Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never in my life heard of extending an exam 2 years. Why did the Mta do that? when DCAS administered the conductor exam it was given in 2004 and 2008, then the Mta took over the exam and extended it for two years????? I can't believe this test was given in 2008 and it's still being used! That's INSANE

Lisa your annoying for real just focus on your pre employment nobody cares you should call mrs Vargas but if the list was gone you would not got a letter so you should think before you speak I think I speak for majority of us your becoming a pain in the ass

Lisa your annoying for real just focus on your pre employment nobody cares you should call mrs Vargas but if the list was gone you would not got a letter so you should think before you speak I think I speak for majority of us your becoming a pain in the ass

Whatever, bro. Just ignore her. That's what I'm doing. She clearly doesn't know her ass from her elbow. She's made enemies here already. I can imagine how many more she'll make in class.

"I would like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee."

- Joe DiMaggio

I got a letter today. I have to report on August 22.

Congrats, bro. If you want or need any advice I'm always here.

- Joe DiMaggio

are you high Lisa?

Dude, just ignore her stupid annoying ass. No one cares.

- Joe DiMaggio

Jma cause that can be a new tread am happy for the folks going doing for the final process sick of seeing that say bullshit when the answer to her questions have been posted over and over again.

Jma cause that can be a new tread am happy for the folks going doing for the final process sick of seeing that say bullshit when the answer to her questions have been posted over and over again.

I know, bro. So am I. I hope they make it like you & I did. I'm sick of her bullshit, too. She brought it on herself. Just let that idiot keep digging her own hole. It's only gonna get deeper before it's too late.

- Joe DiMaggio

Thanks guys for the congrats. A huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders lol

You are welcome, dude. Anytime. Now you know how we felt LOL!

- Joe DiMaggio

This may be wrong to say..... I don't want to get stuck in a class with her.

There's nothing wrong about it. No worries. Like I said just ignore her & just do you. It'll work itself out. You'll be fine. Do what you're told and keep your nose clean. Trust me.

- Joe DiMaggio

I've never in my life heard of extending an exam 2 years. Why did the Mta do that? when DCAS administered the conductor exam it was given in 2004 and 2008, then the Mta took over the exam and extended it for two years????? I can't believe this test was given in 2008 and it's still being used! That's INSANE

Not only MTA, but DCAS does it as well...from my perspective, it's on a list-by-list basis, and it gives those other people on the list a chance to get hired...whether it happens or not is a different story. This also gives the MTA or DCAS (depending on what specific position) a little more time to hold another civil service exam, to put a list together, etc.

Not only MTA, but DCAS does it as well...from my perspective, it's on a list-by-list basis, and it gives those other people on the list a chance to get hired...whether it happens or not is a different story. This also gives the MTA or DCAS (depending on what specific position) a little more time to hold another civil service exam, to put a list together, etc.

It took me 8 years to finally get called thinking I never would but here I am now. My patience paid off. I took the Conductor exam twice. Once back in 2008 & then most recently on May 22nd. I got my letter early back in May before the second exam & took my drug test. Aced it. Got called for another drug test & aced that one as well. Two weeks later I got that elusive call and email from Mrs. Vargas telling me to come in for my medical & final processing. I'm living proof that patience is a virtue & that you just need to give it time. I got hired on what is called an "outstanding certification." They're hiring like mad right now. If you get your letter in the mail don't let it pass you by. You'll be giving up a great job.

- Joe DiMaggio

It took me 8 years to finally get called thinking I never would but here I am now. My patience paid off. I took the Conductor twice. Once back in 2008 & then most recently on May 22nd. I got my letter early in May before the second exam & took my drug test. Aced it. Got called for another drug test & aced that one as well. Two weeks later I got that elusive call and email from Mrs. Vargas telling me to come in for my medical & final processing. I'm living proof that patience is a virtue & that you just need to give it time. I got hired on what is called an "outstanding certification." They're hiring like mad right now. If you get your letter in the mail don't let it pass you by. You'll be giving up a great job.

- Joe DiMaggio

hey man same here. I am glad for the opportunity to come. I've always wanted to work for the MTA ever since I was a kid. It was the first city exam I took. It's good to have patience lol.

hey man same here. I am glad for the opportunity to come. I've always wanted to work for the MTA ever since I was a kid. It was the first city exam I took. It's good to have patience lol.

