Bus Operator Exam 8006

Locomotion69

now this raises a red flag they only had about 275 bus operators hired since 8006 started and there up to 2,386 this is the fastest bus operator list i ever heard of that means others got the same letter as me you where considered but not selected or did not want the job ,did not have license or failed drug test but most got the letter mta is making millions on the bus operator test and only hiring a few its a lottery now.there gonna have another test coming in jan and do the same b.s again this sucks big time:tdown::mad:

You said someone at zerega told you this? Alot of people have a hard time believing the MTA would incorporate any fishy business at least temporarily in getting through some lists, but if what your'e saying is true then Transit has over 1000 people on out-cert which might seem a bit excessive, but given all the prerequisites involved, some people wouldnt mind the long wait. Theres another exam coming up soon, they might want to get through this one a bit quicker than usual, let's not kid ourselves and no one there has any real handle on how things are going. You can tell by the way so many people get so many different responses depending on whom they talk to, their automated telephone service is always outdated for long periods of time too.

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You only get life time medical coverage if you become management. So if you become any level of supervision you'll have coverage for life.

Is this limited to just MABSTOA? Because my father is retired from NYCTA and gets lifetime health coverage. I know because, under ObamaCare, I get my health insurance from the MTA until I'm 26.

Is this limited to just MABSTOA? Because my father is retired from NYCTA and gets lifetime health coverage. I know because, under ObamaCare, I get my health insurance from the MTA until I'm 26.

What is it with you? You already told everyone that you lied about your father working in Transit. You said he was the head of some firm. And now suddenly you enjoy residual health insurance from the MTA whom your dad never worked for? What did you lie about lying or something?

You said someone at zerega told you this? Alot of people have a hard time believing the MTA would incorporate any fishy business at least temporarily in getting through some lists, but if what your'e saying is true then Transit has over 1000 people on out-cert which might seem a bit excessive, but given all the prerequisites involved, some people wouldnt mind the long wait. Theres another exam coming up soon, they might want to get through this one a bit quicker than usual, let's not kid ourselves and no one there has any real handle on how things are going. You can tell by the way so many people get so many different responses depending on whom they talk to, their automated telephone service is always outdated for long periods of time too.
im glad we have this forum but many dont know about yes well 2000 on outstanding certfication now that says it all we will never know what happened to them only ones on here i seen a handfull on here got on but its very wrong to reject so many others fully qualied to make money on these exams and dont even tell you why they rejected you but they like to rob our money and not hire the correct way so many subway improvements going on this is funding most of it:mad:

im glad we have this forum but many dont know about yes well 2000 on outstanding certfication now that says it all we will never know what happened to them only ones on here i seen a handfull on here got on but its very wrong to reject so many others fully qualied to make money on these exams and dont even tell you why they rejected you but they like to rob our money and not hire the correct way so many subway improvements going on this is funding most of it:mad:

Hey the city and MTA do it all the time. If they need money, they throw out an exam. They already know they're going to reject at least 40% of candidates. But in your case seal having so many sick problems on probation, is what's keeping them from hiring you. I understand most were not your fault. But TA has had the right to fire employees for excessive sick calls since 2002 regardless if they're covered or not. I just read on the union website about a 28 year veteran C/R fired by an arbitrator for too many call outs. Unfortunately for you, that you had less than the required time on the job to apply for FMLA, because that would've saved you. My advice is take another exam and see what happens in the future or apply with other city agencies is what I advise.

Hey the city and MTA do it all the time. If they need money, they throw out an exam. They already know they're going to reject at least 40% of candidates. But in your case seal having so many sick problems on probation, is what's keeping them from hiring you. I understand most were not your fault. But TA has had the right to fire employees for excessive sick calls since 2002 regardless if they're covered or not. I just read on the union website about a 28 year veteran C/R fired by an arbitrator for too many call outs. Unfortunately for you, that you had less than the required time on the job to apply for FMLA, because that would've saved you. My advice is take another exam and see what happens in the future or apply with other city agencies is what I advise.
yes i know this but taking peoples money in this economy is wrong to the people misleading if not illegal doing what they are doing.as far as my absence on probation i broke my right leg it was not intentional came back leg hurt again so had no choice but to call out came back probation was extended 6 months and a few months later got the flu real BAD after that i was told resign or be terminated so i resigned.only after i heard since i had doctors lines i should have let them terminate me because dept of laBOR WOULD HAVE FINED THEM 10,000 AND WOULD GET MY JOB BACK WITH BACK PAY BUT I WAS TRICKED INTO RESINGING SO THEY COULD NOT HELP.ONLY GIVING OTHERS INSIGHT ON WHAT TO DO IF THEY HAVE THIS PROBLEM AND I KNOW ITS A LOT.ILL SEE HOW MY OTHER 2 POSITIONS GO WITH TRANSIT SHOULD BE CALLED BY SPRING OR SUMMER:(:mad:

The government is making tons of money for all the civil exams. They're offering tests but the hiring freeze is still in effect and these list does come with expiration dates.

But I have no sympathy for those who don't take these exams seriously. I have seen so people go down to Livingston to hand in paperwork and they don't even have their B permit as its stated on the exam announcement.

The government is making tons of money for all the civil exams. They're offering tests but the hiring freeze is still in effect and these list does come with expiration dates.

