Bus Operator Exam 8006

Locomotion69

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

whats up guys restored number here from 8006 went down 2 180 livingston on monday 6/18 submitted urine & now just waiting for

call back for medical hope it doesnt take long. does any1 knows much about this 21 page booklet????

How's it going Justice09... how long was the wait after you restored your number?

Finally my prayers have been answered I got to report in for pre employment on Friday July 6th. I read everything carefully on the package they sent me in the mail only thing I'm concerned about is my credit report. Reason is because things have not been looking good at my current employment since I took a reduction of hours and no over time that I haven't seen over a year. I'm really concerned it might disqualify me because of that. I don't know if I should try to call Yale Associates tomorrow and find out more information before reporting on the sixth. Only time will tell

Your credit history has no effect on you during the hiring process. Mass, you keep bringing this issue up over and over again.

Why would you contact Yale Associates? We have been on these forums for a few years now and we never came across

somebody who got DQ'd for having bad credit(B/O), not sure about other titles though. Good luck MP.

Hey guys! I spoke to my brother last night since he's been working for the City of New York for almost 13 years and he informed me that you can get disqualified for having a bad credit score. He understand that I've been struggling a bit but they can use that as a factor. He said the only time they can disqualify you if your driving record is bad such as points off your license or suspension DUI, DWI, felony conviction, dishoronble discharge from the armed forces, failing a drug and alcohol test. He told me just to be true what I'm telling them on the interview process and I should be good to go. He's right just like you guys are telling me I have nothing to worry about. I will do my best to keep you guys informed of my progress.

Hey guys! I spoke to my brother last night since he's been working for the City of New York for almost 13 years and he informed me that you can get disqualified for having a bad credit score. He understand that I've been struggling a bit but they can use that as a factor. He said the only time they can disqualify you if your driving record is bad such as points off your license or suspension DUI, DWI, felony conviction, dishoronble discharge from the armed forces, failing a drug and alcohol test. He told me just to be true what I'm telling them on the interview process and I should be good to go. He's right just like you guys are telling me I have nothing to worry about. I will do my best to keep you guys informed of my progress.

I told you bro, I even checked my credit report and there was no inquiry from them so you are in the clear. Best of luck with your training you waited so long for this go hard or go home!

And some people on here didn't think they would reach your list number, saying not to give you "false hope"

Keep us posted and take it one step at a time. More importantly stay calm, that makes you think more clearly.

I will do my best to keep you guys informed of my progress, any advice will be greatly appreciated.

I just came from the court house in Queens, and it turns that I don't need a disposition since I never had a criminal record stated the clerk. He told that transit will dofinger prints on me to find out.

fvy77q.jpg

the little girl said " why would go get a deposition if you never was arrested ?"

I was called back in Jan '12 but was not available at that time, sent the letter back as directed and asked to be called back at a later date my list # was in the low 1600's. Since then I've moved, put in a fowarding address with the P.O. and haven't heard anything from transit. My question is does anyone have a phone # that I can call to find out what happened? Hope someone can help.

Your credit history can have a negative affect on getting hired if it's extremely bad. Even TSA won't hire you if you have one or more debts higher than $10,000. I'm sure TA would follow a similar guide line. But it may only come into play on titles where you handle and collect revenue. Other titles it may be just to judge character. But as long as you don't have something more than $10,000 I wouldn't worry.

Got the call to report for medical on 6/25......Cee your time will come just gotta have patience!

Yes sir... God has me covered. My wife was sworn in yesterday for Conductor. So she will move back to NY first and then I will follow. The word says "Husband and wife shall not be separated"... so my time will come... In Jesus name... Amen!

Finally my prayers have been answered I got to report in for pre employment on Friday July 6th. I read everything carefully on the package they sent me in the mail only thing I'm concerned about is my credit report. Reason is because things have not been looking good at my current employment since I took a reduction of hours and no over time that I haven't seen over a year. I'm really concerned it might disqualify me because of that. I don't know if I should try to call Yale Associates tomorrow and find out more information before reporting on the sixth. Only time will tell

Congrats Mass... Keep ya head clear and don't worry to much. The more worries you have will bring you more stress. Just be calm and think things through make sure you have all your papers together and it will be alright. Good luck... :D

Archived