Bus Operator Exam 8006

Locomotion69

someone said he was called down for 8006 list in the 400s has anybody got any news what they are up to 400 or higher please post dcas automated system has not updated still the same they are calling in hundreds wow 700s not far away a few weeks at most i hope please post:)

As I posted earlier I am getting my papers together for Fri. the 18th for the pre-interview and drug test. I will try to get there early as members posted that's it best to do so. I also try to find out if possible how many they need so to get a idea of the list numbers. Again I am in the low 400,s and will post this weekend.

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your sources are not as reliable as you may think .

5025 is done, they are not calling from that list no more ( stop spreading the rumors. ) Maybe there is one or two people left who are finishing up their medical or reinstatement, but that's nothing. They are calling from 8006. With so many people who were hired and are in classes now OT is at the premium right now, and will get even more rare as classes will spit out students..

I thought that TA could hire from two list concurrently If eligibles remain on list #5025. When is the expiration date of that list? As far as I can tell 8006 is being used at the same time- is using both list a rumor? or a fact. As for the timing of hiring thats in the hands of the TA; I thought that as of last year they were laying off and just started calling back again. Simply put, I waited a 1.5 years in the certified pool before being called and thats no rumor thats a fact. I hope that the economy turns around and hiring begins I hate seeing people layed off and out of work.

In the beating a dead horse column. BO Test 8006 List # 348 I went for my drug screen and prehire interview on 3-16-2011. Assuming everything went ok, how long before I get called for my medical. I'm unemployed. I missed an orientation with a Tractor Trailer company ( I have an A license ). I'm just wondering at which point should I give up on the MTA. Everybody has been telling me about Two weeks. I'm worried time is getting tight I can hold out for a while, but when should get moving on to something else? Thanks for all the help.

In the beating a dead horse column. BO Test 8006 List # 348 I went for my drug screen and prehire interview on 3-16-2011. Assuming everything went ok, how long before I get called for my medical. I'm unemployed. I missed an orientation with a Tractor Trailer company ( I have an A license ). I'm just wondering at which point should I give up on the MTA. Everybody has been telling me about Two weeks. I'm worried time is getting tight I can hold out for a while, but when should get moving on to something else? Thanks for all the help.

Hang tight they told me two weeks too and they called me two days later, they might have you go in for a class after the 28th of this month

You'll probably get called to come in next week, Wednesday at the earliest.

I do want to work for the mta just not in that capacity . Bus driver is not for me . Cr or station agent or property protection I would take .

Station agent is an obsolete title. They have gone the way of buggey whip makers.

I do want to work for the mta just not in that capacity . Bus driver is not for me . Cr or station agent or property protection I would take .

Yeah B/O ain't for everyone. I mean you deal with the public in the same level as a S/A but without bullet resistant glass between you and only for a couple of bucks more. Did you take the TPPA exam? My girl did she's list number 180 something. Last she checked they were up to list number 75.

Station agent is an obsolete title. They have gone the way of buggey whip makers.

I am beginning to think people are right about you. You are constantly saying, suggesting and/or claiming things that arent true or know nothing about.

I am beginning to think people are right about you. You are constantly saying, suggesting and/or claiming things that arent true or know nothing about.

Exactly I was gonna respond to him in the same manner you did, but didn't want to waste the time to type out a message to him.

I thought station agents were hired back as CLEANERS? That only proves my point that it is an obsolete title.

No No,once again You Are Wrong DONALD. A preferred list was established when all of us were laid off last year. About 445 people were on that list. Of the 445 originally 125 were suppose to be reinstated back as S/A's, the rest as cleaners. But it seems they realized they made a mistake with the drastic layoffs and called more people back as S/A's then they originally were. And at a faster time frame. I was not suppose to be reinstated until June but I start work March 28th. Those who were reclassified as cleaners would remain on the preferred list and be reinstated back to S/A's once their number was reached on the list. The (MTA) is going with attrition, which was the original plan anyway. TA will always need a human presence in the system no matter what. What TA is doing is just keeping the minimum amount of S/A's they can work with and not hiring from the outside right now or ever. I have a whole post explaining all of this wonder info if you bothered to read it,http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25484 . I tried sticking up for you a few times but I can see why you get the treatment you do. You make a lot of misinformed statements and fight tooth and nail defending those ill informed statements.. Unless you know someone that is giving you rock solid info or you have first hand insider knowledge, stop answering questions you have no knowledge about.

