Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

The last class so far that started is July 17, 2017. They say the next one might be September 2017, no exact date. I went to pre-employment on 6/20 and they say i will get a call or email 3-90 days. My score was 83** I also retake the new Conductor test 6601 which I got a better score based on the answers. Those who went in for pre-employment 7/20/17 is the last batch from the list 8094 which will expire 2/16/2018.

I am just wondering why would you say it's the last batch? Do you know that for sure? Or is that your opinion? If this is true why are others still being called for preemployment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its going good very easy job. They got me doing evening right now and i still got weekends off for now. Did u get a pre employment letter yet?

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Lol no hun... I just happened to call DCAS on 8/30 and I hear I'm on an outstanding certification so I was pleased about that but there is still 5 more months before this list ends supposedly.So I'm just patiently waiting to see if I get one. In my earlier post I mentioned my list number was rather high but last year I was offered a cleaners position. Who knows I will just remain positive. Anything is possible especially due to the fact MTA offers other jobs in the meantime. I also took the 6601 so will see. I just love the energy in this forum. Thanks for reading and responding.

Lol no hun... I just happened to call DCAS on 8/30 and I hear I'm on an outstanding certification so I was pleased about that but there is still 5 more months before this list ends supposedly.So I'm just patiently waiting to see if I get one. In my earlier post I mentioned my list number was rather high but last year I was offered a cleaners position. Who knows I will just remain positive. Anything is possible especially due to the fact MTA offers other jobs in the meantime. I also took the 6601 so will see. I just love the energy in this forum. Thanks for reading and responding.

Ok np good luck!!

I also believe the list is not in one persons hands at 180 because I read your list number was in the 74** and someone else was in 75** and they got their preemployment letter before you... did I read right? If you can remember.

Just to say my list #10,1** very high but some people behind me have taken other spots that were offered

I know once people get their letters they no longer enjoy chatting in forums and that's fine, but I want others to speak out and let others know what's going on? Please

I'm thinking this means that they're hiring people from the 8094 list at least for the Sep. 11th classes, and possibly for classes later in September.

So are you waiting on a letter and if so what's your list #?

I also believe the list is not in one persons hands at 180 because I read your list number was in the 74** and someone else was in 75** and they got their preemployment letter before you... did I read right? If you can remember.

Just to say my list #10,1** very high but some people behind me have taken other spots that were offered

I know once people get their letters they no longer enjoy chatting in forums and that's fine, but I want others to speak out and let others know what's going on? Please

Im not sure how they was doing it but yes a person with 75xx got a letter before me i dont know why . they also almost forgot to send me my email after i had did my drug test screening and all my paperwork i had to call the person in charge to ask about it. And she apologized and said she usually don't skip people. Im glad i had called to find out and thats how i ended up in the june class. You have to stay on them and ask questions. Because there only humans and everyone makes mistakes. Good luck

Im not sure how they was doing it but yes a person with 75xx got a letter before me i dont know why . they also almost forgot to send me my email after i had did my drug test screening and all my paperwork i had to call the person in charge to ask about it. And she apologized and said she usually don't skip people. Im glad i had called to find out and thats how i ended up in the june class. You have to stay on them and ask questions. Because there only humans and everyone makes mistakes. Good luck

Well I must agree on everyone makes mistakes...and thanks for the info

Does anyone have a round about time when the background investigation is complete? is it done before you start or complete training?  Is it done before you finish your year probation?  Also what would the non criminal disqualifications be?  also I'm sure many people hold on to other jobs at some point during training ie, med leave vacation burnout etc... would not filling out the dual employment form cause a firing?    

They have until you finish probation to complete it. If something comes up afterwards that you didn't tell them about, they will pull you from class (or the road) to address it, even terminating your employment if you lied..so tell the truth and be thorough.

Non criminal disqualifications would include lying about anything on your application that isn't criminal...such as (for CR) faking graduating high school or a GED program, lying about any of your personal information, or otherwise misrepresenting anything about yourself (such as veteran's status) that determined your eligibility for a class. It can also include if anything comes up that you filled out in your application, such as parking tickets, etc. that weren't disclosed, but don't rise to the level of a criminal case.

How long is school car. And is orientation. A week?

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

From my understanding its between 6-8 wks depending on the division your placed in A or B. They say B division is about a week longer because of the various equipment. Somebody else my respond as well but I read that in this forum.

Archived