2009 when I had to report to there Brooklyn Offices, but like you said its a luck of the draw. Let's see what happen on the upcoming New Year.

Archived