Bus Operator Exam 8006

Locomotion69

Hi everyone, I took exam 8006, went for pre-employment on 4-18 (my list # is in 430's) and have a few questions..

1. I was looking through my folders and found a police report (I forgot all about it). It happened in the summer of '09. A taxi sideswiped me (I was double parked), but no damage, not a scratch on the car, just scratched my side mirror. Was no reason for me to report it to my insurance company, but made a police report just in case. Do I tell about it, and being I forgot about it initially how do I go about it?

2. I have a CDL B permit, end of May will be two yrs since I got it. Should I schedule a road test now, but will they let me take it on my own while I'll be in training or can I extend my permit for another yr? Whom can I contact to ask about this? I'm afraid to be called in for training having my permit expire mid training & be disqualified.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

call 718 330 1234 - listen to prompts...u want to press the number that puts you to H.R. ( human resources )

Also, most likely your backround check DID NOT check out yet.....remember, they ARE going to CALL and check on all your past employments(s)...if some of the places do not answer the phone or they take their sweet time to reply and verify your info...then you are going to be "put on hold" untill MTA get responses...also, chances are you are going to soon be colled to go back for a second drug test....the first one is valid for only 30 days so if there is a achance you will not be called for phisical within 30 days from your first drug test, then they will call you for a second one....hope this helps

Three weeks since the drug test, still no call for a Physical. I know a class is going in on the 11th, but still no word about it. I doubt I'll be in it, I dont think the MTA just annouces a class on the day of. I would imagine the list gets made on Thursday or Friday. Any advice out there? Are they going to call me? Should I take the Tractor Trailer job?

@ boxeraf you not the only one that's waiting for the physical. I took my drug test on 3 8 2011 its been 30days so I called mta and was told that there are no more classes until may. So if they don't call you before 30days,you going to take the drug test over. Don't worry I'm in the same boat,the lady told me if I don't get called that the next round of classes is in may. I really can't wait till I'm oiut of connecticut transit. Just hang on bro your not the only one put on hold that's because they have to reinstate a lot of ppl that got laid off.

Took drug test on 3-18 and still waiting on medical.I know that they did not contact my employer because I still work with my supervisor.I put down his number to contact and he said no one has contacted him. Sounds like we will be invited back for 2nd drug test.

Took drug test on 3-18 and still waiting on medical.I know that they did not contact my employer because I still work with my supervisor.I put down his number to contact and he said no one has contacted him. Sounds like we will be invited back for 2nd drug test.

More than likely at this point.

Test 8006 list # 348. Ok, finally a call from 180 livingston Not the call I wanted, but i'm still in the running. The MTA called me this afternoon to go in to take another drug test. My test on 3/16 is about to expire. I have till friday to take another one. I had a rather strong martini at 6pm.Will the martini show on my test, Should I go tommorow morning or should I wait until thursday?

Test 8006 list # 348. Ok, finally a call from 180 livingston Not the call I wanted, but i'm still in the running. The MTA called me this afternoon to go in to take another drug test. My test on 3/16 is about to expire. I have till friday to take another one. I had a rather strong martini at 6pm.Will the martini show on my test, Should I go tommorow morning or should I wait until thursday?
alcohol is out of your body in 24 hrs or less you have a couple of days to go drink lots of water do the flush but you dont have to:tup:

The urine test only checks for drugs. So you'll be OK to take the test.

alcohol is out of your body in 24 hrs or less you have a couple of days to go drink lots of water do the flush but you dont have to:tup:
even if it was detected in your body your still ok as long as it aint on your breath more concerned about drugs damm i went out and partied 2 days before my test drank so much vodka i still passed your good to go bro

I went down to 180 Livingston on 3/31 (drug test, paperwork, etc) and have not received a call back for medical. They said a few weeks. I was list #495. Anyone received a call back that went down there around that time. I am beginning to get a little worried as others have posted that they were called back quickly..

I was just hired yesterday. I had a medical hold and it took me 2 weeks to clear which was one week ago. I took 2 drug test b/c the first one expired and my first visit of 6 to Livingston was on 3/10. My list number is 180. My first day for training is 4/25. They will probably hold classes every two weeks but don't know for how long. The first was on 4/11. I believe they are still sending people letters so it shouldn't be too munch longer to be called for medical and final processing.

Congratulations, jaydubs36!

The party isn't over just yet -- the training program you'll be starting is the final test, and on day 7 for the road test, will determine whether you've made it 100%.

Again, congratulations... and good luck!

P.S. Did you have your CDL (or permit) prior to the visits? How'd that go for you?

Yeah, I'm aware it a'int over yet, I didn't have my CDL when I went to 180 Livingston the first time. I took the written test and came back the following week. I do have a few questions though, how tough is training? and when you do pass training and the road test, what kind of a schedule should I expect during my first year? I never drove nothing more than a medium sized U-HAUL truck. LOL! but I'm looking forward to the opportunity.

Yeah, I'm aware it a'int over yet, I didn't have my CDL when I went to 180 Livingston the first time. I took the written test and came back the following week. I do have a few questions though, how tough is training? and when you do pass training and the road test, what kind of a schedule should I expect during my first year? I never drove nothing more than a medium sized U-HAUL truck. LOL! but I'm looking forward to the opportunity.

Well as far as schedules goes, you can expect to forget about having weekends or holidays off for a long time. And you will more than likely be extra for the first few months, which means you get a different assignment every day or couple of days, depending on your depot's needs. And I think training is about 6 weeks long. I'm not a 100% on that. but maybe someone else can give the correct answer. But after 7 days you will know whether or not you are a B/O. I remember them stressing this at 180 to not quit your job until after day 7 when I got hired back in 2006. And also welcome to the train wreck which the MTA, lol. But I also gave this advice to vprojis, who also recently got hired as a B/O. Just get thru your 1st year (1 year probation) nice and easy. Try to work nights and limit your OT, so you can have as least amount of exposure to the job and customers as possible. So you can lower your chances of complaints. After you get the "P" moved from in front of your name your good. Just stay off sick control, and being late and you won't have many problems working for TA. And also start your 401K or 457B contributions or both ASAP.

LOL, I figured weekends and holidays would be out for the most part. Hey more money in my pocket working holidays! I know they offer time differential at night what about the weekends? I'm currently employed so the leave of absence option will probably be the one i choose also. I was looking at the benefits package also, way better than the one I have with my employer now.

Yeah I figure being a newbie that I probably will be using alot of that differential on the weekends especially. Is the training M-F or on the weekends also? I have to be there at Zerega 7:00 am in the morning.

All mta training is only done monday-friday. Enjoy it because this is the only time you'll have the weekends off and have a 1 hour lunch.

I called MTA H.R. this morning to see if I could get an update. The woman said they've stopped at list #461. They will start again if MTA says they need more. I'm waiting to hear any other news from a friend that's finishing up the April 11 class and I'll post if I hear more.

What is the # that you called. Well at least we have some information. Thanks!! I am new to this but i thought that once you went down to 180 livingston and did all the work (drug test, etc), they had already established that they needed that amount of people.

Archived