Bus Operator Exam 8006

Locomotion69

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone here has the phone# to Yale Associates ? It looks to me that they called my home# and my brother told me that some from transit a male called that needed to speak with me, but the person didn't wait for my brother to give them my cell# to get a hold of me. I called transit last week and they told me that no one called at all. If anyone has there # let me know.

You don't need the phone # for Yale Associates. You deal with the MTA, in this case human resources at Livingston St.

Why didn't you also give them your cell number when you went in for your 1st appointment(drug test)?

I am an old school fool and still have a landline as well but with a cell phone # they can reach you anywhere.

That call that your brother took was most likely going to be them letting you know when to come in for the medical

final processing, good luck MP.

You don't need the phone # for Yale Associates. You deal with the MTA, in this case human resources at Livingston St.

Why didn't you also give them your cell number when you went in for your 1st appointment(drug test)?

I am an old school fool and still have a landline as well but with a cell phone # they can reach you anywhere.

That call that your brother took was most likely going to be them letting you know when to come in for the medical

final processing, good luck MP.

I called last week to Miss Chestnut, and she told me that there was no call being made to me, but to be on a look out for a phone call or a notice in the mail for a medical and final by the end of the summer. On the applications I did provided both my home and cell #'s. Should I try to call again 2morrow and ask if the lab dept was trying to get a hold of me? Keeping my fingers crossed on this one...

I called last week to Miss Chestnut, and she told me that there was no call being made to me, but to be on a look out for a phone call or a notice in the mail for a medical and final by the end of the summer. On the applications I did provided both my home and cell #'s. Should I try to call again 2morrow and ask if the lab dept was trying to get a hold of me? Keeping my fingers crossed on this one...

You have caller ID at home? I wonder why they didn't try calling your cell # then.

Yeah give them a call later on today to find out your status. Worst case scenario

is that you are going to have to retake the drug exam which expires on Aug 6th in your case.

If you would have been DQ'd with the 1 in 3 rule you would have already received a letter by now.

Not trying to scare anybody from the 8006 list, but somebody from another forum recently got that letter.

He hasn't responded to my direct message and that is because he hasn't logged in since he posted last week.

I just got a letter in the mail not long ago hoping for good news, but instead this what it states

IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE NEXT AVAILABLE CLASS FOR THE POSITION OF BUS OPERATOR YOU MUST REPORT TO THE NYC DEPARTMENT OF CITYWIDE ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES, 1 CENTRE STREET, 21ST FLOOR, NEW YORK, NY AND HAVE YOUR NAME RESTORED TO THE LIST AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. THIS IS DUE TO THE FACT THE VACANCIES HAVE BEEN FILLED.

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT ALL DOCUMENTS MUST BE IN THE SAME NAME AND SPELLING MUST BE EXACTLY THE SAME.

THANK YOU,

EMPLOYMENT OPERATIONS.

Why they waited so long to tell me this after I went there last month to turn in my documents and to get a drug test done, and now this. I bet they were trying to reach me two weeks ago when my brother answered the phone when I wasn't home at the time. I think this might take longer for me to get in since the vacancies have been filled as stated in the later. I'm going out there 1st thing in the morning to get this matter resolved as soon as possible. Taking my commercial license, SS card, a cable bill that has my exact address birth certifcate, and I even have the postal money order that I paid for the exam. I'm upset but at the same time trying to take it easy. Wish me well :(:angry::huh:

I was called for list #2801 in July, couldnt go forward w/o my CDL, finally got it, but the list is closed. I called and was told if they don't call me before the end of the year they won't, what are my chances of being called now? Does anyone know how this works

Mass did she answer why?

She told me from the letter stated that the vacancies have been filled, and that I needed to restore my name on the list asap if there is another class will be notified by mail. She stated I would have to retake the drug test over since its only good for 30 days, keep my driving record clean, and up to date. She stated I would know in a few months when a next class will start.

Mass I hope they keep taking classes soon because this list finish 8/13. I hope I am not going to regret not applying for the new TA exam that came out. We are so close. I am in the 3000 and up. Hope to be call soon. I hope the chance comes soon.

Mass I hope they keep taking classes soon because this list finish 8/13. I hope I am not going to regret not applying for the new TA exam that came out. We are so close. I am in the 3000 and up. Hope to be call soon. I hope the chance comes soon.

