Bus Operator Exam 8006

Locomotion69

DAY 4 (Friday)

Sorry I'm getting back a couple days late been busy at my current job since I have to keep a float. Relaxing day than what happen on Day 3 with all of us. We went to The Bronx we did the snake turns the El Pillars Yikes!, but did good, and over came my fear. We did parallel parking, and straight back did alright on. Went to Zerega to pick up our ID's that were ready, and it was my turn to drive back to Queens on the Whitestone Bridge since I have the license. On the way into the Whitestone the drawbridge in the Bronx which it was a really sharp turn was going really slow on it that I had the tire on the curb, and while I was driving going into the EZ Pass lane went slow in there that it was super tight had to keep it about 2 ft which it wasn't easy, but manage to get the bus through it. Over all our instructor didn't get on us really hard, but did he hit the breaks on us. On the way back to JFK Depot someone else drove did the same thing from Day 3 that my instructor pulled the brakes, because there was a pedestrian where she was my making the turn at. She had water in her eyes when we were done for the day. More to come and its getting close for all of us.

P.S. Hope everything turns out okay for me for qualification if not I still have my current job that I have to go back to it. I have second thoughts about the Conductor position if they ever get to me. Wish me luck.

You will not be called for conductor . Why do you continue to have this false sense of hope

You can forgot about being called for conductor. There is 100% chance you will not be called for

Conductor . Do you understand ??????

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone know what is the status with mass production i see he went to day 4. he hasn't posted anything after that wish him luck.

He went to day 7 and didn't make it, not sure why he was put down as a re-hire in 5 years, I thought the waiting period

was 3 years after you fail to qualify. I don't know if him having a low list number on the 2301(MTA BUS) is going to mean

anything if the waiting period is 5 years.

name='Locomotion69' timestamp='1354067212' post='613920']

He went to day 7 and didn't make it, not sure why he was put down as a re-hire in 5 years, I thought the waiting period

was 3 years after you fail to qualify. I don't know if him having a low list number on the 2301(MTA BUS) is going to mean

anything if the waiting period is 5 years.

[/b]

What about day 9 and 10 ?

does this mean he wont post on here anymore ????????????????

Any idea what # they might be. Is their going to be more classes this year.

The automated recording hasn't changed in awhile(#2,996 last hired). However, hiring is still

going on now because I got the pre-interview letter/lab test for next Wednesday(12th) even

though I took my name off the list last year(#706).

Loco. Thanks for the info. Apparently they are goin back for the one they skip. I am just worry because I don't want this list to expire and never get call. I am in the 3300..... And so.

No worries, they will get to your list number and beyond. There are still 8 months left on the list. The previous list(5025)

was about 1,000 more then the 8006 and they went through that entire list.

i`m 3514 on 8006 and i`m thinking about going into academy bus lines i know the pay is garbage but to get my experence on a bus so when the mta calls me i won`t be as nervous i`ll just listen to the instructor and drive i currently drive for access a ride

Igor I went to training last month and didn't qualify on day 10. Word of advice they don't care if you drive for academy bus lines or if you had your CDL licence for 20 years. They just want to know if you can drive there bus there way how they will teach you during the first 1 week of training. The best advice I can give to you and to others that will read this post is to really put attention what your doing when your driving such as forward planning, staying 4 ft from your right, covering your right, setting your mirrors so you can see the rear right tire especially on your turns, scanning your mirrors while driving, and at a stop, get into a habit of kneeling the bus when your servicing at a bus stop, listen, and take notes. Most of all do not resign from your current job until you are for sure that you passed before going into line training. Take a LOA, Time off or vacation time just for the first 10 days. A few people that was in day 10 with me did not qualify, and resigned from there jobs before hand at least I was one of the few smart ones that didn't reason from my job, but stayed a float.

Igor I went to training last month and didn't qualify on day 10. Word of advice they don't care if you drive for academy bus lines or if you had your CDL licence for 20 years. They just want to know if you can drive there bus there way how they will teach you during the first 1 week of training. The best advice I can give to you and to others that will read this post is to really put attention what your doing when your driving such as forward planning, staying 4 ft from your right, covering your right, setting your mirrors so you can see the rear right tire especially on your turns, scanning your mirrors while driving, and at a stop, get into a habit of kneeling the bus when your servicing at a bus stop, listen, and take notes. Most of all do not resign from your current job until you are for sure that you passed before going into line training. Take a LOA, Time off or vacation time just for the first 10 days. A few people that was in day 10 with me did not qualify, and resigned from there jobs before hand at least I was one of the few smart ones that didn't reason from my job, but stayed a float.

I understand what u r saying i wanna get experence on a 45 or 40 foot bus i kno i have to drive there way i wanna do it so i won`t be nervous but just so i can listen to the instructor and drive there

way

• 2 weeks later...

Archived