Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I spoke to Ms. Shivers and she stated as of today  last hired is 2015...and according to my list # 234_, I should be called by next month, March or the latest April...its getting closer....cant wait!!!! there will be a class every month of 60 people per class, so for those of you waiting along with me, your time should be coming soon.

I spoke to Ms. Shivers and she stated as of today  last hired is 2015...and according to my list # 234_, I should be called by next month, March or the latest April...its getting closer....cant wait!!!! there will be a class every month of 60 people per class, so for those of you waiting along with me, your time should be coming soon.

Wow that means I am a little ahead of you but not by much. I hope I have enough time to fill out my form after getting the social security statement next week. (can't afford it this week otherwise I would have) list number is between 2150 and 2175. If you at 234_ might get called next month I don't have as much time in that case.

Try to get the paper work ASAP.....personally, I think it's more like April ,May ,for me, but I'm just saying what she told me...who knows?.....but at least I hope it will be before the summer....good luck!!!!

Also, a lot of people on here and even my neighbor, (who's a bus driver) said it takes like 2 months from the first DT for them to call you...took DT 2weeks ago, I still have a ways to go....I think she just said that to be nice...I don't know...leave it in Gods hands

Sounds exciting...how many books?...should we bring a nice size book bag when it's our turn, or a little suitcase?

And thanks for sharing about your day....it's nice to hear about what you are doing, so we who are waiting have an idea of what to expect...thanks again

They will let you know the day before to bring in a big bag. And we were allowed to chose our division on the second day in the union building. I chose b division. They had 20 spots for A division and 40 for B division position.

Sounds exciting...how many books?...should we bring a nice size book bag when it's our turn, or a little suitcase?

And thanks for sharing about your day....it's nice to hear about what you are doing, so we who are waiting have an idea of what to expect...thanks again

I'd recommend a large backback, some prefer a gym bag, but be advised that's it's a lot of weight. There will be three large books including the Rulebook and bulletins and a smaller book for new tech equipment. You may also want to keep a folded up Duane Reade or large shopping bag for the day you are issued the radio (with associated gear in a box) and Escape Mask. Be prepared to carry all of this with you everyday.

You should clear a bookshelf in your house for ALL of the books and manuals that you are issued. Some items like the Rulebook you will continue to carry after schoolcar, but others you will not have to. You must make sure you don't lose any of it though, because you will need to give it back if you promote, retire, resign, or otherwise leave the job and I understand that there is a costly fine for not having them.

I'd recommend a large backback, some prefer a gym bag, but be advised that's it's a lot of weight. There will be three large books including the Rulebook and bulletins and a smaller book for new tech equipment. You may also want to keep a folded up Duane Reade or large shopping bag for the day you are issued the radio (with associated gear in a box) and Escape Mask. Be prepared to carry all of this with you everyday.

You should clear a bookshelf in your house for ALL of the books and manuals that you are issued. Some items like the Rulebook you will continue to carry after schoolcar, but others you will not have to. You must make sure you don't lose any of it though, because you will need to give it back if you promote, retire, resign, or otherwise leave the job and I understand that there is a costly fine for not having them.

OK wait... so they give us books but will want them back if our position changes???

Also, what's an escape mask? You say we'll need to carry a gym bag worth of stuff every day?

Get a back pack. If you ride the subway and look into the conductors cab. You will get an idea of the size you will need. If you are at a terminal oa end of the line you will see train crews going to and from their trains so the bag you buy will be with you at least to the end o probation (which is 1 year). You'll also need a good leather belt to attach you radio an other things. Try a uniform store. Transit doesn't supply one.

During orientation. Before you get to school car. The pass is only for you. Not your family. If anyone but you uses it and transit finds out u will be fired. This will be explained to u. The pass is your id along with your badge. Don't lose either.

Archived