Bus Operator Exam 8006

Locomotion69

i agree thats a first ive ever heard mail you a letter,she or him must be a new person working there all contact after the drug test is by phone....and they give date and time by phone hope they are not changing things but i spoke to others they call you on phone...:confused:

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hey guys/gals new member here any1 have any news on the 8006 list??? any movements?? i keep hearing from the automatic machine the same news just that is updated every week with the same info?? looking for replies thanks to all.:(

Welcome to the forums, hope you enjoy your stay. And whatever info you require can be had here regarding exam #8006. Last I seen on this thread was that someone list # 548 or 578 got a pre-employment letter. But it seems they are moving through that list pretty fast so if you have a good list number, say less than 2000 you should be in good shape.

Thanks will for the welcome well appreciated, & also thnaks for the update on 8006 my list number is in da earlier 900's hopefully i will get called this year really lookin forward 2 it.. Wish everyone here good luck & once again happy to be here & thanks for the welcome:)

Thanks will for the welcome well appreciated, & also thnaks for the update on 8006 my list number is in da earlier 900's hopefully i will get called this year really lookin forward 2 it.. Wish everyone here good luck & once again happy to be here & thanks for the welcome:)

hey Brklyn, good luck and welcome. I went for the drug screen today at 180, not a bad day really. Expect to be there around 3 hrs. It helps to get there early because there is alot going on there. There's alot of good info in the forums.

Maybe I did not understand the lady at the desk because she was busy with another person when I approached with my papers after the lab. She looked and I asked her if this is where I check out and she took my papers and said that I will be notified when to come in for the medical. I probably thought she meant mail because I don,t recall her saying by phone. Hey I don,t care if it is Pony Express as long as they respond. Funny on Sat. the 26th I received a notice from transit thinking it,s the medical notice when it turns out it,s the BOSS exam for MABSTOA 2901 which I did apply for back in I think around the end of 2008. The exam is Mon. April 4th at 2.pm.

thats ok you misunderstood they will call 2-3 weeks for you to come in for the medical if your urine is ok.they are really going fast with 8006 wonder what list # there are up to last i heard was mid 500s that was last week each week it goes to another hundred or so it seems im in the low 700s hopefully 3-4 weeks longer my luck they will stop i have this black cloud over my head ill just say a prayer that helps.:tup:

Thanks 4 the welcome FBD & aloso good luck to you glad to be here o these forums/threads however u guys call it..im taking it day by day im patiently waiting to get called....once again good luck to all...one more thing fbd what is your list number?? if u dnt mind me asking??;)

Thanks 4 the welcome FBD & aloso good luck to you glad to be here o these forums/threads however u guys call it..im taking it day by day im patiently waiting to get called....once again good luck to all...one more thing fbd what is your list number?? if u dnt mind me asking??;)

I think I read on here they were past 500. I was less than 480.

Does anybody know what numbers they're on for the medicals? Tommorow is two weeks since the drugscreen. I know a class went in yesterday. Hopefully we'll all be hearing from them soon.

No one can tell you what the list number of the last person is for medicals. As you only get called in for the medical and final processing when your urine and background checks out. So some people check out faster than others or slower than others.

Does anyone knows how many accidents are allowed to be appointed & do u need to have a diploma or any type of education to also be hired???

Generally most titles you need at least a HS Diploma or it's equivalent. Some title require a certain amount of work experience. And accidents I'm not too sure of maybe a B/O can answer that question for you.

Can Someone that KNOWS tell me how many accidents TA accept for you to get appointed i have a clean record no points no moving violations but i have no fault accidents on my record & im worried i would get disqualified for that..please help with any info regarding this...i have everything to they are asking for jus this one thing is buggin me..

there has never been a mention, to my knowledge, as far as max allowed accidents to get the job. I believe, as long as you list whatever accidents are on your record, and as long as they don't involve DUI/DWI on your part, you should be fine.

Can Someone that KNOWS tell me how many accidents TA accept for you to get appointed i have a clean record no points no moving violations but i have no fault accidents on my record & im worried i would get disqualified for that..please help with any info regarding this...i have everything to they are asking for jus this one thing is buggin me..

I have a phone number of the woman that handles the bus operator list you can call to find out the real answer from someone that actually knows without a doubt, but apparently I cannot send a private message anyone right now. For other members giving speculation, you should seriously stop. Unless you know 100% what the answer is, you could cost someone a job here.

Does anyone knows how many accidents are allowed to be appointed & do u need to have a diploma or any type of education to also be hired???

Leave your H.S Diploma or GED at home. They aren't going to ask you

for it. When I took the 8006 exam on the notice of examination it said

there are no formal education or experience requirements for this exam.

Leave your H.S Diploma or GED at home. They aren't going to ask you

for it. When I took the 8006 exam on the notice of examination it said

there are no formal education or experience requirements for this exam.

That's true but it's always good to bring all documents they asked for. HS diploma was required for the S/A title, but when I first went in for pre-employment in '06 they asked us to bring it in, but never checked for it, just like they did this time around.

supposedly ta is stating that there cant be no more than 2 accidents in the last 3 years & i have three accidents which 2 of them are not my fault...i mean can i really be blamed for 4 something that was 100% the next person fault they saying its "my accident".......this is the only & 1 thing that is messin me up like i said in the last thread i have not even 1 point, never had suspensions, nor moving violations. Just had to post this, this news really got me out the mood.:mad:

Can someone provide me the phone number for 180 Livingston Street. I'm getting antsy it's been 2 weeks since the drug test and still no word. Just need to see if i'm still in the running. No reason I shouldn't be but like I saidgetting antsy and I dont feel like paying for a refresher course for a job I had in the bag before I was called in for my drugtest.

supposedly ta is stating that there cant be no more than 2 accidents in the last 3 years & i have three accidents which 2 of them are not my fault...i mean can i really be blamed for 4 something that was 100% the next person fault they saying its "my accident".......this is the only & 1 thing that is messin me up like i said in the last thread i have not even 1 point, never had suspensions, nor moving violations. Just had to post this, this news really got me out the mood.:mad:

bklynbound i feel your pain they dont care whos at fault and its not fair

Archived