Won't they be able to lay off more S/As once they switch over to a new bank account/ credit card based fare card like the Oyster card in London? Walder is adovating for it by saying it will improve serive, but the #1 goal is to cut costs by cutting workers. I don't want S/As to lose their jobs, but if fewer people pay cash to ride the subway, then you don't need as many S/As.

(and yes, I read the thread you linked to just a few minutes ago)

Won't they be able to lay off more S/As once they switch over to a new bank account based fare card like the Oyster card in London? Walder is adovating for it by saying it will improve serive, but the #1 goal is to cut costs by cutting workers.

(and yes, I read the thread you linked to just a few minutes ago)

All of that is speculation and what if's. Simple fact remains is they will always need a human presence on the subway no matter what fare media they have installed. You using the oyster card type system as your basis of justification for your statement is like thinking the TA will be able to get OPTO on all train lines and get rid of every C/R,It won't happen. I've been on many transit systems that have smart card technology and guess what they still have S/A's working in the station. The DC metro comes to mind when I think of smart card technology. And in some stations they have more than one S/A working there, The station under the national mall is one such station.

Yeah, I know about D.C. I was there last summer. In D.C., however, their station agents do not sell fare cards. They never touch any money. I don't know about the D.C. stations, but not all station entrances have them when you go to Maryland and Virginia. Only 1 entrance has them.

To be honest, I find the S/As in DC to be useless. It took me nearly 10 minutes to figure out how to buy a pass due to the zone based fare structure. And on top of that, you have off-peak fares and peak fares. The S/A was of no help, so luckily a passenger was nice and helped me out. S/As in NYC are 1,000 times more helpful.

Yeah, I know about D.C. I was there last summer. In D.C., however, their station agents do not sell fare cards. They never touch any money. I don't know about the D.C. stations, but not all station entrances have them when you go to Maryland and Virginia. Only 1 entrance has them.

To be honest, I find the S/As in DC to be useless. It took me nearly 10 minutes to figure out how to buy a pass due to the zone based fare structure. And on top of that, you have off-peak fares and peak fares. The S/A was of no help, so luckily a passenger was nice and helped me out. S/As in NYC are 1,000 times more helpful.

Well I don't know their job description, I was just using them as an example of a system with smart cards and S/A's. And NYCTA is a much larger more complex system. So like I said before they will always need a human presence in their stations. The fact of the matter is NYCT needs a minimum of 2500 S/A's to be employed within the system. There are 417 stations in the system, each with a minimum of one 24 hour booth. Thats three tours each, so right there that's 1251 S/A's. Now all of them get 2 days off. And those days are covered by RDO agents so at minimum that's another 1251 S/A's needed for RDO duty. Then you have lunch relief agents, vacation relief agents and S/A's that work extra duty which involves filling in tours for sick call outs and such, and there are 40 agents assigned for all three tours in all three zones. So just adding up 5 days booth agents and RDO relief agents I've already added 2502 S/A's. Now you can read and believe what ever you want from the media and such. But that info I just gave you is all insider factual knowledge.;)

Machines do not equal human presence . Therfore you need station agents to fill this need . How will new technology replace the need for a live human

the NYC subway is a huge system and one of only

4 systems in the us that runs 24/7

and it is the 5th busiest system in the world

so tell me how can the mta eliminate this title ??

Machines do not equal human presence . Therfore you need station agents to fill this need . How will new technology replace the need for a live human

the NYC subway is a huge system and one of only

4 systems in the us that runs 24/7

and it is the 5th busiest system in the world

so tell me how can the mta eliminate this title ??

Let's just leave at this guy believes what ever the daily news and NY Post tell him. If the (MTA) was sure they could run the system with out S/A's they would not be hiring laid off agents back at all. They can't run the system without that minimum number even if they change over to smart cards they will still need a human on the station and still need that minimum number regardless. And if I add in the 360 S/A's assigned as extras and 200 something as vacation reliefs and the 300 or so lunch reliefs this keeps bringing that number higher. So you see donald we have went the way of the buggey whip makers. You can go to your local subway station and see one of us in the booth just as you have for the past century.

Archived