Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Locomotion69

Bus Operator Exam 8006

good to here but now i`m working on getting my points removed off my lincese i have only 2 points that`s it the rest is clear no accedents i got a tciket for avoiding a traffic control device that`s were i got 2 points.

what?

good to here but now i`m working on getting my points removed off my lincese i have only 2 points that`s it the rest is clear no accedents i got a tciket for avoiding a traffic control device that`s were i got 2 points.

igor just go to any driving school take defensive driving course it will remove your points plus you get a 10 percent discount on insurance.they still will hire you with 2 points but then again they favor a clean license more i was wondering what is your list number if its above 2,500 i wont even think they will go that high the way its going i could be wrong but i dont even think they will get to 2,000 on 8006

igor just go to any driving school take defensive driving course it will remove your points plus you get a 10 percent discount on insurance.they still will hire you with 2 points but then again they favor a clean license more i was wondering what is your list number if its above 2,500 i wont even think they will go that high the way its going i could be wrong but i dont even think they will get to 2,000 on 8006

I think they extended the expiration, maybe that'll help get everybody on the list.

you said you were called with a list number under 50 how can this be they are still not done with the promotional list please dont post false info and get everybodys hope up and there was nothing said or done with extending 8006 list maybe thats what you hope but stop posting false info:mad:

you said you were called with a list number under 50 how can this be they are still not done with the promotional list please dont post false info and get everybodys hope up and there was nothing said or done with extending 8006 list maybe thats what you hope but stop posting false info:mad:

ok, thanks for the update. I thought 2013 was an extension.

you have not answered my question first of all there are hundreds of people left on 8006 promotional list how come you say you are getting called march 7 with a list number under 50 i dont beleve you thats is impossible.then you said 8006 was extende till 2013 i like to know where you got your info please explain because everything you have said is false a big lie i hate this and i keep track of whats going on every week please get a grip on yourself and stop posting these lies:mad:

Good news got my invite list 8006 now being used. I'm not ready now but for those who are good luck. March 7 date Im under #50.

why do you tell everyone you are getting called from 8006 they have hundreds still left on the promotional list stop your bull shit please everyone that reads this his statement is false i hate when people post bullshit hope i cleared this up

I am just curious

What is the promotional list ??????

I dont remember seeing any promotional tests for BO

List #8006 for NYCT Bus operator is what i'm referring to. I got called and just sharing info for those interested in knowing. I don't know if they will extend the expiration date, but it would make sense too. A year and half has passed w/o any movement until now. I have other things to keep me busy namely a full time job not looking to spread B/S. Hope this helps.:confused:

List #8006 for NYCT Bus operator is what i'm referring to. I got called and just sharing info for those interested in knowing. I don't know if they will extend the expiration date, but it would make sense too. A year and half has passed w/o any movement until now. I have other things to keep me busy namely a full time job not looking to spread B/S. Hope this helps.:confused:

Seal, Jaks posted the 8006 list moving, he says he got called.

I posted that I THOUGHT the list got extended. Maybe you mixed

us up bit either way, relax. It's gonna work out soon.

why do you tell everyone you are getting called from 8006 they have hundreds still left on the promotional list stop your bull shit please everyone that reads this his statement is false i hate when people post bullshit hope i cleared this up

Seal, Please shut the hell up and stop calling out people if you dont know what the hell is going on.

This information is from dcas:

exam number 5025

4886 total eligible on the list

4881 last eligible called as of 2-23-11

11/31/11 list will expire

exam number 8006

3758 total eligible on the list

191 last eligible called as of 2-23-11

11/12/13 list will expire

There is no promotional list that I know off, What promotional list you are talking about ?????????

There are classes in Bronx every two weeks. 5025 is done, 8006 is moving fast. There are training buses in most of the depots through out the city.

Please follow your own advice

... stop your bull shit please everyone that reads this his statement is false i hate when people post bullshit hope i cleared this up

I work out of fresh pond and i do see a new class in the depot every few weeks mta is hiring like crazy right now

I did see an rts on the gwanas express way friday training bus when i was going back to staten island from manhattin in the access a ride car i was driving

i have 2 points but if i go to defensive driving school and take a class then 3 or 4 months from now i go to the dmv and get my abstract will the 2 points still be there on paper or will it say to defensive driving points removed i need an answer to that all who ever can help me on this one

NYCTA does not accept point reduction you will be carge with how many points you do have and th points will still show on your NYS driver abstract

Igor, with 2 points, you are ok. there is no better/worse.. It's more of a pass/fail with the MTA. If you meet the requirements, even by one point, or whatever, you are good. So don't get anymore tickets, and you will be fine. IIRC, their requirements besides the class B license/permit, is no more than 4 points in the past 3 years.

As long as you have no DUI/DWI or felonies either, you should be safe.

because i`m looking to get out of access a ride i hate it i`m looking into driving a coach bus for academy i know some paople tell me it`s bad but i have a b lincese and i don`t want it go 2 waste so i wanna work for academy for now until the mta calls me get my exprence on a 45 foot coach bus all i want is commuter lines to do no charter for because i don`t feel ready yet for it

I was also told to report to Livingston on 3/7. List is 63 from 8006. Any advise on what to expect???

You'll be bringing in your pre-employment letter and application, and all documents they listed on the notification. Once you get there on march 7th you will fill out some more paper work once down there and take the piss test. If your urine and background history check out you will be called by telephone for a second visit where you will fill out W-2 forms, be sworn in, given a rule book, finger prints taken, and pass picture taken as well. Now the exact time frame it takes for the second visit is highly subjective. For me in my situation from the time I got my letter to the time I was hired took less than 2 weeks. I got my letter Jan.4th 2006 and my appointment date was Jan.15th 2006. So just be patient with the entire process your time will come, and good luck.:tup:

I hope to get a letter soon, i think I am 72 or 73, I will let ya'll know

Well his list # is 63 and yours is 72 or 73, so they must have stopped @ around his number for this batch of people. So you can expect to receive a letter this upcoming week or the week after.

i have a list number in the 700 hundred range but now it says i am on an outstanding certificaton ?i did not get a letter yet does this mean i am getting ready to be called down im confused on this outstanding means i must have been called but how can this be if the people the just posted are in the 50 - 75 range and im in the 700 range please explain on this outstanding certification:tup::)

i have a list number in the 700 hundred range but now it says i am on an outstanding certificaton ?i did not get a letter yet does this mean i am getting ready to be called down im confused on this outstanding means i must have been called but how can this be if the people the just posted are in the 50 - 75 range and im in the 700 range please explain on this outstanding certification:tup::)

Yeah it just means your name and list number has been sent to TA for future appointments. It should be about another 3-6 months before they get to your name. Be patient your time will come.

well shit, first you spill crap on members of this forum and now you are asking for help?