Bus Operator Exam 8006

Locomotion69

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally lifted my medical hold today and was sworn in. Told to report on Monday. Went straight to my job to resign afterward. I felt bad not giving them any notice but the lady told me she didn't know when they'll start hiring again. So I took the leap of faith and I hope I pass the training.

Finally lifted my medical hold today and was sworn in. Told to report on Monday. Went straight to my job to resign afterward. I felt bad not giving them any notice but the lady told me she didn't know when they'll start hiring again. So I took the leap of faith and I hope I pass the training.

Yeah, why did you resign?, they even tell you (especially for B/O not to do that) to wait until after day 7-10, then you'll know if your bus operator or not. I understand your excitement in getting the job, but you really should have waited. Good luck and congrats.

I'm list #1533. I worked for the DMV before and they would not let me get a leave of absence. Never ever work for that agency. It is all inbreed and retarded. Unless you're related to someone or best friends with someone high up, you will never have anything go your way. I asked for two weeks leave of absence and without any hesitation my district director said no, and the only option was to resign my post. I seriously hope I can make it through training. There is no turning back for me at this point.

not for nothing you should have not left your job should have said you are very sick or hurt

I am too nervous when I am on the road with the bus. I did better today on day two but the instructor said I keep staying too close to the right since I'm use to driving in the middle of the lane and not straddle the left line. I need to slow down too. Said I'm driving too fast. I hope day three goes better

I receive the letter to go to 180 Livingston like 3 months ago to take the drog test but went I went there they say they atop hiring at the moment and that we not going to take the drog test that day. Then they give me the 21 pages bucklet to take home. They say that have that ready that they will call me.

But I receive the same later for the drog test dicember 28 to go to 180 Livingston for drog test but this time the later dont have the application inside becouse they take the fist time that I went there.

And today i went for the drog test, I bring that 21 page bucklet but they don't take today. They tell me that they will call me.

I hope I get call soon

I am too nervous when I am on the road with the bus. I did better today on day two but the instructor said I keep staying too close to the right since I'm use to driving in the middle of the lane and not straddle the left line. I need to slow down too. Said I'm driving too fast. I hope day three goes better

Nervous? Lol wait until u have passengers on ur bus cursing u out. Just control ur speed u get paid by the minute

Hey bro, there's nothing to be nervous about in all actuality the bus is just a big car. One useful tip to maintain that 4 ft of clearance on your right side is to line up the left line with your left knee while driving. Speed....they don't like it especially on a training bus...I can't tell you an approximate speed to go because it all depends on the conditions of the environment i.e vehicular traffic, pedestrian traffic etc...like ali said...when you pass and go into line training you have all the time in the world to get to your destination...you don't worry about the time...that's the dispatcher's job.

Manny what is your #

You may want to ask for that sort of info in a PM (Private Message)

I slowed down today and kept my clearance. But she still said I was making the turns too fast and that I break too hard. She gave me a satisfactory overall and she told me to come in strong tomorrow. How do you guys break? Do you have a particular technique? I was honest and told her I haven't driven since I moved to Manhattan and sold my car 4yrs ago. I just need more experience on the road.

I slowed down today and kept my clearance. But she still said I was making the turns too fast and that I break too hard. She gave me a satisfactory overall and she told me to come in strong tomorrow. How do you guys break? Do you have a particular technique? I was honest and told her I haven't driven since I moved to Manhattan and sold my car 4yrs ago. I just need more experience on the road.

Every bus is different so I can't exactly tell you how to brake but just know this...the RTS has very sensitive brakes that's why whenever you need to stop smoothly you have to have an ideal amount of space between yourself and whatever is in front of you....as for turns...the hardest thing for a B/O is to scrub off the speed prior to making a turn...you need to slow down to almost a complete stop...cover the brake and let the transmission walk you through the turn ...it's imperative that you "walk" (walking speed) through your turns because with an RTS visibility is not the best and it allows you to correct your turn should you feel that you may hit the curb. Also don't forget scan those mirrors! Good Luck!

I did ok on the el turns today and braked much better. I messed up on one tight turn and couldn't park the bus until my 7th try. She told me I know the bus and procedures well but I can't operate on the road with much control. I am letting the bus take over. She said she is sttill on the fence with me.

Any bus can have sensitive brakes... There's some RTS', such as the '99 5000s that have smooth braking - feels sorta like mashing your foot on a pillow to allow comfort ride. However, with the pillow feel you gotta allot more timing for braking distance.

For the 7-day training: just take your time. Day 6 & 7 should be your imperative days of not fukking up. These two days will the instructor see what you're capable of and whether you can handle the vehicle. Keep it at 15mph unless instructed otherwise. Keep your 4 ft and relax; straddle the lanes if you have to -- f**kk everyone else.

The Air Brakes take time to get use to. But when you learn how much air to apply sensitive brakes won't be a problem. You just can't let the bus drive you, you have to drive the bus. As someone said its a big car, the first time I drove a bus I was a nervous wreck but once you sitting there you quickly realize its not as hard as it looks. If he/she can do it, you can to.

Archived