Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@vee B,

Cool...good luck...I'm gonna try for A...but who knows

I'll be glad to pass school car and any get any division BUT  I realllllyyyyy want division B (fingers crossed) lol

@Vee I see you mention Ms shivers often who is she? She seems to be the guru with all the answers lol how can I get in contact with her. I was an outstanding certification an all of a sudden I called an its says NOT on a outstanding certification my list # is 2700s

How long is schoolcar

Ms Shivers is a very nice lady very informative!@thekiday 2700 you have a little ways to go not long .I start orientation 4/28 got call for my DT feb 11 took my physical & final processing 4/3 list num 2240-2250

is it cool to wear nike acg boots during orientation and training..... I also was reading that a very good bookbag was needed...any suggestions???  thanks

As long as they're black, you can. During orientation/training your supposed to wear the colors. No jeans, no tshirt. During school car people have ran out of their regular colors to wear while waiting for uniform (Light blue button down shirt, and navy or black pants), they've worn different color slacks/shirts. Just try to look as professional (no suits please) as you can with business attire.

Your going to have a lot of books to carry, and on any given day, you may be asked to take a certain book out. Get a durable big book bag

@thekiday , nice to meet you and the way the numbers are being called, I think you'll get called before the end of the summer. Take the number Tim gave you, and call her, she is a very nice lady and yes very informative. The best time I've caught her is after lunch, she's very busy. Good luck to you as well.

@vee please to be of acquaintance as well. I just want to thank you an others in thia forum for sharing your knowledge an answering questions myself an so many have. I will give Ms.S a call after noon tomorrow an see what else I can find out on where I stand. Good luck to you guys on your new endeavor an through school car.

Godislove

As long as they're black, you can. During orientation/training your supposed to wear the colors. No jeans, no tshirt. During school car people have ran out of their regular colors to wear while waiting for uniform (Light blue button down shirt, and navy or black pants), they've worn different color slacks/shirts. Just try to look as professional (no suits please) as you can with business attire.

Your going to have a lot of books to carry, and on any given day, you may be asked to take a certain book out. Get a durable big book bag

So blue dickies pants and blue shirt is safe? How long does it take to get uniform?

So blue dickies pants and blue shirt is safe? How long does it take to get uniform?

About 40% of the class has on blue dickies pants. I have them too, gotta wear them till my uniform comes in. I got measured on Tuesday, i dont know when i'll get them, maybe this week. But as you get the items, you wear them. We got boots, gotta wear them from now on. They are heavy too.

About 40% of the class has on blue dickies pants. I have them too, gotta wear them till my uniform comes in. I got measured on Tuesday, i dont know when i'll get them, maybe this week. But as you get the items, you wear them. We got boots, gotta wear them from now on. They are heavy too.

Checked out the site too where we got measured for the uniforms. Looks like they haven't even shipped any of mine yet. Probably in the same class as you are so you might have the same status.

REPLY to: R160RR: I was also there on Friday and this is what I have learned: They will test your urine and if all is good they will call you via telephone within the next 30 - 80 days. Secondly. They will once again call you in but this time you should have that booklet all filled out and they will send you to there house doctors down the hall. They will give you an EKG, Take your blood Pressure, give you snow hearing test, and give you an eye test. If all is good expect to make the school car school at the end of the month. Now from my understanding if you have any medical issues, like high blood pressure, or Diatbetic it's best for you to go to your own doctor and let him or she give you a note and let the doctor say he sees no reason why you can not do the job as Condoctor. Hope this is useful. Good luck to you and hope we make it through the processes.

@R160RR, from what I've been told by Ms. Shivers, ( the person who will contact you for your physical) there is a class every month with about 60 conductors. This month the class starts April 28, and is being filled in as we speak. You can call Ms.S at 347-643-8218 and check periodically to see where you are or how much further, more or less.She is a very nice and informative person. There is also the DCAS number 212-669-1357. There they can tell you last appointed, sometimes it's not alwaysp to date, but at least you'll have an idea. Ms. S can tell you that too...I think last number hired was 2202, could be more since that was a lil over a week ago I checked. But good luck to you on your endeavor, wishing you the best of luck....it has been a long wait, we are all so anxious to get started. Keep us posted

Archived