Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just spoke to Mrs. Shivers and she said the last number appointed is 2182. I told her my number and she said that I should be getting a call in May ,June, or July. By the way im 2400-2425 range. I have already taken the first drug test. But i only have til May 26 til it expires. There is still medical (2nd appointment) and final processing (3rd appointment). Good luck to me!

I just spoke to Mrs. Shivers and she said the last number appointed is 2182. I told her my number and she said that I should be getting a call in May ,June, or July. By the way im 2400-2425 range. I have already taken the first drug test. But i only have til May 26 til it expires. There is still medical (2nd appointment) and final processing (3rd appointment). Good luck to me!

Told ya it might be that range, she's the one to ask though. Funny the DCAS hotline supposedly updated their information yesterday and claimed I am on an outstanding certification (I go back for orientation March 31st and have my pass # and employee ID #) and that the last appointed was still 1919. Clearly that info is behind. At 2182 being the last currently appointed I practically just made it in this month's pick.

I have some questions now.. what's the difference between the BlueCross/ BlueShield and the United Healthcare.... which one is better? Also the papers they give here for the BlueCross/ BlueShield I don't see a difference between the basic and the high options. Also, do we need this paperwork filled out before orientation or just bring it with us to orientation and they go over it with us then? Also... what's Transitchek about? Ii thought we get a unlimited pass already when employed how is that different? Plus someone in a different thread mentioned taking advantage of MTA perks that recently got hired, what is that anyway?

During the interview it was mentioned that I can use my employee ID number to login to a website to find out about options like schooling and help with payment, and unpaid internships in other departments (if I chose to finish my degree while working one position then going for a different one later on and all that) and I figured the site would be in the documentation I got that day but I don't see anything yet.

Last question, I got new employee info package, rules and regulations and I think an ethics book how much of that do we need to at least read before orientation starts? I wanna try and get my permit renewed before then too since it will expire a month later so I don't wanna get signs and signals for that mixed with what I am gonna need to know for schoolcar . Sorry I just wanna make sure I am prepared when I go or do something usually. I'd rather ask a lot of questions ahead of time when I think of them and feel more comfortable when the time comes rather than not ask till after and feel unsure of something or risk making a mistake. I guess that's just my personality.

@tim I took the DT on Feb.11th...I think its a sure shot that we get called for april class.. alot of people with list numbers this high opted for bus operator..so it should be even quicker

@jucony I hope so I passed up on bus operator.id rather take conductor position a little less pay but don't as stressful!

@vee I hope we make April class keep your fingers crossed I was gonna call ms S today and see what's going on but I decides to wait about a week.Shes such a nice lady

Well with my number in the 2340s, not sure...maybe may...but who knows, could be April since a lot of people took the bus operator position...I might call her by the end of the week to check status again. What's you range again?

Archived