Bus Operator Exam 8006

Locomotion69

Your credit history can have a negative affect on getting hired if it's extremely bad. Even TSA won't hire you if you have one or more debts higher than $10,000. I'm sure TA would follow a similar guide line. But it may only come into play on titles where you handle and collect revenue. Other titles it may be just to judge character. But as long as you don't have something more than $10,000 I wouldn't worry.

I called this morning and they stated that your credit score or history does not play a factor as far as hiring is conceren.

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Just let everyone know what happened to me this morning. All I got to say is there were a lot of people that show not just for B/O, but for other things such as a final process, and other positions. This one black lady she was loud and a few people like myself couldn't even keep up what she was say, but I remember that she said to provide phone# where you can be reached, not to resign from your current job until you complete the training she stated that there's 10 days to practice, a road test, 6 weeks training anywhere in the 5 boros, put on 1 year probation and not to be late what so ever. Today we had to turn in the application, documents they asked for on the notice , and a drug test was done on the spot. They stated we will know in a month for a final process.

Hi guys I am new here and I have just received my letter to go to mta offices for a urine test and to hand in my paperwork for the B/O job #8006. The reason for my post here is I wanted to ask you guys a question about suspended licenses. I just got a DMV abstract and it says my license was suspended on 3-4-09 and it was cleared on 3-5-09. The ticket was for backing up in a toll lane at the Brooklyn battery tunnel. Now I know it's such a dumb thing to do, and to make a long story short I got stuck behind a cement truck and couldn't see ahead and got into the wrong lane so I backed up like an idiot. But I was wondering if this suspension that was cleared will cause me to be disqualified for the job? I also have 1 felony on my record from 1998 and I have my court disposition papers and what's called a certificate of relief from the state. So again I am just wondering from some of you more experienced guys, do I actually have a chance at becoming a B/O in the future? Or am i looking at a disqualification? Just to also mention i already have my CDL B license with passenger endorment.Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

The phone number requested from you is so when your drug test is clean they will call you back with a date to come back. Training is 10 days, but most people qualify on day 7. Take a leave of absense from your job if you could, Just incase something doesnt go right at the mta you have something to fall back on. I have a interesting question, While in Flushing on Thursday, I saw many low floor 4,000 series buses being used for TRAINING BUSES. Is the mta still doing training in a RTS bus or did they change policy and train new guys in the new buses? Any info? Thank you.

Mr Q66

The phone number requested from you is so when your drug test is clean they will call you back with a date to come back. Training is 10 days, but most people qualify on day 7. Take a leave of absense from your job if you could, Just incase something doesnt go right at the mta you have something to fall back on. I have a interesting question, While in Flushing on Thursday, I saw many low floor 4,000 series buses being used for TRAINING BUSES. Is the mta still doing training in a RTS bus or did they change policy and train new guys in the new buses? Any info? Thank you.

Mr Q66

I'm planning on taking a month LOA once I'm cleared for training. I did however saw a "TRAINING BUS" on Woodhaven Blvd a few days ago where I'm at. Looks to me there still hiring...hope my day comes soon...

Mr Q66

It's funny you mention that about the 4xxx series buses because 4373 from my depot actually has the fittings for the trolley brake the instructors use.

Mr Q66

Q66, As far as I know RTS is not being phased out, I still see RTS training buses being used for initial training/qualifying. Most likely scenario with the 4000 series is depot doing their training for the new operators on their buses. Once you get to a depot where you'll be line training you need to be trained on every bus they have in fleet. Judging by my depot, we have 5k and 9k series RTS's among other buses. 9xxx were supposed to be done with some time in spring, but guess what there plenty of them still on tbe road. Most likely (and strictly speaking from BO point of view) all you guys will still be qualifying on RTS's. I won't be surprised if 2301 will still be doing qualifying/intial training on those dinosaurs. All of you looking fwd to RTS training will get your chance. Good luck to all and be safe out there.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived