Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No not today....was planning on calling tomorrow...I have a question anyway for her...I asked here, but I guess no one knew the answer, so I better ask her directly.....I'll let u know tomorrow

Oh by the way i hear if a customer spits on you there is nothing you can do only if youre bleeding then the motorman and you can call it in and for no reason can you keep a train in the station. So if you need to make a report then you wont be able to until your shift is up for minor things and people can report you then have you suspended while transit takes their time to investigate. We all know how fuked up new yorkers are especially the ones riding the subways, bums, teenagers, the ones that think your a peasant for working on a train etc

You can refuse to move the train until control dispatches police & medical to you (ALWAYS ALWAYS request police and medical in the event of any customer assault, no matter how minor). If they try to give you any excuses then tell them to send a TSS and another crew to relieve you, because you are no longer fit to operate.

You can refuse to move the train until control dispatches police & medical to you (ALWAYS ALWAYS request police and medical in the event of any customer assault, no matter how minor). If they try to give you any excuses then tell them to send a TSS and another crew to relieve you, because you are no longer fit to operate.

Yeah that's true. Regardless though you're still gonna take flak from control for not moving the train and even the TSS might not be entirely on your side when it comes to spitting.

Does anyone know about parking your car in the yards? I received a score of 94.555 and my list number is 2,620 so I am thinking I shall get called around October, November, or December which is cool.. I rather drive to work then take the bus and train as it will save me a lot of time.

Does anyone know about parking your car in the yards? I received a score of 94.555 and my list number is 2,620 so I am thinking I shall get called around October, November, or December which is cool.. I rather drive to work then take the bus and train as it will save me a lot of time.

I am not sure you'd even be allowed to drive your car to work from what I've been reading on here. At the rate they are calling people you might be called a little sooner than that even.

Well I hope its later then sooner as I am now collecting a pension from the Federal Government . I retired last year with 35 years of service, and collecting 2,600.00 net with Federal taxes out and my medical. There is no state/city tax on pension. And if you can drive to work why not it's easier and will take you less time right. I hope you are wrong with this. But I know there is parking in the Corona yards at #7 train so was thinking its light that throughout the system but if you know please share thanks...

Driving your car to work is one of those gray areas.

First, the authority provides you with a lifetime pass which is also your ID. That pass is your insurance against being late and should you be involved in sometime of accident where you are injured the authority will compensate you.

Second, if you are involved in a car accident on your way to work and are injured you will not be compensated for injuries. In turn if you are able to call in about your inability to make it in to work and you are within 2 hours of your report time you will be subject to punishment for a late sick call. If you are unable to call in and no one else does it on your behalf you are likely to be deemed AWOL and subject to disciplinary action as a result.

Third, parking in the yards can be difficult depending on the time of day. They are not only used by the RTO division - the division which is responsible for your the title in which you may be employed soon. The yards are also used by outside contractors, DCE - Department of Car Equipment, MOW - Maintenance of Way which includes the following: Track Dept, Signals Dept, Infrastructure Dept, Third Rail Dept, etc.

It's not to say parking is impossible, but it means this. If you have a subway station near you. Use the trains as often as possible.

At Tim, you took your DT February 11... And got called to come in Thursday ....I took mine February 13 so maybe, just maybe I will get a call soon as well....hoping and praying all goes well

I asked the same question for my child....I was told no, pass is only for you. But maybe someone else knows a better answer

There is no better answer. When you get to orientation all will be explained. They'll also tell you that if you are caught letting anyone else use it you will be fired.

I asked the same question for my child....I was told no, pass is only for you. But maybe someone else knows a better answer

The list is moving fast that's for sure. Does anyone know if a spouse is also eligible for a transit free pass? Any information would be appreciated.

no, they're not, and they cant use yours 

There is no better answer. When you get to orientation all will be explained. They'll also tell you that if you are caught letting anyone else use it you will be fired.

The last page of the orientation packet says something about enrolling in TransitCheck Premium program or something that seems to include transit passes and it was you can share that with a family member or friend. Closest thing I can see I guess although I don't know how that works or anything but it looks like you have the option to pay into that every month and get a transit pass through that with pre-tax income. I don't understand though if we get a free transit pass with our ID why would we opt for this? I figure I will get answers in orientation though unless someone here knows first.

FYI: Your pass is for your own personal and professional use. You are not to allow a spouse and/or child borrow or use your pass in anyway shape or form. Doing so can and will likely subject you to disciplinary action. Your pass is good for use on any New York City Transit subway turnstile or NYCT Bus. Your pass is not for use with LIRR, Metro-North, MTA Bridges and Tunnels, Express Buses, etc.

TransitChek will is for filling in the gap with all of the above mentioned services your pass does not cover. Especially those who do not live within the 5 boroughs and must travel lengthy distances for your daily reports.

A good friend of mine received his notice yesterday to report for interview and medical on Friday, April 4, 2014 at 7:30 AM.... He received a good score of 94.222 a list number 2,655 so it's getting closer to me I guess as I am 2,789...

Archived