But I have no sympathy for those who don't take these exams seriously. I have seen so people go down to Livingston to hand in paperwork and they don't even have their B permit as its stated on the exam announcement.

well yea that`s true i`ve heard story's about it a superintendent tells me you know these people that took the bus exam it says must have a b permit and some take it as a joke well i`m ready when i go down there to hand in paper work i have more then what they require it`s a license. yea if there serious about the job i mean really serious then get a license on your own.

oh and i think it should say on transit not transit authority but Tdny

Transit department new york change the name that`s my opinion.

If they went from a Transit Authority to a Department of the city TDNY then they couldn't get away with a lot of BS they already do get away with. And I don't think that move would be good for the employees as well.

If they went from a Transit Authority to a Department of the city TDNY then they couldn't get away with a lot of BS they already do get away with. And I don't think that move would be good for the employees as well.

why won`t it be good for the employees and why won`t transit be able to get away with alot of stuff like they do who will monitor them meaning keeping an eye on them i do ask stupid questions but i don`t know the answer to it i need help on this one

why won`t it be good for the employees and why won`t transit be able to get away with alot of stuff like they do who will monitor them meaning keeping an eye on them i do ask stupid questions but i don`t know the answer to it i need help on this one

Exactly, if they go from being their own authority it means they have to answer to other people besides themselves. And for the employees it would be bad because the city lays off far more often than TA does. Plus to have to be under the rule of bloomberg is a bad move for everyone IMO.

wish you luck but dont get your hopes up like over a thousand of us got a letter say you were not selected they are trashing 8006 to make another exam for more money:mad:[/quote

Good to read your posts again after all this time, Seal. :):tup: I see we still haven't had any luck trying to get answers from Transit about the 1 in 3 rule. :confused: I've written the officials but they ignore me. Only thing I could get was a meeting next week with a cat in the Dept of Labor.

I have a question for you Seal (and anybody else out there who's been monitoring 8006 and the test before that.) Was anybody disqualified with the 1 in 3 rule from the list before 8006??????:)

Good to hear from you roadtimes, there is and edit button if you wish to add more

after you posted, the answer to your question is no, nobody from the prior NYCT B/O list(#5025)

got that letter, at least from this forum.

Seal was hired from that list sometime in 07 if I remember correctly.

Some people point out about his prior employment with transit,ok, but

you never worked for transit right? They hired a guy from the 8006 list

back in April who robbed banks 5 different times, 3 of them armed and

yet they are disqualifying people for no reason.

That is what we all want to know, why only the 8006 list? no other open

competitive transit list has been affected with this issue. That is a shame

that the lawyer that I referred you to told you that you couldn't fight it.

Good to hear from you roadtimes, there is and edit button if you wish to add more

after you posted, the answer to your question is no, nobody from the prior NYCT B/O list(#5025)

got that letter, at least from this forum.

Seal was hired from that list sometime in 07 if I remember correctly.

Some people point out about his prior employment with transit,ok, but

you never worked for transit right? They hired a guy from the 8006 list

back in April who robbed banks 5 different times, 3 of them armed and

yet they are disqualifying people for no reason.

That is what we all want to know, why only the 8006 list? no other open

competitive transit list has been affected with this issue. That is a shame

that the lawyer that I referred you to told you that you couldn't fight it.

It's what I suspected, Locomotion. :tup: Just got through reviewing the the posts from list 5025 and 8006. Looks like they did not use the 1 in 3 rule at all for list 5025 and the start of list 8006 (numbers 1 through 400's).

My number was 119 but I declined and was put back in late July or August (they were up to list #800's and 900's then) and that's when they came out with that rule.

It looks like they kicked out a lot of drivers with the rule and gave it a rest sometime around late October if I'm not mistaken.

I have a funny feeling they just wanted to get me (it's a long story) but they had to take a whole lot of other guys to make it look fair or routine.:confused:

Locomotion, as far as I know and the lawyer told me what the TA did was totally legal. Don't forget your dealing with an agency with tremendous power that can shape the laws in their favor. Where I think we have a chance is that they are not using the law uniformly. It's like (for example) only applying the anti-homicide laws to one group of people instead of the whole population. That, I believe is illegal.

By the way, today I e-mailed the Inspector General - MTA/NYCTA to see if I can get all this stuff in document form under the freedom of information act. Have a meeting with someone in the Dept of Labor in a couple of weeks. Will keep you posted.:cool:

PS: Just thought it might be a good idea for you and maybe some of the other guys that got hit with this rule to come down to the Dept of Labor with me on Dec. 28th. There's someone there that told me he's investigating this thing. I'll call him soon to see what he thinks.

What is it with you? You already told everyone that you lied about your father working in Transit. You said he was the head of some firm. And now suddenly you enjoy residual health insurance from the MTA whom your dad never worked for? What did you lie about lying or something?

I was being sarcastic when I said my fahter worked at a lw firm. What is it with you being so obsessed over every word I say? You remind me of an internet stalker.

Going down on 12/27 for physical and final processing. Does anyone know how long this usually take and what the whole process for that day is like?

Congrats on getting called. You'll go in get on line and be sent to medical. Be prepared for a long day the medical is no joke but as long as ur healthy u should be fine. Once u qualify Medically u go to the front desk fill out paperwork turn it in get sworn in get fingerprinted then take a photo for ur pass then ur hired. I was there Tuesday all day got out at 4. But it was well worth it as I start training jan 2nd 2012. Good luck.

Crap. I told my job that I was going in late. I hope it doesn't take too long. I'll try to be the first one there on Tuesday. Did they give you the date for the next class?[/quote

As far as I know it's January 2nd. u should be in that one once u finish the process. I was one of the first ones called it still took a while cuz they were doing new hires and employees as well. That was my experience there who knows u might go and be out in a few hours u never know.

Archived