Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One more piece of advice - go to Staples and buy a box of black bic pens. Take that box and distribute them among your backpack's pockets, your coat pockets, etc. Until I did that, I could never find a pen when I really needed one, and sometimes when I did dig one out of the bottom of my bag, it wouldn't work. Remember, everything that a conductor writes MUST be in black ink.

I keep forgetting to ask when filling out the 20 page thing if I need more than 8 pages (since I hear it needs to include periods of unemployment) I would make a copy of one of the pages to fill out extras. Now what I am wondering is although it says don't remove the staple (which you need to in order to make the copies properly) how do we add in the extra pages? Later in the instructions it tells something like add them in and at the end add it to the count of pages, or do we just add the extra pages at the end of the application? Also how does that fit in when writing in the page count? I am sure I had other questions before I go in tomorrow I will probably end up posting more today.

Ok some more quick questions... this is 2nd DT and final processing correct? (took the first DT in feb). So what do I expect when I go in? Same as last time to start but then the medical after? Also, if I pass the medical without being put on hold I thought I read somewhere they give us paperwork and send us to 130 Livingston to get sworn in or how does that work? If I don't pass, I get a different set and need to see my doctor to get medical clearance, then go back to 180 to get the first set then go to 130 and get sworn in as soon as I get my doctor to fill out whatever then just come in?

Then let's say we get sworn in tomorrow (or whatever day) what is the next step? Orientation then classes? How long is the next wait? How long till first paycheck? When does that start? Just so I have an idea, plus I know it's good for others about to go through this to know as well.

Thanks in advance...

If you need extra pages, just keep them stapled together separate from the booklet, and make sure your name and phone # are written on the top of each page. You'll keep the paperwork with you up until the interview.

Your second visit is going to focus primarily on the medical screening. It is quite thorough and most new employees do not pass it on the first day (when I did it, only 6 of 30 people there passed). If you don't pass, you'll be given instructions on what you need to do with your own doctor. If you do pass, then you move on to a one on one interview, which mostly focuses on your paperwork. If everything is up to their satisfaction, then you will get sworn in, fingerprinted, and have a photo taken for your pass, and given your first set of books. You'll also be given the date and location for your first day of orientation, which is also the first day you'll officially be an MTA employee (technically the Sunday of that week, since your days off will be S&S and Monday will be your first day on the job). We get paid every other Thursday, so your first paycheck will be either the second or third Thursday after orientation begins. You will choose where to pick up your check at the same time that you choose A or B division, most dispatcher offices and towers are pay locations.

I spoke to Ms.Shivers and she said within a month I will be called ...this was the day before yesterday., so I'm thinking I'll get called April ,maybe start class in May or June ...now here is my concern, I have a daughter who is graduating HS this June, .if in school car by that time, will I be excused for that day without penalty, or will I be forced to miss my babygirls graduation?...a little stressed over this...any answers would be appreciated ....thanks

Someone who hasn't gotten the call yet, please when you do get the letter or the phone call please write down the full url for this thread on a piece of paper, put it in an envelope and write her name on it. Take it with you when you report and have someone, anyone pass it along to her.

My point is I have a feeling if so many people have questions here she probably wouldn't mind answering them here and in turn it would save her time by cutting down the number of phone calls she receives.

What are you suppose to do if you working on the train and suddenly have to take a dump? shyt? or better yet if you have diarrhea? If your breakfast or lunch runs through your stomach I guess that tiny cab is gonna be victimized.

This is a good question to ask when in schoolcar. If it's a true emergency, call it in and you will be accommodated. For the love of god, do NOT soil the cab! I need to share it with you!!!

you just have to call RCC and let them know that u need to take a Confort , they will tell you what to do .....

Someone who hasn't gotten the call yet, please when you do get the letter or the phone call please write down the full url for this thread on a piece of paper, put it in an envelope and write her name on it. Take it with you when you report and have someone, anyone pass it along to her.

My point is I have a feeling if so many people have questions here she probably wouldn't mind answering them here and in turn it would save her time by cutting down the number of phone calls she receives.

I got sworn in today as a conductor. See ya March 31st for orientation! btw I was the last person for that class it is now officially full.

