Bus Operator Exam 8006

Locomotion69

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum and just thought I'd

share my most recent experience with regards

to the pre-employment process, (exam 8006).

For those of you who have claimed 'veterans

credit' on your exam back in 2008-Beware!

Although I served during the period of time

listed, I was still given a hard time by the

folks at HR once I received a letter to come

in for the pre-employment interview. This

was in sept. 2011, At that time I was told that

because I was not involved in any conflict or

war during my time in the military, I was not

eligible for the 5 points added to my test scores

back then therefore, I would have to be assigned

a new list number....Couldn't believe what I

was hearing so the next day I stopped by DCAS

to inquire about what was told to me...

They seem to have no clue of what I was talking

about. Despite all this, MTA continued to

process me after three months had gone

by. I was called in for drug test-called a week

later to find out when I should expect

medical and was told that the reason HR

didn't call me was because, once again...

My list number will change. Has anyone out

there Everett experienced this sort of

thing?

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is the best way to get there. Driving or take the train.

From were I live in Brooklyn I have to take 3 trains and a bus.

Please let me know if I can drive there and find parking. They tell me that is better to take the train because they have no parking.

Please let me know if I can drive there and find parking. They tell me that is better to take the train because they have no parking.

If I were you I would drive to Zerega, 3 trains and a bus in the pre dawn hours sounds like a nightmare.

There is parking around there on the side streets, not a big deal if you have to walk a couple of blocks from

where you parked. Good luck!

If I were you I would drive to Zerega, 3 trains and a bus in the pre dawn hours sounds like a nightmare.

There is parking around there on the side streets, not a big deal if you have to walk a couple of blocks from

where you parked. Good luck!

I will do that thanks locomotion

There's parking there, but if you don't mind traveling by train and bus to Zerega, then by all means, go ahead and do it. You'll get your MTA Pass/ID on your first day so it's no cost to you to ride the rails or bus. If you drive, be prepared to pay for gas and tolls.

I didn't mind taking the train. I took the 4 train to 125th Street, transferred to the 6 which took me to Castle Hill Avenue for the Bx22 to Lafayette, and walk down 2 blocks to the facility. It's two hours, which is long, but I found ways to get through it. Read your material; listen to music. Do anything to occupy your mind.

There's parking there, but if you don't mind traveling by train and bus to Zerega, then by all means, go ahead and do it. You'll get your MTA Pass/ID on your first day so it's no cost to you to ride the rails or bus. If you drive, be prepared to pay for gas and tolls.

I didn't mind taking the train. I took the 4 train to 125th Street, transferred to the 6 which took me to Castle Hill Avenue for the Bx22 to Lafayette, and walk down 2 blocks to the facility. It's two hours, which is long, but I found ways to get through it. Read your material; listen to music. Do anything to occupy your mind.

Thanks acela I will see what is the easy way for me to get there.

Thanks

If I remember correctly Acela didn't have a car at the time, but he does

so if his only concern was to find parking then he should drive there.

It sounds like Manny lives further away from Zerega then Acela, so it might

take longer then 2 hours by subway/bus. He can avoid the tolls by driving

through Manhattan to the Willis Ave bridge into the Bruckner at least in the

early am. Either way give yourself extra time just in case.

You can park your car in queens at 14th ave and parsons blvd and take the q 44 over the bridge to zegera ave and walk the two blocks. after your 7-10 day training you'll be back at zegera for about 2-3 days and if you live in queens or bklyn you can save $ 13 a day on tolls.

If I remember correctly Acela didn't have a car at the time, but he does

so if his only concern was to find parking then he should drive there.

It sounds like Manny lives further away from Zerega then Acela, so it might

take longer then 2 hours by subway/bus. He can avoid the tolls by driving

through Manhattan to the Willis Ave bridge into the Bruckner at least in the

early am. Either way give yourself extra time just in case.