Awesome, bro. First exam I ever took including this was NYPD. I'm so happy I never became a cop. We'll be making more than them any way. You have no idea how excited I am.

- Joe DiMaggio

I agree. A lot of times in instances like this one that's all you can do. It paid off!

- Joe DiMaggio

Good night guys, need your opinion. The first day of orientation they ask that we wear lace up boot. I went to a couple of major shoes store Footlocker etc, however I could find any boots for my small size 5 1/2 women feet. I work along side Amtrak & NJ conductors and I see a lot of them wearing the ACG boots. One conductor actually sold me a new pair today, that her son did want to wear. It looks somewhat like a sneaker, but it not. Google ACG boots and let me know what you guys think. I don't want to get in no problems on my first day. Appearantly these boots are very popular with train/bus drivers

Good night guys, need your opinion. The first day of orientation they ask that we wear lace up boot. I went to a couple of major shoes store Footlocker etc, however I could find any boots for my small size 5 1/2 women feet. I work along side Amtrak & NJ conductors and I see a lot of them wearing the ACG boots. One conductor actually sold me a new pair today, that her son did want to wear. It looks somewhat like a sneaker, but it not. Google ACG boots and let me know what you guys think. I don't want to get in no problems on my first day. Appearantly these boots are very popular with train/bus drivers

Oops! I thought we come into orientation wearing like a nice shirt, slacks and dress shoes to look business. We have to wear boots on that day?

- Joe DiMaggio

I wear ACG boots for my job now and I found them to be comfortable and durable.

I wear ACG boots for my job now and I found them to be comfortable and durable.

I just googled it and a lot of them do look like sneakers. I want it to look more official and not something I would wear to hang out with the fellas. Found one pair for like $70.00 and up. I'm not paying an arm and a leg for boots. In my previous post like I mentioned for our first day I thought we just wear like dress clothes & the boots on like the 2nd or 3rd day.

- Joe DiMaggio

What do you think of these?

http://m.eastbay.com/index.cfm?uri=product&model=159963&sku=56975001&SID=7726&inceptor=1&cm_mmc=SEM-_-PLA-_-Google-_-56975001&gclid=CP6V-4XuxM4CFYokhgodYa0DoQ

- Joe DiMaggio

I just googled it and a lot of them do look like sneakers. I want it to look more official and not something I would wear to hang out with the fellas. Found one pair for like $70.00 and up. I'm not paying an arm and a leg for boots. In my previous post like I mentioned for our first day I thought we just wear like dress clothes & the boots on like the 2nd or 3rd day.

- Joe DiMaggio

yeah they do have a sneaker look. I found a pair of sketchers boots that dont look like sneakers plus they are low top boots.

yeah they do have a sneaker look. I found a pair of sketchers boots that dont look like sneakers plus they are low top boots.

Yeah, bro. I'll look them up, too. Thank you.

- Joe DiMaggio

Found these, too, bro.

https://www.skechers.com/en-us/style/77010/work-relaxed-fit-workshire-condor/BLK?cm_mmc=cse-_-google-_-productsearch-_-09&CAWELAID=120015390000328947&CAGPSPN=pla&CAAGID=18554539877&CATCI=pla-104051109412&catargetid=120015390000369806&cadevice=m&gclid=CLG97P_vxM4CFcNahgodTV0L8A

- Joe DiMaggio

About Damn time lol see I told you they will call you! Congrats and get ready for these late late nights and early early mornings...

thanks. They sent my letter on Friday. Funny I called and she said they haven't reached my number.
not bad. Try Amazon too.

https://www.amazon.com/Skechers-Mens-Mariner-Utility-Boot/dp/B000ARF6Z2

thanks. They sent my letter on Friday. Funny I called and she said they haven't reached my number.

not bad. Try Amazon too.

I am. Thanks.

- Joe DiMaggio

Stupid question, so that means no dress pants either on the first day?

- Joe DiMaggio

not bad. Try Amazon too.

Not bad, dude.

- Joe DiMaggio

I am. Thanks.

- Joe DiMaggio

Stupid question, so that means no dress pants either on the first day?

- Joe DiMaggio

Not bad, dude.

- Joe DiMaggio

I know, I have a pair and they have held up pretty good and, they are comfortable. 

Archived