Also... I gave Ms. Shivers the site today while I was there I wrote it down for her and handed it to her. Way ahead of ya lol

I got sworn in today as a conductor. See ya March 31st for orientation! btw I was the last person for that class it is now officially full.

Also... I gave Ms. Shivers the site today while I was there I wrote it down for her and handed it to her. Way ahead of ya lol

Hey guys,

I was also sworn in but I will be in the April 28 orientation. Probably went in right after NYTech2000 walked out because everyone before me got the March 31 orientation LOL. 

You'll be up soon Vee!  :D 

Hey guys,

I was also sworn in but I will be in the April 28 orientation. Probably went in right after NYTech2000 walked out because everyone before me got the March 31 orientation LOL. 

Hey JLHB,

Congratulations !!!!! And thanks for the well wishes....what's your list number range again?

Congratulations NYTECH...the list is moving...so now they will be looking to fill the April class, I assume....when you gave her the info, what did she say, what was her reaction?

She feels like she's an internet celebrity lol. Seriously though she thinks it's cool and wants to check out the site. First time I was there I didn't have the site written down but you can tell she was flattered that so many people are talking about how nice she is on here. This time I made sure to write it down for her and bring it in she was happy for it and said she's gonna check it out. As RTOPRO said I am sure it would help her too checking out and answering questions on here so she isn't so swamped with calls that people on here keep referring her for.

I really found it funny though how I get home from there and just gave her the site and someone on here is saying please someobody or anybody get the info to her.

you guys getting called arent putting your list number or range in here. Please do so so other people can approximate when they'll be called. Oh by the way i hear if a customer spits on you there is nothing you can do only if youre bleeding then the motorman and you can call it in and for no reason can you keep a train in the station. So if you need to make a report then you wont be able to until your shift is up for minor things and people can report you then have you suspended while transit takes their time to investigate. We all know how fuked up new yorkers are especially the ones riding the subways, bums, teenagers, the ones that think your a peasant for working on a train etc

Hey guys,

I'm in the early 2170s...

you guys getting called arent putting your list number or range in here. Please do so so other people can approximate when they'll be called. Oh by the way i hear if a customer spits on you there is nothing you can do only if youre bleeding then the motorman and you can call it in and for no reason can you keep a train in the station. So if you need to make a report then you wont be able to until your shift is up for minor things and people can report you then have you suspended while transit takes their time to investigate. We all know how fuked up new yorkers are especially the ones riding the subways, bums, teenagers, the ones that think your a peasant for working on a train etc

Are we reading the same thread Straphanger? Early 2170's are now the start of the April 28th class. Before this week was 2015 I think they stopped at for last month's class so you can get a rough estimate on how many they will call for next month's round. Anyways when Ms. Shivers comes on these forums if decides to participate then she'd have accurate information.

Didn't read into the rulebook yet but it sounds probably right. Try doing retail though get stuck in that for years people are just as bad for that too but the pay and benefits are comparatively nonexistent there. Who cares if they think you're a peasant for working on the trains? Honestly look at what's out there not a whole lot better anywhere else certainly not for the same qualifications needed for this job. Let them think what they want just do your job that's what counts. Most of the people looking down on you probably have worse jobs anyway no need to stress over it.

Ooh I forgot to ask when does medical coverage kick in? How long after you begin orientation? The people on these forums have been immensely helpful so thanks again.

Asking about the medical because less than a month into orientation they will drop my current medical so wondering now since there will be a break in prescriptions for certain things I am wondering how long most likely.

My list number is 2400-2425 , I went for drug test Feb 25 and I know 90 days its good for but im thinking atleast by may 25 they should reach me cause if not I gotta do the drug test all over again. Who thinks there is hope for me? I mean I have my own but just interested in what you people think. 

My list number is 2400-2425 , I went for drug test Feb 25 and I know 90 days its good for but im thinking atleast by may 25 they should reach me cause if not I gotta do the drug test all over again. Who thinks there is hope for me? I mean I have my own but just interested in what you people think. 

As a guess you will definitely get called with that number, but at the rate they appear to be going now you MIGHT get called just before that date for your medical or the month after that. Again, just a guess though but don't count on it just to be on the safe side.

Yes sir I believe that one sounds better. Im just looking for some reassuring because I need to make some moves.

Hello every one I took DT Feb 11 my list # is in range of 2240-2255 do you guys think I could make April class

Archived