I wish i would have known about this forum when i started my process.(lots of good info)I finished my 7 day today & passed so my #was28xx & someone training with me was in the 29xx so u still might have a chance..good look luck guys.Think i heard there are 2 more clases after this one not sure do

• 3 weeks later...

I called too this past Sunday and their up to 2996. I don't understand this?...my list# is 2950.5, and I went there last month for pre-empolyment turned in my paper work, and took a drug test. About 4 weeks later I get a notice from them that I have to put my name back on the list ASAP which I did the next day. I even called Miss Chestnut when I got back and she told me from the letter stated that the vacancies have been filled, and that I needed to restore my name on the list asap if their is another class will be notified by mail. She stated I would have to retake the drug test over since its only good for 30 days, keep my driving record clean, and up to date. She stated I would know in a few months when a next class will start. This makes no sense at all to me...how is it that list#2996 is hired when they stated to me their were no vacancies and my list# is lower then that person?

If I remember correctly you said that they called you at home and before your brother could ask who is calling they hung up.

Why they didn't call your cell phone # beats me, you wrote it down on your paperwork. They passed your list number, but you will get notified to come in for the drug/pre employment process once they resume hiring.

It's just a matter of a few months, sounds like they have been on a hiring spree for awhile, just be prepared and make sure YOU receive the call to come in for the medical.

If I remember correctly you said that they called you at home and before your brother could ask who is calling they hung up.

Why they didn't call your cell phone # beats me, you wrote it down on your paperwork. They passed your list number, but you will get notified to come in for the drug/pre employment process once they resume hiring.

It's just a matter of a few months, sounds like they have been on a hiring spree for awhile, just be prepared and make sure YOU receive the call to come in for the medical.

This really make no sense at all...I was told by a person by the name of Miss. Chestnut that the vacancies have been filled, and I did told her that someone from transit called my house and I wasn't there but failed to leave the number with my brother when he answered the phone when they called. She looked at my files and stated that there was no records of them calling me. I'm going to call first thing tomorrow to get some answers. I'm not liking this at all.

Restored my name at 1 centre street , nyc , receievded letter from NY Dcas stating >> "You were previously offside for: failed to report for interview NYC Transit Authority,these are now reversed." , I don't understand this , I went to 180 livingston for my medical . Please help me out , they called once for medical exam .

Correction to previous post

Restored my name at 1 centre street , nyc ,now receievded letter from NY Dcas stating >>

"You were previously offside for: Failed to report for Medical NYC Transit Authority, these are now reversed." ,

I don't understand this , I went to 180 livingston for my medical . Please help me out , they called once for Urine Test , attended that Medical Exam , after that , received letter , all positions filled .

Called NY Dcas , they told me check with MTA , you failed to report for Medical .

I just got a notice in the mail from NYC Citywide Administrative Services today. The notices states: EFFECTIVE 08/22/12 YOUR REQUEST FOR RESTORATION TO THE ELIGIBLE LIST BELOW WAS APPROVED. YOUR NAME WAS RESTORED TO ITS ORIGINAL STANDING ON THE LIST. YOU HAVE A MAXIMUM OF TWO RESTORATIONS REMAINING DURING THE LIFE OF THIS LIST. On the very bottom of the page it states: YOU WERE PREVIOUSLY OFFSIDE FOR: FAILED TO REPORT FOR MEDICAL. THESE ARE NOW REVERSED. I bet the person that called my house# could be from medical. I wasn't home that day since I was at work and my brother answered it and told him they were from transit but never left a name or contract number to reach them. I also provided them my cell# too. This makes no sense at all to me! :angry: I would never reject to report for a medical, and I even called this morning getting the same run around about the vacancies have been filled and I will be notified for the next class. I would like to talk to someone higher up about this. I never got nothing! :angry:

Mass they did not said if they going to have another class this year. this list finish 8//13.

They didn't say anything when a next class will start. In my opinion their so disorganized when you call them or go in person to their offices in Brooklyn not getting a straight up answer from them. I'm totally aware of the list will expire next August. I'm still on the list for Conductor, and B/O exam#2301 for MTA BUS. Same run around wil be on this one. Keeping my fingers crossed, and praying for them to hire me someday.

Archived