Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

Well I spoke to mrs river twice today and my lodge brother is a conductor he just told me they have not heard of anything about a second conductors exam at all once your called and sworn in.

Your conductor friend wouldn't know the new exam that people have already taken is 6601 47,000 people have taken this exam April and May of this year. As I have said the person who is in charge of MTA DCAS exams is the person who relayed this information to us. I made sure to ask him twice. Whenever you get to training you will meet him and hear the same information.... A lot of people who have taken this new exam don't even know they will have a second exam.... This is something new that was added to the 6601 exam because they want to eliminate people who cannot speak clearly and repeat what was just spoken to them. They will also take a reading comprehension exam. If they fail any portion of it they will be disqualified..

Lisa, December the exam ends... they said it has been out for very long it was supposed to expire 4 years after they started calling names from it but they always extended it....

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your conductor friend wouldn't know the new exam that people have already taken is 6601 47,000 people have taken this exam April and May of this year. As I have said the person who is in charge of MTA DCAS exams is the person who relayed this information to us. I made sure to ask him twice. Whenever you get to training you will meet him and hear the same information.... A lot of people who have taken this new exam don't even know they will have a second exam.... This is something new that was added to the 6601 exam because they want to eliminate people who cannot speak clearly and repeat what was just spoken to them. They will also take a reading comprehension exam. If they fail any portion of it they will be disqualified..

Lisa, December the exam ends... they said it has been out for very long it was supposed to expire 4 years after they started calling names from it but they always extended it....

this reminds me of the boss exam for bus operators. It does eliminate a lot of people.

Because they have a new list and this list has been out for "too long" now as they say.. people took this exam from 2004 not only 2008 it's a very old list, and I am humbled, thankful and blessed that my list number was even called.... and your welcome Lisa but hope it not lost because the list is moving fast... remember that wait until September and see if you will get called by then...

Because they have a new list and this list has been out for "too long" now as they say.. people took this exam from 2004 not only 2008 it's a very old list, and I am humbled, thankful and blessed that my list number was even called.... and your welcome Lisa but hope it not lost because the list is moving fast... remember that wait until September and see if you will get called by then...

totally agree. It's been a long time. This list has been put since President Obama was elected lol. That's why I took the next conductor exam. I hope I did better this time around so my list number is better.

Lisa I don't know maybe there will be if you haven't gotten called by December then I guess they won't call.. if they call you in September then maybe you will go to a class in December listen the information I posted earlier were from exam officials at training. I don't know anything else other than what I posted. Any other information can be obtained from 180 livingston

Lisa you need to call them and get the info we are all saying the same thing to you over and over Hun if they have not sent you a pre employment letter you just have to wait and continue to get the list numbers give or take there is maybe 800 to 1000 folks ahead of you if your list # is in the 60xx

Ammo one thing I can say about these past few days is that they do NOT like repetitive questions.... they will get angry with you and tell you about yourself. They are very blunt.... Lisa you need to stop asking too many questions most of us don't have your answers and if we do they are what we have read on here some where else online or something an official at Transit relayed to us... please understand that Lisa...

What we found out today is that people who were calling from the lists were skipping people and calling people they knew or calling people for someone else. That is one thing they said they are fixing now... That's why some people in the 5 thousands haven't been called yet because they have been skipped....it's supposed to go in order

to my co-workers : ladies & gentlemen . we just lost two more people yesterday and within the last two weeks 6 people all together. two supervisors , 1 conductor, 1 cleaner and a bus driver. when i was a full time union rep under roger toussaint administration i remember cornell university , osha & nycosh did a study down here in the mta and there was a 7 year window of death down here. 4 years towards retirement or 3 years after retirement the average transit worker would die down here due to cancer or diabetes. we breathe over 30 things that give you cancer. some of the things are ( 1) steel dust , 2) asbestos , 3) gum remover , 4)industrial strength bleach , 5) urine from the homeless , public, co-workers in the subways.6) track fire soot, 7)sewage , 8) graffiti remover that's just some of the stuff. any one of them alone by itself can give you cancer. but you have those and more working in your body. that's why its good to detox every 6 months and do a daily blood cleanser with oil of oregano p73 . get the poisons out of your body. when ever i have a health issues i'm not afraid of the doctor. early detection is the best cure. ignoring it or thinking the silly notion as some do to think what you don't know won't hurt you is just foolish!!!!!! if you have to lose sick time or spend a little time on sick control so what!! getting your health back on track is more important then your family losing you !!!

This was just posted on mta websight..something you guys should think about,while in school car we was told this as well by tss and to's

Those statistics are very similar to what I've heard about the average retiree. I can tell you firsthand at least 3 people i know that started within the last 1-5 years have developed breathing problems, there's obviously more. There are several other much more common health problems related with this type of work.

to my co-workers : ladies & gentlemen . we just lost two more people yesterday and within the last two weeks 6 people all together. two supervisors , 1 conductor, 1 cleaner and a bus driver. when i was a full time union rep under roger toussaint administration i remember cornell university , osha & nycosh did a study down here in the mta and there was a 7 year window of death down here. 4 years towards retirement or 3 years after retirement the average transit worker would die down here due to cancer or diabetes. we breathe over 30 things that give you cancer. some of the things are ( 1) steel dust , 2) asbestos , 3) gum remover , 4)industrial strength bleach , 5) urine from the homeless , public, co-workers in the subways.6) track fire soot, 7)sewage , 8) graffiti remover that's just some of the stuff. any one of them alone by itself can give you cancer. but you have those and more working in your body. that's why its good to detox every 6 months and do a daily blood cleanser with oil of oregano p73 . get the poisons out of your body. when ever i have a health issues i'm not afraid of the doctor. early detection is the best cure. ignoring it or thinking the silly notion as some do to think what you don't know won't hurt you is just foolish!!!!!! if you have to lose sick time or spend a little time on sick control so what!! getting your health back on track is more important then your family losing you !!!

This was just posted on mta websight..something you guys should think about,while in school car we was told this as well by tss and to's

Do you have a link to this chicken scratch, and a link to the Cornell study? Also what detox do you recommend?

Archived