Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im in the early 2400's, is there anyone that has insight whether ill be called at least by next year? the list expires 2/16/2015 but they moving like turtles. 

sorry for the delayed response as i know how high the anticipation is when wondering when you will get those letters and calls. I was in the 1690's, did pre-employment on 10/25 and medical and final processing on 12/10 the day i was also sworn in and given my start date of 12/16. Unfortunately you can really never determine how long it will take them to contact you. i kept calling dcas since last summer (2012) when i found out the last hire was in the 1200's and they only recently contacted me. the best advice I can give you is to just be patient and be ready when they call you so there are no delays in the hiring process. have all of your paper work ready. good luck and just as Postal 1 stated FOLLOW THIS FORUM!! It provides good insider information that you would not have access to otherwise.

I see they have appointed 1710 as of yesterday and to me early 2400's isnt too far cause i have 700 people to go.  But i believe at 2100 they started taking people from exam 8094 for bus operators so im crossing my fingers hoping that they will have slots that are taken from those people ahead of me. 

I see they have appointed 1710 as of yesterday and to me early 2400's isnt too far cause i have 700 people to go.  But i believe at 2100 they started taking people from exam 8094 for bus operators so im crossing my fingers hoping that they will have slots that are taken from those people ahead of me. 

They seem to be calling up around 100+ people a month now for several months. If it was me I'd expect a letter sometime in the early spring.

lets hope they don't give out an exam shortly after cause then they'll be forced to extend the already list for exam 8094. if they give out another exam then this list is definitely dead 2/16/2015. listen 18,484 passed and if they cant hire atleast 3,000 people like last time then somebody or something is wrong.

Hello I am new to this site. I am going to ask a question that has been probably asked a billion times but, I was recently hired by the M.T.A as a conductor. I report on January 12 2014 now I know so far I report to 130 Livingston Plaza for the first to days and on the 3rd day I have to report to P.S 248. I was just curious to know what happens after that.

Hello I am new to this site. I am going to ask a question that has been probably asked a billion times but, I was recently hired by the M.T.A as a conductor. I report on January 12 2014 now I know so far I report to 130 Livingston Plaza for the first to days and on the 3rd day I have to report to P.S 248. I was just curious to know what happens after that.

You're hired, what are you worried about? You'll be briefed on a bunch of stuff and then you follow through accordingly to schoolcar.

First day went smooth. Mostly all paper work (ex: picked health plans, explained pension n 401k etc). They did mention that MTA is in the middle of a hiring blitz doing classes of almost 100 at a time and it doesn't look to be slowing down anytime soon so for all those still waiting just stay patient. I know what it's like to have questions that you have no idea where to get the answers and this forum helped me a lot so I will continue updating you guys and hopefully providing some useful insight. Good luck to all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First day went smooth. Mostly all paper work (ex: picked health plans, explained pension n 401k etc). They did mention that MTA is in the middle of a hiring blitz doing classes of almost 100 at a time and it doesn't look to be slowing down anytime soon so for all those still waiting just stay patient. I know what it's like to have questions that you have no idea where to get the answers and this forum helped me a lot so I will continue updating you guys and hopefully providing some useful insight. Good luck to all!

+1 on what OFlow said... 

Plenty of info today.. Looking forward tomorrow and so on... 

Stay positive people you will get called.

What List Number Are U Guys?

edit: Oh Ya'll Are Already In Schoolcar

Ehh Well Thanks For The Info Guys 

Notified today that this list will be extended thru 2016 so don't lose hope of being hired if your still on the list waiting. They said they're doing classes of nearly 100 a month so you guys do the math of where u are on the list and how far they can possibly reach in the next 2 years

Notified today that this list will be extended thru 2016 so don't lose hope of being hired if your still on the list waiting. They said they're doing classes of nearly 100 a month so you guys do the math of where u are on the list and how far they can possibly reach in the next 2 years

That Pretty Huge News That Should Get Its Own Thread 

to LMDNYC i dont know where you get 100 classes but i spoke to the horse and got is straight from the mouth of the hiring female shivers that they are doing 60 a month as of now and they are up to 1786 and 2100 people have been notified of a possible chance with employment following processing. As for extensions thru 2016 please give alittle more concrete info and your approximate list number so we have a better idea of whats going on. By the way im in the  early 2400's. She said summertime would be approximate call for me. Heres an article from www.NY1.com stating the need for more conductors because of increased service. The more train service=the more conductors. 

md_mtab51b1be9-06b0-47dc-9d7b-a293cd1f02

MTA To Boost Number Of Trains On Select Lines

Some lucky transit riders may see a difference in their daily commutes as the MTA decided to boost the number of round trips on lines that have increased ridership.11/08/2013 07:11 PM

to LMDNYC i dont know where you get 100 classes but i spoke to the horse and got is straight from the mouth of the hiring female shivers that they are doing 60 a month as of now and they are up to 1786 and 2100 people have been notified of a possible chance with employment following processing. As for extensions thru 2016 please give alittle more concrete info and your approximate list number so we have a better idea of whats going on. By the way im in the  early 2400's. She said summertime would be approximate call for me. Heres an article from www.NY1.com stating the need for more conductors because of increased service. The more train service=the more conductors. 

Some lucky transit riders may see a difference in their daily commutes as the MTA decided to boost the number of round trips on lines that have increased ridership.11/08/2013 07:11 PM

I Never Said Anything About 100 People Classes, 2 Other People Said That, I Wasnt One Of Em 

He just quoted that from someone in the forum, he didn't actually say it. I particularly said that they seem to be calling upwards of 100 people a month lately. They definitely are stepping it up with the calling that's for sure. Anyway I don't think the classes themselves have 100 people in them, hell I wouldn't wanna be in a huge class like that anyway, unless of course  that's the way it is. I'll soon find out on January 13th, that's the date of the next class.

The misunderstanding lies in the fact that there were nearly 100 new hires in the room when the speaker at transit made that statement. I assumed we were all conductors, I was unaware that some of them were cleaners. There are 53 conductors in the December 16th classSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xenter there are 53 ppl in the December 16th class and we were told that we will be broken down into smaller groups when schoolcar beginsSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The misunderstanding lies in the fact that there were nearly 100 new hires in the room when the speaker at transit made that statement. I assumed we were all conductors, I was unaware that some of them were cleaners. There are 53 conductors in the December 16th classSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xenter there are 53 ppl in the December 16th class and we were told that we will be broken down into smaller groups when schoolcar beginsSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aha! yeah that makes much more sense now. Regardless, I still knew what you meant.

MY Fault LMDNYC since I'm faulting the wrong person but OFlow where did you hear that they are extending the list? It hasn't even come close to ending. I forget how they explained it but an extension is questionable. I also ask questions because I don't know it all even though the other person might be frustrated but the MTA process is not easily accessible to the public and I appreciate the people posting here helping me that is why I am dedicating my little info to others. Anything is possible and nothing is for certain but I will say that if you have past 4,000 if they don't extend the list don't put all your eggs in one basket. About 14,484 passed and they hired 3,025 approximately from the last list. But I am being optimistic and if OFlow is right then there is indeed hope.

Straphanger I'm in the class that started this week and I heard it directly from the only person capable of extending that list. I can't recall his name right now because we've met so many ppl this month but anyone else in the class on this forum will back that statement. He said he's extending it to maybe 2016

Archived