No, I have a car, just don't feel like driving it. lol The parking isn't bad up there at all. Even when everything is tied up on Lafayette, you can park down the block on Havemeyer Avenue which is usually free. Make sure you look at the parking rules for the day too.

You would need to worry about Zerega the first day for orientation, then when you qualify from basic training, which would be another 4-5 days back at Zerega, then your final day of graduation at Zerega where you'll receive your badge and such.

Find the best way for you to get there.

BTW, you'll become friends with your classmates, and more than likely always hitch a ride to or from Zerega. Trust me.

No, I have a car, just don't feel like driving it. lol The parking isn't bad up there at all. Even when everything is tied up on Lafayette, you can park down the block on Havemeyer Avenue which is usually free. Make sure you look at the parking rules for the day too.

You would need to worry about Zerega the first day for orientation, then when you qualify from basic training, which would be another 4-5 days back at Zerega, then your final day of graduation at Zerega where you'll receive your badge and such.

Find the best way for you to get there.

BTW, you'll become friends with your classmates, and more than likely always hitch a ride to or from Zerega. Trust me.

Or u could park outside of zerega. U can't park from 10pm-5am so after 5am u good but I suggest u get there like 4:50am sleep until It's time to go upstairs I did

That once I didn't like it mass transit was better for me

You can park your car in queens at 14th ave and parsons blvd and take the q 44 over the bridge to zegera ave and walk the two blocks. after your 7-10 day training you'll be back at zegera for about 2-3 days and if you live in queens or bklyn you can save $ 13 a day on tolls.

Interesting, does the Q44 run 24 hrs though during the week?

What stop would that be? Lafayette/Brush Ave? From looking at the bus

map there is no bus on zerega ave. There is a creek in between, how

do you get to the other side? footbridge?

Or u could park outside of zerega. U can't park from 10pm-5am so after 5am u good but I suggest u get there like 4:50am sleep until It's time to go upstairs I did

That once I didn't like it mass transit was better for me

My plan is to get there oround 5:30 to 6:00 is that late or is find.

Thanks all for your help.

I have 1 more question obout the benefit package they give me. They tell me to fill out this and bring that the first day to orientation. But I only see reading information obout benefits but I dont see the form for medical, dental, for all the benefits. I only see 1 form here.

I guest they will give that in orientation

Thanks.

Manny When going to Zerega I park in the street with the deadend i always got there 5 min to 7 am lol and when you pick to Line Train go to Ulmer Park I had a ball there and you get a little bit of everything except artic and hybrid driving :tup:

Yeah i hope he passed the training too, even if he didnt make it in 7 days they give you two extra days to try to qualify, day 9 is on a friday and day 10, on a monday which is in zegera, Day 10 there is no room for error, you gotta give 100%.

Days 1-5 are training days, day one you will learn the basic of the bus and its functions, and turns, your instructor will teach you everything, just be patient and pay attention 100%. Days 6 and 7 are there "testing" days, you will drive in manhattan for about a hour and the instructor will tell the other students to be quiet in the bus as it is a testing day, any mistakes you make such as jumping the curb not leaving 4 feet of clearance on your right side or if he/she has to pull the trolley brake, going past a yellow or red light you will be extended to day 9. if you make any mistakes on day 9 its on too day 10 your last and final chance, try to make it on day 7 :) :cool:

Days 1-5 are training days, day one you will learn the basic of the bus and its functions, and turns, your instructor will teach you everything, just be patient and pay attention 100%. Days 6 and 7 are there "testing" days, you will drive in manhattan for about a hour and the instructor will tell the other students to be quiet in the bus as it is a testing day, any mistakes you make such as jumping the curb not leaving 4 feet of clearance on your right side or if he/she has to pull the trolley brake, going past a yellow or red light you will be extended to day 9. if you make any mistakes on day 9 its on too day 10 your last and final chance, try to make it on day 7 :) :cool:

Ok thanks

The last 2 days you can't make mistake or not big mistakes like the one that you say before.

Archived